+ Reply
Page 130 of 153 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120128129130131132 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3055

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by dsg I recommend removing it with cydia, then do a hierarchy search with iFile for the residual files and delete them too. then reboot I thought of
...
  1. #2581
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,378
    Thanks
    3,627
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I recommend removing it with cydia, then do a hierarchy search with iFile for the residual files and delete them too. then reboot
    I thought of that too, dsg.. And did it before. Removed and reinstalled many times. I'm assuming you're referring to 'WidgetWeather 1.5-26? What would I be looking for - and in what folders? I don't know where to see WHAT all gets installed? A long time ago I remember being in some window, maybe at Cydia's install window - where you can tell what ALL gets installed when you install a tweak. Where is that information?

    THanks,
    Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-02-2013)

  3. #2582
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    Var/lib/dpkg/info

    Look for

    com.sddevstudio.weather.list

    It will show all files installed via Widget Weather & directories used
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), dsg (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-02-2013)

  5. #2583
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,810
    Thanks
    38,963
    Thanked 16,305 Times in 5,969 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I thought of that too, dsg.. And did it before. Removed and reinstalled many times. I'm assuming you're referring to 'WidgetWeather 1.5-26? What would I be looking for - and in what folders? I don't know where to see WHAT all gets installed? A long time ago I remember being in some window, maybe at Cydia's install window - where you can tell what ALL gets installed when you install a tweak. Where is that information?

    THanks,
    Grant
    2 ways for this.

    Cydia, look for "file system content"

    AppInfo

    Ok, I guess there are 3 ways!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), dsg (10-02-2013), Jato_BZ (10-02-2013)

  7. #2584
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    I find looking at the Bundle ID "list" file with iFile (text viewer) via var/lib/dpkg/info gives me the best info & ive found it to be the most accurate method.

    No reliance on Cydia or App Info.

    But it is good to see there are additional/alternative methods!

    ***STRICTLY READ ONLY VIA THE METHOD I USE***

    Even tho I don't have Weather Widget installed you can usually always confirm the Bundle ID & list file as noted in Cydia under the specific Tweak's "Package Details" then the "ID" header
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 10-02-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), dsg (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-02-2013), RKO1195 (10-02-2013)

  9. #2585
    dsg
    dsg is online now
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,758
    Thanks
    3,122
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 709 Posts

    @NewdestinyX yes thats what I meant sorry

    try hierarchy searches of sddevstudio and WidgetWeather and anything else related, at / in iFile
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), Jato_BZ (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-02-2013)

  11. #2586
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,378
    Thanks
    3,627
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well worth a shot. I changed the permissions myself a while back so I figured it probably wasn't your issue but doesn't hurt to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I recommend removing it with cydia, then do a hierarchy search with iFile for the residual files and delete them too. then reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Var/lib/dpkg/info

    Look for

    com.sddevstudio.weather.list

    It will show all files installed via Widget Weather & directories used
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    2 ways for this.

    Cydia, look for "file system content"

    AppInfo

    Ok, I guess there are 3 ways!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    @NewdestinyX yes thats what I meant sorry

    try hierarchy searches of sddevstudio and WidgetWeather and anything else related, at / in iFile
    THanks, guys.. I'll start with the FileContents list in Cydia.. And see if an uninstall actually clears ALL the files.

    Is it your consensus that we could simply be talking about a corrupt file from JUST the WidgetWeather tweak?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  13. #2587
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    I've read & re-read your post with the issues you are facing. I opened my weather app via NC it updated immediately. I'm not running Widget Weather ATM as previously mentioned.

    Something must be broken IMO if your stock weather app can't update when u open NC? That's like the "core" fundamentals of iOS that determine that. It must be something else other than the Widget Weather as I have installed & uninstalled it a few times & my stock Weather App doesn't have any problems.

    With the backboard file u deleted, the iFile issue & then the 3 ilex restores you have done the corruption on your iDevice may be deep rooted potentially...

    What's everyone's thoughts? That's my take on things...
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  15. #2588
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,378
    Thanks
    3,627
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

    I just did an uninstall of WidgetWeather... and it did a very thorough uninstall of every FILE CONTENTS item listed in Cydia. And I've done that step several times before. So I'm pretty sure it's not a simple prefs file left behind after the uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I've read & re-read your post with the issues you are facing. I opened my weather app via NC it updated immediately. I'm not running Widget Weather ATM as previously mentioned.

    Something must be broken IMO if your stock weather app can't update when u open NC? That's like the "core" fundamentals of iOS that determine that. It must be something else other than the Widget Weather as I have installed & uninstalled it a few times & my stock Weather App doesn't have any problems.

    With the backboard file u deleted, the iFile issue & then the 3 ilex restores you have done the corruption on your iDevice may be deep rooted potentially...

    What's everyone's thoughts? That's my take on things...
    Thanks for testing, Jato. I'm beginning to agree with your assessment. I pretty much thought that was the case. And I'm currently looking for a new iP5 with 6.1.2 on it. It will be hard to find - but not impossible.

    The only other test I'm hoping someone can do for me.. Is to install Widget weather.. It will install a lockscreen called 01 Widget Weather Base.. The next time you travel through a couple of towns near your home.. please set your auto lock to OFF.. So the phone stays on the whole time. Set Widget Weather to CONSTANT mode.. and please track for me if the Widget Weather Lockscreen updates with each city you pass within a few seconds of your entering it. If it does.. flawlessly.. then I will know that I am not expecting TOO much of Widget weather. Do this while keeping your eyes on the road of course.. LOL!!!!!

