+ Reply
Page 20 of 153 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
but there has to be some graphics file for the default keyboard. I mean if there weren't any then we won't see the keyboard
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    but there has to be some graphics file for the default keyboard. I mean if there weren't any then we won't see the keyboard

Thanks
    Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    Nope only the popups that's apart of the [email protected]/w file. The keyboard is generated from code!
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Star784 View Post
    the print, bookmark, and add to reading list stuff cant be changed right now unless u recompile the shared. artwork files. its an issue with winterboard.. anyways ,,those are uiimages. the gray icon is called UIActivityBlank@2x. the facebook and twitter icons change i think when you theme the icons and put it in. YOURTHEME/Folders/Facebook.app and Twitter.app.
    Thanks! You were right! I went ahead and looked into this. The Print, Bookmark, Copy, Add To Reading List, etc. are located in the [email protected]k file in System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework. The file has to be decompiled and recompiled. I believe these particular items are broken down into 2 png's. One is the "background" (UIActivityBlank@2x) which is set for all of them and not unique to each and then I would assume somewhere you would be able to change the "image" in front of the background. I only changed the "background" so I can't say for sure about the "front" images. As for the Facebook and Twitter icons since I don't have either application installed, I had to swap them out the same way I did the above asI found them in the [email protected]k file as well. Thanks again for your time and knowledge,
    -Mastakilla46

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mastakilla46 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have another question. can I use custom icons with out applying a theme?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    I believe these are the images you are looking for highlighted in the photos
    Thank... But no... Already try these
    IOS Theme Designer - Follow me @Dark2Naruto78

Excuse my English, I'm French

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caba1991 View Post
    I have another question. can I use custom icons with out applying a theme?
    That would be called "Manual theming" if you had to call it something. Basically replacing the stock icons with your modded ones without WinterBoard. It eliminates possible lag with WB but is no so tolerant as WB. You will have to clear the caches manually too. There is a few JB tweaks that do this via Cydia or you can clear them manually from within your iOS device.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    While I appreciate your endeavors to help everyone here please ensure that the info you post is correct and relevant. AND tested.

That is NOT the issue in the aforementioned query.

iPhone PNG is an older method to decrypt pngs and isn't a 100% effective.
    Using the likes of iFunbox/iFile decrypts the images AS copied to the PC or saved to the camera roll.

Please keep replies and advice correct relevant.

Thank you
    hey i didnt know that there was a new better way of doing this thank you for that information, and not being totally harsh about out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    hey i didnt know that there was a new better way of doing this thank you for that information, and not being totally harsh about out
    All good. Yip try it out! PNG normalizer has issue pulling down large images. IFunbox (PC based) and iFile (Cydia tweak) have no problems ripping the pngs Apple like to encrypt!

See how u go :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,582 Times in 3,866 Posts

That would be called "Manual theming" if you had to call it something. Basically replacing the stock icons with your modded ones without WinterBoard. It eliminates possible lag with WB but is no so tolerant as WB. You will have to clear the caches manually too. There is a few JB tweaks that do this via Cydia or you can clear them manually from within your iOS device.
    Just for the record, Winterboard has no perceivable lag time so people needn't fear that. I've been doing this a VERY long time and have used WB for-EVER. The WB "lag" thing is a myth. Springboard Widgets, that are often used in Winterboard themes can add the very slightest of detectable lag but almost nothing especially now with the A6 chip in the ip5. In the iPhone 2G, 3G days with little RAM and non multitasking, ANY theming tweak like WB (Summerboard in those days) and DreamBoard had the potential for lag. But from the 4 and on that all went away. So for simple icon theming Winterboard is rock solid gang, and will save you a lot of annoying cache clearing. "Manual theming", has a sorta "not mainstream" appeal sound to it, and do what you like.. of course.. but don't be scared away from WB for the myth of lag. There is none - for simple icon theming. Again - fancy Springboard animation widgets CAN add some minor lag (I don't detect even that).

Now one disclaimer - currently Winterboard has a bug or two on ip5 on ios6. No UI Sounds and no notifications on Lockscreen when using a LS theme. Saurik is working on those.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

brian8534 (02-15-2013), Jahooba (02-15-2013), Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

Ooo, What does this do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Ooo, What does this do?
    That automatically themes all the default.pngs for every app if you dont have one for a specific app. it will use the same default in the fallback folder for every app.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2013), Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Thanks

That automatically themes all the default.pngs for every app if you dont have one for a specific app. it will use the same default in the fallback folder for every app.
    Will this work for lower-res devices, such as ones that use Default.png and [email protected]?

Thanks

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2013), Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Thanks

This works beautifully, thank you

Have any knowledge of other cool tricks or tips?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Thanks

YESS I DO. also for anyone who doesnt know

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-img_0027.png

I saw a post about someone not knowing about that gray background when you scroll the top bar down in safari.
    It is a UIImage and its called [email protected] ng

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-img_0028.png
    and can someone help me with this lol. ive been looking for the longest time for this image. It is that gray background image behind the Q. The last time it was themable was in 5.0.1. it was a uiimage called UIStockImageNoContentDarkGradientBac...Color@2 x.png. 5.1.1 and after it was removed and idk what image it is now. it would be helpful if someone knew what this new image is called and where its located.
    Last edited by Star784; 02-15-2013 at 09:05 AM.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

brian8534 (02-15-2013), Eclipse538 (04-02-2013), Jahooba (02-15-2013), Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nope only the popups that's apart of the [email protected]/w file. The keyboard is generated from code!
    Thanks that completely sucks.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rolexconfuse For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Thanks

Could some tell me which info.plist I have to edit and which line to change my black numbers inside my badges to white please?

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360946405.488598.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    https://mega.co.nz/#!oMFkUKQJ!SVy6A0...x9JUcHBqMi9ijo
    Zippyshare.com - mavguide1.zip
    http://cbusvip.com/mavguide1.zip (direct link)

MAV GUIDE WILL DO THE FOLLOWING(WITHOUT WINTERBOARD):

IPHONE 5: TRANS-LS , LINE-FIX-LS , NO-DOCK-BG-HS. [ + OPTIONAL NO-PAGE-DOTS-HS ]

IPHONE 4: TRANS-LS , LINE-FIX-LS.

NOTE: ON IPHONE 5 IT IS POSSIBLE YOU MIGHT LOSE THE 4G INDICATOR LOGO ON STATUS BAR.

SPECIAL THANKS: DARGONIC @ MODMYI FORUMS & HIZINFIZ @ /R/JAILBREAK & /R/IOSTHEMES.

-MAV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    still stumped on the lockscreen SMS icon bah.. any luck? there's only 1 40x40 icon in the SMS folder, i can't imagine what else it would be considering i successfully changed the phone icon
    There's a notifications bundle - I think it's in /Systems/library/preferencebundles/
    There's several places for those little buggers when it comes to stock apps...

[QUOTE

Now one disclaimer - currently Winterboard has a bug or two on ip5 on ios6. No UI Sounds and no notifications on Lockscreen when using a LS theme. Saurik is working on those.[/QUOTE]

The LS bug is only if yr using a theme with a LockBackground image. I don't w board much, but I edited a lock theme, turning the clock/date into a widget.
    Run widget in LockHTML app/tweak.
    Installed a xnsparent BarLCD, an invisible font in Bytafont for the lockclock, and edited DateFormat plist to have a blank space for lockclock date format.
    I still have the wboard folders for telephony and such, but they are empty.
    There are, not many, but some LS themes that do not add wallpaper.
    After all, that's what the wallpaper preference bundle in the settings app is for...
    Last edited by bozN; 02-15-2013 at 10:56 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bozN For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-16-2013)