+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where doees this go? [email protected]

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I've been trying to skin the media player and I've been using other themes sort of as a reference so I can figure out what goes where. And I notice
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default where doees this go? [email protected]
    I've been trying to skin the media player and I've been using other themes sort of as a reference so I can figure out what goes where. And I notice that a number of themes seem to have this '[email protected]'. But I don't see such a file anywhere on the Iphone. Does anyone know where this goes?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,609 Posts

Only app that uses that specific file is the Remote App

where doees this go? MusicVolumeKnob@2x.png-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359581510.748050.jpg

Theming the media player navigate to here to reference the files used

/System/Library/Frameworks/MediaPlayer.framework

See how u go
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Only app that uses that specific file is the Remote App

Attachment 620187

Theming the media player navigate to here to reference the files used

/System/Library/Frameworks/MediaPlayer.framework

See how u go
    I found the frameworks/mediaplayer.framework and got most of the media player skinned. Didn't know why I kept seeing the music volume button file.

Is the remote app a third party add on?

nm I figured it out lol

Thanks

All gd, it does use the SpringBoard App for the Lockscreen controls too.

Navigate to your SpringBoard folder and you will see some of the same files used in the Media player framework.

Like next/previous track etc.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-30-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Jato_bz do you happen to know where the contact app ui elements are at? I'm trying to them the app but I don't see png files in system application, private frameworks, or frameworks. Are they all in the sharedartwork file?

Thanks

Where abouts specifically? Yip Shared artwork does the UI bar / Search bar and the buttons.

If you can post a screenie that would be good.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Where abouts specifically? Yip Shared artwork does the UI bar / Search bar and the buttons.

If you can post a screenie that would be good.
    I'm talking about this
    where doees this go? MusicVolumeKnob@2x.png-img_0900.png

The background, the search bar and etc.

Thanks

The white BG I'm not sure. That maybe code?
    I haven't themed that on my devices yet! But it will be a general image possibly shared throughout the device is my thoughts.
    Everything else is do-able. Do you have a copy of the extracted artwork for 5.1.1? There is about 20-30 diff UI images used throughout the iOS to theme the UI bars etc. so it's a process of eliminating which images are used.

I'm at work at the moment so but busy to just help u out sorry.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The white BG I'm not sure. That maybe code?
    I haven't themed that on my devices yet! But it will be a general image possibly shared throughout the device is my thoughts.
    Everything else is do-able. Do you have a copy of the extracted artwork for 5.1.1? There is about 20-30 diff UI images used throughout the iOS to theme the UI bars etc. so it's a process of eliminating which images are used.

I'm at work at the moment so but busy to just help u out sorry.
    no problem man. I'm doing a search right now trying to see if it's in the shared artwork file. If i find it before you I'll let you know. It shouldn't be that hard to find

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    no problem man. I'm doing a search right now trying to see if it's in the shared artwork file. If i find it before you I'll let you know. It shouldn't be that hard to find
    Good work! Honestly digging thru it urself is the best way forward! it's how I learnt it!

That BG image for the top UI Bar is the "UISearch" along those lines. Most of the UI stuff is named UI and variations like Nav bar etc etc.

Just to let you know I also extracted and decrypted a iOS 6.1 IPSW for iPhone 4 before the Jailbreak has dropped! So I have access to the entire firmware which ends up on ur phone. I can't extract the 6.1 shared artwork yet tho. As the extractor needs updated.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Good work! Honestly digging thru it urself is the best way forward! it's how I learnt it!

That BG image for the top UI Bar is the "UISearch" along those lines. Most of the UI stuff is named UI and variations like Nav bar etc etc.

Just to let you know I also extracted and decrypted a iOS 6.1 IPSW for iPhone 4 before the Jailbreak has dropped! So I have access to the entire firmware which ends up on ur phone. I can't extract the 6.1 shared artwork yet tho. As the extractor needs updated.
    search and search and found nothing so far

Thanks

search and search and found nothing so far
    Thru the Shared artwork files? They will just slices like 2px wide 88px high. I for the search bar, the UI bar above it and also the buttons?

Thanks

Ok, you need to mod these files for the UI Bars/Buttons and Search bar for starters...

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Those 4 images are for the Contacts UI but may be used throughout the iOS.

See how you go

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok, you need to mod these files for the UI Bars/Buttons and Search bar for starters...

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Those 4 images are for the Contacts UI but may be used throughout the iOS.

See how you go
    Thanks, I found them right after you posted them for me. You know what I'm doing now? I've downloaded a random theme and I've started to tag a number right on the face of each png file. So when I load the theme up in Winterboard, I should see a number on each part. I can now tell what parts are what. I can then go back to my own theme know what the heck I'm looking for.

Thanks

Thanks, I found them right after you posted them for me. You know what I'm doing now? I've downloaded a random theme and I've started to tag a number right on the face of each png file. So when I load the theme up in Winterboard, I should see a number on each part. I can now tell what parts are what. I can then go back to my own theme know what the heck I'm looking for.
    Yip that's one way to do it. The way I've found to do things is as you discovered use a theme and in iFile or iFunbox just put "1" or "2" at the end of the filename of the app you are modding but before the extension so that image won't theme once resprung in WB and will result in the nasty default image. That's all I did to help you out earlier. Then to reapply it just delete the "1" or "2" and respring and it will theme.

Hey I am thinking about making a thread really soon for all things 6.1 like image locations and updated filenames. The idea would be that all 6.1 questions would get asked there so everybody can read thru it to learn where the images are thus answering possible other questions.

Would you find that useful?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yip that's one way to do it. The way I've found to do things is as you discovered use a theme and in iFile or iFunbox just put "1" or "2" at the end of the filename of the app you are modding but before the extension so that image won't theme once resprung in WB and will result in the nasty default image. That's all I did to help you out earlier. Then to reapply it just delete the "1" or "2" and respring and it will theme.

Hey I am thinking about making a thread really soon for all things 6.1 like image locations and updated filenames. The idea would be that all 6.1 questions would get asked there so everybody can read thru it to learn where the images are thus answering possible other questions.

Would you find that useful?
    Yeah that would be great, I can also contribute. I can't believe such a list is not around. There are a lot of talented people making themes but no one has put out a guide about what is what or what goes where you know.

Thanks

Yeah that would be great, I can also contribute. I can't believe such a list is not around. There are a lot of talented people making themes but no one has put out a guide about what is what or what goes where you know.
    Cool, I think it would useful for a lot of ppl and if everybody inputs into it properly it could be great!

Yuh I get wut you are saying there! I'm not sure why some of the experienced themers don't help out?

There is a "Guide to 4x theming which has been maintained here and there. I think it is still out of date as even the thread creator said he isn't even on iOS anymore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm talking about this
    Attachment 620246

The background, the search bar and etc.
    Does anyone know where that white background image is from? It's not in the Shared art from what I can tell.

Thanks

I could be wrong but I think it might be code. I'll ask someone I know who doesn't frequent these forums anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I could be wrong but I think it might be code. I'll ask someone I know who doesn't frequent these forums anymore
    Thanks, I started looking at the plist to see if it's in there