+ Reply
Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Thx for all the info being posted here guys, very appreciated. 2 Q's though, I haven't seen any mention of the location of the springboard dock, maybe I missed it.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thx for all the info being posted here guys, very appreciated. 2 Q's though, I haven't seen any mention of the location of the springboard dock, maybe I missed it. Also, does anyone know if the lockscreen and springboard statusbars are two separate images again? Thx all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to newskin For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SGHA110 View Post
    Attachment 621459

Hi,

I have an issue with some icons, see the picture. Someone knows how to fix it ?

Thank you for your help.
    THIS is exactly my problem, I can't get it managed to fix these damn black icon shadows, though I have already replaced all files in Library/CoreServices/Springboard. Winterboard didn't work too. Lets get this fixed!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi_Earl View Post
    THIS is exactly my problem, I can't get it managed to fix these damn black icon shadows, though I have already replaced all files in Library/CoreServices/Springboard. Winterboard didn't work too. Lets get this fixed!
    Are you talking about the reflection in that pic? If so its called sbdock mask located in the springboard bundle

Or you mean that little one by the phone icon? The one on the phone looks as if it was saved within the image itself

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

No I mean this black shape remaining of the stock icons when you replace them with Buuf ones for example as I do.

To give a better overview over my problem:
    I have replaced the wallpapericonshadow files with transparent ones and now I also found the switchericonshadows, which I replaced with success! At first the black icon shadows were also in the app switcher, but now that is fixed:

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-foto.png

But the problem is the same on the homescreen. For example Whatsapp or Paypal, they are remaining with the black shape. And this problem stays even in the Appswitcher, as you can see in the screenshot attached. This is making me crazy!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Yea those are built into the buff icons already. No way around that aside from getting hold of the psd or remaking them. Unless you are very skilled at the pen tool in photoshop

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

No I think you don't understand me, look at the Paypal Icon for example in my attachment. Normally it is a round ball without this black shape of the original icon around it.

The mail icon is as it should be

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi_Earl View Post
    No I mean this black shape remaining of the stock icons when you replace them with Buuf ones for example as I do.

To give a better overview over my problem:
    I have replaced the wallpapericonshadow files with transparent ones and now I also found the switchericonshadows, which I replaced with success! At first the black icon shadows were also in the app switcher, but now that is fixed:

Attachment 621474

But the problem is the same on the homescreen. For example Whatsapp or Paypal, they are remaining with the black shape. And this problem stays even in the Appswitcher, as you can see in the screenshot attached. This is making me crazy!
    Have you tried manually deleting your icon cache folder?

It's located in var/mobile/Library/Caches

In Caches you'll see a folder named com.apple.IconsCache -> Delete the folder with this name, then reboot. WARNING: Delete ONLY the com.apple.IconsCache folder, don't touch any of the others or bad things will likely happen!

A WinterBoard respring usually resets this cache file, so try that first.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-11-2013)

Thanks

I agree about winter board vs internal files, but I see no way around the UINav bar thing right now.
    I use it for status bars as well, as I 'm not do hawt on the command line,and repackaging the Sharedartwork file on OSX blows last time I checked into it...
    Getting the python tools installed is a nightmare of spotty support/wikis (normally, I am a wiki hound!)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I followed your advice now - again with no success. I have also located some files in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons, and deleted the ones looking like the black shadow, but again - NO SUCCESS.

This slowly kills me right now.. Where the hell takes the system the black icon images??

Thanks

To get rid of the black icon backgrounds follow the instructions posted here http://carbonx.me/?hotfix=2 be sure to respring with winter board as it clears the icon caches when it resprings. These are not my instructions, they are from the carbon c pro theme but I have used them on Jahooba's Neurotech HD theme without fail more than once on ios5 and 6

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-12-2013), Lobi_Earl (02-11-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Last edited by Lobi_Earl; 02-11-2013 at 09:55 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just change the file type i think.
    Last edited by jacob61916; 02-11-2013 at 05:28 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,308 Times in 5,971 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leetut View Post
    Removing:
    [email protected]
    Also removed that image from other areas of the phone
    So I still need a fix for removing the line from the lockscreen but not removing it from elsewhere, and without using winterboard (that's for children who can't be trusted to play with internal files)
    I refuse to use winterboard as it causes lag, if I didn't mind lag I'd be using an android device!
    Anyone got a fix ???
    I read editing the wallpaper where the line is and making that part inverted?
    There's really no reason to insult people that do things differently than you do. Just because WB doesn't work for you that's fine, but why is everyone else a child because they chose to do it differently? It's too bad you are so closed minded.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-11-2013), Pinoy (02-11-2013), Sk37cH (02-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello fine people of ModMyi Land.... I am here because I am looking for something that I truly believe you all can help me with!

I am looking for a modded iphone.artwork file that is for the IPHONE 5 that removes the dock shadows and also has an incorporated grey line fix. Oh ya before I forget, I DO NOT use winterboard or any themeing apps - - as for I prefer to do it all manually and cut out additional apps.

I tried greyline fix from cydia ripped out, but the iphone.artwork file in my opinion was made on a iphone 4 because on the iphone 5 it removes the 4g LTE from the status bar.

So just a recap, so I dont have to decompile the .artwork, figure it out, and recompile....I am looking for someone with a Iphone 5 that has a iphone.artwork file that does ONLY the following 2 things 1) Removes grey lines from LS, and also 2) removes shadow/bg/eyesore from the DOCK.

Thank you kindly,

-M

Thanks

Anyone know where i went wrong? I've replaced a few png's with blank png's to get a more clear look on my lockscreen. Now when i'm in the photos app and trying to choose a wallpaper, i can't press either the cancel or set buttons. Any help appreciated, thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Really? I just downloaded a WB theme and it had the "CALL" word as "" in the General strings field and it is theming via WB no issues with my original General.strings file unmodded.

Can you post up a screenshot of your General strings file but of the CALL part? If your main language is English the General strings file you need to mod is located in your original mobilephone app.

Nav to here: /var/stash/ApplicationsXXXxxX/MobilePhone.app/English.lproj

Create a copy and simply rename it. This is a backup in case something was to go wrong or you couldnt remember what to type back in the "CALL" field.

Now this has already been pointed out and im merely just reinforcing the way to do things.

In the General.strings file go to "CALL" = "CALL";

The second CALL bit is the what the iOS is going to display within any app.

Change the second call bit from "CALL" to "" that means the iOS is going to display nothing.

Save changes exit and respring.

Let me know how you go, if it stil doesnt theme is there a tweak that could be interfering??

/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

Then you will just have to go thru the MEGA amount of carriers in there to locate the one you are after
    I am not a noob when it comes to themeing and I have changed strings before but for the life of me I cant figure out why I still have a problem! I am trying to achieve the change through Winterboard when my theme gets active and not by going into the files on the iDevice. How can I theme it through Winterboard?
    Last edited by DAK13; 02-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks
    Moved
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iOS6x Theme GUIDE-image.jpg   iOS6x Theme GUIDE-image.jpg  
    Last edited by 1coolZ71; 02-12-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fixed the link

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1coolZ71 View Post
    Here is a copy of the Top Bar and charging screen that I made for FREE download.
    TK-TopBar.zip
    It works with 6.1 on the Iphone5
    You can change the images if you want to customize your phone.

If you like it and want to donate click TNT Donations
    Would you please kindly share the 6.1 files for iphone 5 that take care of the dreaded greyline and also the dock shadow on the hs?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MavM,

What are you wanting exactly with the dock? Are you wanting the dock removed, the icon shadows gone, or both?

If you want to just remove the dock itself I have the modified file to do it manually. But I left the icon shadows as it looks kind of cool with my background. But the dock itself is gone. That file is not in the [email protected]k file. The file to change to remove the dock is located at System\Library\CoreServices\Springboard.app and file name is SBDockBG@2x~iphone.

I have a modified .artwork file that removes the grey lines from the LS. While it has other changes to I can recompile it with the original artwork with just the grey line removal if you want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dear Mr. Dargonic,

I am looking to do two things.
    1) Remove ONLY the dock shadow/shelf that the icons sit on
    and
    2) Grey line fix for LS

If you would be so kind to upload a .artwork file for the Iphone 5 running ios6 that removes the grey lines from LS I would be forever greatful, also if its possible to do the dock shadow/shelf too that would be great too!!

Thanks in advance,
    -Mav

EDIT: I'm very happy with my setup, just wouldnt mind having the greyline fix in a .artwork that doesnt change anything else, and also that dock shelf/shadow is just driving me bonkers.
    Last edited by MavM; 02-11-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: more info