+ Reply
Page 18 of 153 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Jahooba Thanks! Strangely enough I've had all of these themed and in the proper folders already, but they're still not changing. Maybe the png's are corrupt? I'll
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Thanks! Strangely enough I've had all of these themed and in the proper folders already, but they're still not changing.

Maybe the png's are corrupt? I'll try ripping them from the theme to my desktop, then back again... ?

update: nope
    The way I said works, I know cuz I'm using it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,578 Times in 3,863 Posts

Thanks! Strangely enough I've had all of these themed and in the proper folders already, but they're still not changing.

Maybe the png's are corrupt? I'll try ripping them from the theme to my desktop, then back again... ?

There are many things wrong with Winterboard these days. Saurik is working madly to clean them up. But he wants to get it right - so it's taking painfully slow. For what it's worth ALL my settings icons from established themes are working in Winterboard now. Try toggling Summerboard mode on and off too and respringing and see if it starts working. Summerboard mode is also broken too and having affect on things.

This is the strangest (I say this fondly - not as a flame or anything) little thread in the sense that the people here I ONLY see here and nowhere else in the other major theme or jailbreaking threads. Even several of you who have 'orange name' status are here but I've never seen you before and I've been active for QUITE a while now. Is there some 'unique' aspect to this thread? Is it that you all are dedicated to making themes from 'scratch'? The reason I ask - is that ALL I've learned about modding my phone from myself I've learned from the masters that hang at the main theme threads. It seems like a lot of questions are being asked here that are common chat at theme threads. Good luck. And I'm glad to help if I can -- but there are actually 'sticky' threads that answer a LOT of the questions I see being asked here.

Happy modding!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default biteSMS QR Button BG problem
    ok I can't get the QR/QC Button BG's to change... "Later, Open, Call, Popup, Close & Send"

I've tried editing the .plist & also importing images into every possible place

How do i change these stupid buttons? lol

I'm on a 4S running a tweaked millski_Metro theme

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    There are many things wrong with Winterboard these days. Saurik is working madly to clean them up. But he wants to get it right - so it's taking painfully slow. For what it's worth ALL my settings icons from established themes are working in Winterboard now. Try toggling Summerboard mode on and off too and respringing and see if it starts working. Summerboard mode is also broken too and having affect on things.

This is the strangest (I say this fondly - not as a flame or anything) little thread in the sense that the people here I ONLY see here and nowhere else in the other major theme or jailbreaking threads. Even several of you who have 'orange name' status are here but I've never seen you before and I've been active for QUITE a while now. Is there some 'unique' aspect to this thread? Is it that you all are dedicated to making themes from 'scratch'? The reason I ask - is that ALL I've learned about modding my phone from myself I've learned from the masters that hang at the main theme threads. It seems like a lot of questions are being asked here that are common chat at theme threads. Good luck. And I'm glad to help if I can -- but there are actually 'sticky' threads that answer a LOT of the questions I see being asked here.

Happy modding!
    I understand what you're saying, but if you think about it, your post doesn't help at all, so you're cluttering up this post just as foolishly. Good day to you, sir!

Elitist thread Nazis - I can't stand 'em.

Really what we should be doing is just finding out what works, making a list that's all pretty-like, and then giving it to Jato so he can post it to the first post
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013), medic88 (02-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Two things...
    edit: actually one thing lol

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-img_0022.png

in the bottom toward the dock there is a shadow. i dont know what it is but i want it gone. is this an image located somewhere?
    Last edited by Star784; 02-14-2013 at 03:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    PLEASE HELP: Does anybody know where the icons for Twitter, Facebook, Print, Copy, Bookmark, Add To Reading List that you find when you click the "action/bookmark button" on the bottom when using Safari? Thank you in advance to anybody that ca help with this. On a side note, I don't even have the Twitter or Facebook applications installed but it still shows an icon in the above location. Thanks,
    -Mastakilla46

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastakilla46 View Post
    PLEASE HELP: Does anybody know where the icons for Twitter, Facebook, Print, Copy, Bookmark, Add To Reading List that you find when you click the "action/bookmark button" on the bottom when using Safari? Thank you in advance to anybody that ca help with this. On a side note, I don't even have the Twitter or Facebook applications installed but it still shows an icon in the above location. Thanks,
    -Mastakilla46
    the print, bookmark, and add to reading list stuff cant be changed right now unless u recompile the shared. artwork files. its an issue with winterboard.. anyways ,,those are uiimages. the gray icon is called UIActivityBlank@2x. the facebook and twitter icons change i think when you theme the icons and put it in. YOURTHEME/Folders/Facebook.app and Twitter.app.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

mastakilla46 (02-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,609 Posts

Happy modding!
    While I appreciate your feedback in the fondest manner, when the 6.1 JB dropped there was no thread dedicated to it or the iPhone 5. As stated in my first post this was geared towards 6.1 and the i5.

I have merely included more content in my first post on the requests from other themers.

While this thread is in no means the be all and end all type of thread the idea was to bring all those interested in modding their devices to a common thread instead of hunting thru truckloads of threads. Thus the same question being answered over and over again.

Sure it could probably BE better and IS still a "work in progress" but I am a strong believer in pooling together the resources of the MMi users for the benefit of us all.

Really I just put this thread out there as I thought it could be more useful than not doing this at all.

I do not have a problem if this thread is un stickied - MODS
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-14-2013), medic88 (02-15-2013)

Thanks

Happy modding!
    By your comment I'm gonna take a stab and say your the drama queen in "your" threads. Hence why you wouldn't of seen me, I avoid those types.

Quote Originally Posted by Star784 View Post
    Two things...
    edit: actually one thing lol

Attachment 621997

in the bottom toward the dock there is a shadow. i dont know what it is but i want it gone. is this an image located somewhere?
    Looks like the wallpaper gradient in the springboard bundle. There is also 1 system/library/privateframeworks/springboardui.framework
    Last edited by Q_bAn_b; 02-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-14-2013), Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

Thanks

I understand what you're saying, but if you think about it, your post doesn't help at all, so you're cluttering up this post just as foolishly. Good day to you, sir!

Really what we should be doing is just finding out what works, making a list that's all pretty-like, and then giving it to Jato so he can post it to the first post
    YES THAT IS THE PLAN EXACTLY!! You and me, we are on the same wavelength!! 👊
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    By your comment I'm gonna take a stab and say your the drama queen in "your" threads. Hence why you wouldn't of seen me, I avoid those types.

Looks like the wallpaper gradient in the springboard bundle. There is also 1 system/library/privateframeworks/springboardui.framework

Thank you.. it worked.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

Q_bAn_b (02-14-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Attachment 621959
    i cant see the press DONE button so i want to outline it

what is that png name for an iphone 4s 6.1.1

EDIT: where is the original com.apple.mobiletimer located from root not using winterboard so that i can see the original icons thanks

thanks
    Use I file go back to root and start looking. This thread is getting crazy, can't anyone look for things themselves these days
    @Jato_bz I don't know how you put up with this, you have patience like no other lol
    Q_bAn_b
    This thread is not getting crazy, there are threads with over 50 pages, this one has 12, on another note who in there right mind is going to read through 11 pages just to find one png when not everyone uses a nice photo telling you the exact image they want to edit

now if you can talk in a respectful tone instead of a im better then you tone maybe we can have a discussion not a drama discussion, you didnt have to answer me with that tone or not at all and just let someone else with a more mature attitude answer me, this is unacceptable
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 02-14-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

Has anyone found the image that creates the reflection of the album artwork in the iPod player? I've searched and searched to no avail. I thought for sure it was one of the gradients in either the ipodui or the media player bundles but its not. It's also not the sheen image in the media player bundle

Q_bAn_b
    This thread is not getting crazy, there are threads with over 50 pages, this one has 12, on another note who in there right mind is going to read through 11 pages just to find one png when not everyone uses a nice photo telling you the exact image they want to edit

now if you can talk in a respectful tone instead of a im better then you tone maybe we can have a discussion not a drama discussion, you didnt have to answer me with that tone or not at all and just let someone else with a more mature attitude answer me, dont make me get a mod in here cause they are not in short supply, i know the super mod of this whole site as a friend on here, this is unacceptable
    Lol i didnt know you can read tone. The problem with people these days is they expect everything given to them. Your better off finding things on your own, you will learn the filesystem much better that way. Your question was not based on an ios6 image change but something that has been there for ages so technically your the one breaking protocol as this is an ios6 themeing guide thread not a general, "I don't feel like looking for myself so what is it" thread. As for your mod buddy invite him/her over, I don't think he/she will be abusing there mod powers to take care of your sore feelings. I'm done with this discussion, anything else pm me so we don't clutter this thread up with your drama
    Last edited by Q_bAn_b; 02-14-2013 at 04:20 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-27-2013), King_O_Hill (02-14-2013)