    I believe it DOES work flawlessly for people now (since the 1.5-26 update) - but very few keep the phone open and on watching for every change when they're travelling. Before I go through this difficult task of getting another phone jailbroken I want to know if Widget weather - with a normal jailbroken 6.1.2 CAN deliver as promised and as I've seen it do in earlier versions -- though they all eventually stuck before 1.4-9.

    Thanks, all, for your help!! One last thing.... Does anyone know where I can find the Weather.app's PREFERENCES files.. It's possible a clearing of them could help.. OR that could kill my jailbreak too if I'm not careful.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  17. #2589
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    U might not need to hunt for a 6.1.2 iPhone 5 as I have "faith" & "confidence" there will be an untethered JB released for 6.1.3/6.1.4 devices.

    Hopefully it's in the final stages. It's what the unlucky/jailed users need!

    There will be plenty on 6.1.4 if that's the case! Restore yours & sell it if u can or not if u don't want to! I got rid of mine as didnt see the point having two 5's!
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  19. #2590
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,378
    Thanks
    3,627
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    U might not need to hunt for a 6.1.2 iPhone 5 as I have "faith" & "confidence" there will be an untethered JB released for 6.1.3/6.1.4 devices.

    Hopefully it's in the final stages. It's what the unlucky/jailed users need!

    There will be plenty on 6.1.4 if that's the case! Restore yours & sell it if u can or not if u don't want to! I got rid of mine as didnt see the point having two 5's!
    Yes. That's also what I'm hoping too. I traveled to many stores today - and many had iPhones aplenty. But all with serial numbers showing 6.1.3 or 6.1.4.. If I restore my phone now - it will only be able to go to 7.0.1 -- so I will sell mine - as you've said. And then buy one that will be on 6.1.3.. or .4.. Does anyone think ANY of the iPhone 5 stock in stores will have iOS7 on it? Doubtful - right?

    My only other concern would be whether or not Widget Weather and my other tweaks will still run on 6.1.3 or 6.1.4..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  21. #2591
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    I wouldn't think any iPhone 5's would have iOS7 installed on them would they? I've usually found the box the iPhone comes in is sealed. So whatever firmware it is installed at the time of manufacturing & the fact the iPhone5 is now defunct I wouldn't imagine any to be on iOS7 IMO.

    As for tweaks I would think this is fine as the 6.1.3/6.1.4 were minor updates that addressed small issues & not major firmware revisions.

    In regards to tweaks, apparently this is not an issue & WB can be installed too on 6.1.4

    Quoted as below

    Q: Are running WB on your 6.1.4 iPhone or manual themeing? Are u able to install tweaks from Cydia too?

    A:I can install tweaks and winter board

    Yes as u may have guessed I know someone who is very close to the JB Devs who has been testing the 6.1.4 Private JB. I also have the 6.1.4 [email protected]k but not extracted yet. I doubt it's any different. The 6.1.3 [email protected]k wasnt any different...

    Word from the user, JB is usable but not 100% stable...

    #Hope
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 10-02-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), dsg (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  23. #2592
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,147
    Thanks
    30,164
    Thanked 8,456 Times in 3,558 Posts

    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    dsg (10-03-2013), Jato_BZ (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  25. #2593
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    U reckon we will see the 7X JB this side of Christmas? I'm unsure...
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    dsg (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  27. #2594
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bulldog5278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    3,174
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 968 Posts

    Quick question,my ringtone for some reason has disappeared from my sounds,it's still there in ifile,and its a purchased one from iTunes,where do I put this file to get it back in to my sound?as when its added to ringtones it comes out as a load of numbers,many thanks👍

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  29. #2595
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5278 View Post
    Quick question,my ringtone for some reason has disappeared from my sounds,it's still there in ifile,and its a purchased one from iTunes,where do I put this file to get it back in to my sound?as when its added to ringtones it comes out as a load of numbers,many thanks👍
    var/stash/Ringtones

    Just rename it to whatever, I did that too recently. Shows up perfectly in the Settings App no worries when applying it as a ringtone as the edited name u name it to.

    I renamed mine to "KnightRider.m4r" without the quotation marks & left the .m4r extension as is!

    Yuh felt jealous when Marky mark had that ringtone on Ted!

    😂
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 10-02-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-02-2013), dsg (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  31. #2596
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bulldog5278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    3,174
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 968 Posts

    ^^^ok I will go and do that,thanks bro👍

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  33. #2597
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. That's also what I'm hoping too. I traveled to many stores today - and many had iPhones aplenty. But all with serial numbers showing 6.1.3 or 6.1.4.. If I restore my phone now - it will only be able to go to 7.0.1 -- so I will sell mine - as you've said. And then buy one that will be on 6.1.3.. or .4.. Does anyone think ANY of the iPhone 5 stock in stores will have iOS7 on it? Doubtful - right?

    My only other concern would be whether or not Widget Weather and my other tweaks will still run on 6.1.3 or 6.1.4..
    I had to switch my 5s 64gig gold out last week for a cosmetic defect and they gave me a new one on ios 7.0 even when 7.0.2 was out, i didnt ask them to update it they just handed it to me so you might get lucky but if u ask you are probably screwed, go when its really busy so they just try to get you in and out and not do the waiting game of waiting for it to update and act like your in a hurry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Something must be broken IMO if your stock weather app can't update when u open NC? That's like the "core" fundamentals of iOS that determine that.
    Have you tried safemode boot?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 10-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

    dsg (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  35. #2598
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    2,963
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

    no problem!
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  37. #2599
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bulldog5278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    3,174
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 968 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    no problem!
    Sorted bro,👍👊

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-02-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  39. #2600
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5278 View Post
    Sorted bro,����
    oh thats a fist pound... i was using it as another symbol on my iPhone....

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts