+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Title basically says it. Attached are the pictures to show what I have done; below is the log of what I want to do. AC!D HD GLOW (base) BytaFont (font
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1
    Title basically says it.
    Attached are the pictures to show what I have done; below is the log of what I want to do.

AC!D HD GLOW (base)
    BytaFont (font changes) Doctor Jekyll(font name)
    FakeCarrier (changes iPod/ATT/Verizon/ whatever carrier) *i did not know it works with emoji!*
    I take credit only where I created or edited something.

Log: (in no particular order, only listing what I modified and how.)

Created wallpaper from scratch.
    Edited icon png files by adding 45% hue.
    Re-compiled and resprung iPod.
    Edit images for 'pictures' 'mail' and a few other native icons.
    Edit files to customize the Wi-Fi & UILoading icons in the statusbar.
    Custom Slider icon and background
    Custom Carrier (via app)
    To-Do:

Design and launch notification center.
    Learn how to (haha) and redesign status bar.
    Custom colors and icons 100% my own(TBD)
    Release as my own perfectly custom theme.

alright. i think i finished with this theme, i'm going to try to get ahold of the creator of the AC!D HD GLOW and see if i can re-release this as a blue version (theirs was green) then i'm going to go onward and see about making a new theme. i'm going to start working on one that is 100% custom next. but i'm not sure just what style i feel like doing.

i'm leaning towards diamond and electric. (like a lightening theme) any other suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1-image.jpg   My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1-image.jpg   My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1-image.jpg   My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1-image.jpg   My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1-image.jpg  
    Last edited by onajji; 01-24-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: general updates

Thanks
    Thanked 5,544 Times in 1,932 Posts

Keep at it, it looks promising! ask questions where need be, I've been working on my own theme over 6mnths...everything is being themed. This extends to apps e.g camera - haven't seen too many fully theme it.

Just gotta keep at it man. WinterBoard let's you pretty much fully embrace designing your own images from the ground up.

Have just themed Color Keyboard it def adds a feel of completeness to your theme!

Keep this thread updated or post regularly to keep us informed.

Any questions ask!!

And good luck!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Keep at it, it looks promising! ask questions where need be, I've been working on my own theme over 6mnths...everything is being themed. This extends to apps e.g camera - haven't seen too many fully theme it.

Just gotta keep at it man. WinterBoard let's you pretty much fully embrace designing your own images from the ground up.

Have just themed Color Keyboard it def adds a feel of completeness to your theme!

Keep this thread updated or post regularly to keep us informed.

Any questions ask!!

And good luck!
    i appreciate the positive feedback, i actually just got some more stuff done, and will have to take some more screen shots. i got the icons fixed as far as the defaults are concerned. i found out where the file names were wrong. i have to update my logs. haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm also trying to make my own theme but I'm sort of stuck at the dialer. Do you happen to know where the files for the bottom part is? Specifically the glossy background bar behind the 'recent', 'favorites', 'keypad' and 'voicemail'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    I'm also trying to make my own theme but I'm sort of stuck at the dialer. Do you happen to know where the files for the bottom part is? Specifically the glossy background bar behind the 'recent', 'favorites', 'keypad' and 'voicemail'
    That image is "[email protected]" and is 2x98 pixels. This image is apart of the [email protected]k file. assume iOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4 or 4S or similar???

If you are making a WinterBoard theme the themed image can be just added to YourTheme/UIImages

All the rest of the images for the dialer are contained within the MobilePhone app.

See how you go

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That image is "[email protected]" and is 2x98 pixels. This image is apart of the [email protected]k file. assume iOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4 or 4S or similar???

If you are making a WinterBoard theme the themed image can be just added to YourTheme/UIImages

All the rest of the images for the dialer are contained within the MobilePhone app.

See how you go
    OMG thanks for the help. I've been racking my brains out trying to figure out what i was missing

Thanks

OMG thanks for the help. I've been racking my brains out trying to figure out what i was missing
    Yip theming iOS can do that! Just don't let it beat you!

A useful technique I do to sometimes work pngs out is to take a screenshot of bits you are trying to theme and then measure the height in Photoshop etc. it can make narrowing down the specific pngs a lot quicker otherwise it's needle in a iOS haystack kinda styles!

Glad to hear this helped!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yip theming iOS can do that! Just don't let it beat you!

A useful technique I do to sometimes work pngs out is to take a screenshot of bits you are trying to theme and then measure the height in Photoshop etc. it can make narrowing down the specific pngs a lot quicker otherwise it's needle in a iOS haystack kinda styles!

Glad to hear this helped!
    [email protected] doesn't seem to look right. I'm talking about this

My theme for Learning WinterBoard iPod 4g 6.0.1-img_0898.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-28-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What iOS are you on? Is it named correctly? Worked fine for me on 5.1.1 via WB

Here it is working on my phone...just a quick mock up to show u...

Attachment 620106
    IOS 5.1.1, I'll give it another try. I looked at another theme that had the same item name but it was like 640x98

Thanks

IOS 5.1.1, I'll give it another try. I looked at another theme that had the same item name but it was like 640x98
    Yip it can be that width with WB and if you want to add extra detail. Otherwise 2px wide is just sliced and stretched the full width.

See how you go

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yip it can be that width with WB and if you want to add extra detail. Otherwise 2px wide is just sliced and stretched the full width.

See how you go
    thanks, It works fine.