+ Reply
Page 19 of 157 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b Some are located in shared artwork and some in the individual apps folder. I know you used to be able to change most of those by
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Star784's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    Some are located in shared artwork and some in the individual apps folder. I know you used to be able to change most of those by putting in appropriate bundle, not sure if ios6 has broken that. Changing things in just the cache file doesn't seem to be a proper method as I'm sure it calls to the original image also
    i tried replacing the files with my own icons and it worked. IT changed them succesfully. But i dont like theming manually. because it is too much of a headache. thats why i was asking if there is a bundle identifier for that folder but im not sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,960 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks for your work, Jato! I'm sure many will benefit. Clearly the mods think it's valuable. Sticky status is hard to gain. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the props. Let me get it altogether in Post 1 & I'm sure it will be a good resource. Have faith :-) I consider myself experienced in the fact that I extract/recompile artwork files, extract/decrypt IPSWs and have basically themed my entire iPhone above & beyond what most themes cover! Wait for the release!! 👊
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-14-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,452 Times in 6,379 Posts

Ok, I don't think this has been posted, and you are more than welcome to post this on the OP if you would like.

If you are looking to theme those pesky settings icons, that no matter what, just won't theme then I have a solution. The reason is that they don't have a bundle identifier in their plist. Now I know what your thinking, " I'm gonna have to add something to each plist that doesn't have one ". While this may work, not sure as I've never tried it, I have a much simpler solution. Just download this info.plist and place in this folder:

Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences

This should solve a lot of them that are giving you a hard time. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cuottoml494mo0h
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

Thanks

Cool thanks King! I plan to update Post 1 with this info! Appreciate your input as always! 👊

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem with Wallpapers/Backgrounds - Right Resolution, but they are too Big
    Hi,

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, have looked high and low for the problem and answer, but can't find. I've found the location in my themes to change various wallpapers and backgrounds, in this particular instance, the SMS background, which is in my theme under SMSBackground.png

I've changed the PNG to a new image that is completely the correct resolution (and same as other backgrounds that work) I've opened in Photoshop and other programs and confirmed it's resolution is correct at 640x1136.

BUT, when you open the application, the iPhone is ENLARGING the background wallpaper to some bigger size and not sizing it at actual size. What is causing this? How do I either stop the enlarging effect of the PNG so it shows actual size, or make the wallpaper smaller so when it enlarges it is correct?

This is background for BiteSMS if that matters...

See images below - background as it appears in ap, and full background as it should appear.
    iOS6x Theme GUIDE-image.pngiOS6x Theme GUIDE-download-iphone5-retina-hd-wallpapers-43.jpg

Thanks

Can someone help me to find some pngs?

I need to modify the 2 with red arrow...

Also, this one is making me crazy...

IIt appears to be the same as the last in 5.1.1 (appears in SpringBoard.app) but doesn't work!! Someone succeeded to fix it?
    IOS Theme Designer - Follow me @Dark2Naruto78

Excuse my English, I'm French

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by masterbeat99 View Post
    Hi,

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, have looked high and low for the problem and answer, but can't find. I've found the location in my themes to change various wallpapers and backgrounds, in this particular instance, the SMS background, which is in my theme under SMSBackground.png

I've changed the PNG to a new image that is completely the correct resolution (and same as other backgrounds that work) I've opened in Photoshop and other programs and confirmed it's resolution is correct at 640x1136.

BUT, when you open the application, the iPhone is ENLARGING the background wallpaper to some bigger size and not sizing it at actual size. What is causing this? How do I either stop the enlarging effect of the PNG so it shows actual size, or make the wallpaper smaller so when it enlarges it is correct?

See images below - background as it appears in ap, and full background as it should appear.
    Attachment 622029Attachment 622030
    That background works kind of weird. How we did it in the past was we used a square background that had the biggest resolution dimension on a side. For the iPhone 5 try an image res of 1136x1136.

That won't solve the problem perfectly, but it will at least look a better while zoomed in.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-14-2013 at 06:49 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Hi,

Attachment 622029Attachment 622030
    It's cuz the smsbackground is for landscape and portrait. That's why you need a 960x960 for 4/4s and 1136x1136 for i5. Winterboard scales the portrait bg awkwardly, in landscape the image should be correctly proportionate. If it wasn't for winter board we wouldn't even be able to theme the smsbg.

Quote Originally Posted by dark2naruto View Post

Also, this one is making me crazy...

IIt appears to be the same as the last in 5.1.1 (appears in SpringBoard.app) but doesn't work!! Someone succeeded to fix it?
    I don't know if that is themeable, I'll take a look around. With the mask on the banner have you tried shrinking the mask slightly? Don't know if that will work
    Last edited by Q_bAn_b; 02-14-2013 at 06:55 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    That background works kind of weird. How we did it in the past was we used a square background that had the biggest resolution dimension on a side. For the iPhone 5 try an image res of 1136x1136.