Thanks

Does anyone know a way to theme those App Store and iTunes tab bar icons with winter board and not manually. I can't find a bundle identifier.

The directory is var/mobile/library/caches/com.apple.MobileStore/Sections/10-143441..it's weird that they put it there. Why not put it in the original MobileStore.app...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

BenderRodriguez (02-14-2013)

Thanks

reasonable response, problem handled and settled
    thank you

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,126 Times in 5,499 Posts

I can help you with thi, just give me a few. It is a simple fix, but I don't have the file on my phone right now. Just hang tight!

Ahhh, and I see that NewD has come to make friends here too! He means well, but just doesn't come off well.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-14-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

Thanks

Does anyone know a way to theme those App Store and iTunes tab bar icons with winter board and not manually. I can't find a bundle identifier.

The directory is var/mobile/library/caches/com.apple.MobileStore/Sections/10-143441..it's weird that they put it there. Why not put it in the original MobileStore.app...
    hey thankyou thats where that is, but i dont see any icons in the com.apple.mobiletimer
    its all cache files, where are these files originally cached from?

if your using a Mac go get iPhonePNG Normalizer, this might help with seeing the corrupted files and editing them with Photoshop
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 02-14-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks

if your using a Mac go get iPhonePNG Normalizer, this might help with seeing the corrupted files and editing them with Photoshop
    While I appreciate your endeavors to help everyone here please ensure that the info you post is correct and relevant. AND tested.

That is NOT the issue in the aforementioned query.

iPhone PNG is an older method to decrypt pngs and isn't a 100% effective.
    Using the likes of iFunbox/iFile decrypts the images AS copied to the PC or saved to the camera roll.

Please keep replies and advice correct relevant.

Thank you

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BenderRodriguez (02-15-2013), Q_bAn_b (02-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,578 Times in 3,863 Posts

My aren't you a 'pleasant' one...

That's already being done in other threads started before or at the time this one started. But all good..

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    While I appreciate your feedback in the fondest manner, when the 6.1 JB dropped there was no thread dedicated to it or the iPhone 5. As stated in my first post this was geared towards 6.1 and the i5.
    Fair enough. But the problem is that you don't have many veterans helping you with answers yet. In what I've read so far there's a lot of incomplete information that's been covered again and again in even sticky threads. Stuff that ALSO applies to 6.1 on iP5. That's why I spoke up. I will speak 'specifically' from here on and not generally so as to keep your intent going, bro. I get it.

While this thread is by no means the be all and end all type of thread the idea was to bring all those interested in modding their devices to a common thread instead of hunting thru truckloads of threads. Thus the same question being answered over and over again.
    But there are/were already threads like this. But another one won't hurt, I guess. People aren't very verses at MMI on using the Search function. I have found that in my time here.

Sure it could probably BE better and IS still a "work in progress" but I am a strong believer in pooling together the resources of the MMi users for the benefit of us all.

Really I just put this thread out there as I thought it could be more useful than not doing this at all.

I do not have a problem if this thread is un stickied - MODS
    All is well. Stickied status is good! Didn't notice that until you just said it. Thanks for your work.

LOL!!!!! Who is "dramatic", here, is now 'quite' obvious. Good to meet you Q-bAn!

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    As stated in my first post this was geared towards 6.1 and the i5.
    Thanks for your work, Jato! I'm sure many will benefit. Clearly the mods think it's valuable. Sticky status is hard to gain. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-14-2013 at 05:31 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-27-2013), Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

Thanks

Some are located in shared artwork and some in the individual apps folder. I know you used to be able to change most of those by putting in appropriate bundle, not sure if ios6 has broken that. Changing things in just the cache file doesn't seem to be a proper method as I'm sure it calls to the original image also