That won't solve the problem perfectly, but it will at least look a better while zoomed in.
    Ah, thank you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to masterbeat99 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks for the guide i have a quick question im on an ipad 4thgen 6.1 and im trying to switch some of the icons from a theme i have. heres my question do i have to switch and resize all the icon pngs or just the [email protected] and do they all have to be 118x120? heres a pic https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80505191/Ph...%2018%20PM.png this is the game center folder in the bundle folder. thanks for the help in advanced

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Strangely when I do that, it is STILL sized up. I can make an 1136 x 1136 and the background in SMS is still enlarged, even at landscape, the 1136 is seems to be sizing up to 4 times the size, as what should fill the top middle in landscape and fit edge to edge is still sizing over and down - something is definitely sizing up my 1136 x 1136 to bigger, and it's driving me crazy....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dark2naruto View Post

I believe these are the images you are looking for highlighted in the photos iOS6x Theme GUIDE-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360894758.985661.jpgiOS6x Theme GUIDE-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360894772.375528.jpgiOS6x Theme GUIDE-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360894788.471317.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caba1991 View Post
    thanks for the guide i have a quick question im on an ipad 4thgen 6.1 and im trying to switch some of the icons from a theme i have. heres my question do i have to switch and resize all the icon pngs or just the [email protected] and do they all have to be 118x120? heres a pic https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80505191/Ph...%2018%20PM.png this is the game center folder in the bundle folder. thanks for the help in advanced
    Ok, iPad uses different sized icons. App Store icons are 144x144px so look for an icon around that size. Sorry am at work. 118x120 px sizing only applies to the iPhone/iPod devices.

I will update this post when home but just look for an icon of that sizing. The other icons are used throughout the iOS.

Native/Default icons for iPad 3/4 are 148px W & 152px H
    App Store icons are 144px x 144px as stated above.

See how u go
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-15-2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Confirming iPad icon sizes (once home from work!)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Keyboard
    Does anyone know how to theme the keyboard? I've looked at the shared artwork, framework, and etc but I don't see any keyboard art files

Green Apple
    Thanks

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360897792.620370.jpg

I cant figure out how to remove the shadow around icons placed on the dock. I think its the sbdockmask but i cant find the location of it. Any help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    Does anyone know how to theme the keyboard? I've looked at the shared artwork, framework, and etc but I don't see any keyboard art files
    This is the thread u are after my friend!

Color Keyboard Guide

It's code but that thread will help u theme it! 👊

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok, iPad uses different sized icons. App Store icons are 144x144px so look for an icon around that size. Sorry am at work. 118x120 px sizing only applies to the iPhone/iPod devices.

I will update this post when home but just look for an icon of that sizing. The other icons are used throughout the iOS but the icon on your home screen is of that 144 sizing.

See how u go
    Thanks for the info man but I switch the camera icon with a jaku size 114x114 and 118x120 and it stuck

23. The Following User Says Thank You to caba1991 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tremme118 View Post
    Hi guys.
    Since upgrading I am having problems with my custom lockscreens.
    There is now a little bar looking thing at the bottom that I can't seem to get rid of.
    I don't know how to fix the problem.
    I have attached an image of what I mean below. If anyone could help me it would be great.

This is the thread u are after my friend!

Color Keyboard Guide

It's code but that thread will help u theme it! ��
    I found that but I didn't want to use color keyboard. I want to theme the keyboard manually and to do that I need to find the default keyboard images which I can't locate. I know the keyboard files used to be in Keyboard-StandardQWERTY.artwork but that file doesn't seem to exist anymore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    I found that but I didn't want to use color keyboard. I want to theme the keyboard manually and to do that I need to find the default keyboard images which I can't locate. I know the keyboard files used to be in Keyboard-StandardQWERTY.artwork but that file doesn't seem to exist anymore
    There is no default images as Apple canned that in iOS 3 i believe but CK makes it possible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Strangely when I do that, it is STILL sized up. I can make an 1136 x 1136 and the background in SMS is still enlarged, even at landscape, the 1136 is seems to be sizing up to 4 times the size, as what should fill the top middle in landscape and fit edge to edge is still sizing over and down - something is definitely sizing up my 1136 x 1136 to bigger, and it's driving me crazy....
    Did you accidentally delete the @2x part or it? I think that might cause that effect

There is no default images as Apple canned that in iOS 3 i believe but CK makes it possible.
    I think the only things you can theme manually are the keyboard pop ups

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyZ83 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)