+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "date" show on calendar with new theme...

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I was just wondering if someone can help me out. I just got this winterboard GT GranTurismo theme on my jailbroken iphone running IOS 4.3.2. Everything so far is
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No "date" show on calendar with new theme...
    Hi, I was just wondering if someone can help me out. I just got this winterboard GT GranTurismo theme on my jailbroken iphone running IOS 4.3.2. Everything so far is working fine, except for 3 issues.
    1. The "date" under calendar is not showing. It's just showing the day of the week but not the date.
    2. The Ipod icon is at stock. Inside the "bundle" folder.. com.apple.mobileipod, there is an icon with "[email protected]", but it's still at stock.
    3. There is no icon for "clock". Where/how do I go the get the icon for "clock"?
    Can anyone show me some direction about changing/fixing these 3 issues?

thank you...
    have a wonderful day..

blnckcruiser

Ok, I've created an "icon" for the "clock".. how do I put that icon for "clock". the clock apps itself works just fine. but there is just no icon for it. on home screen the area is blank and under it, the name of icon " clock".
    Last edited by BlnkCruiser; 01-13-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,904 Times in 2,003 Posts

Sounds like the plist is not correct for the date not to display. With it being on ios 4 I'm not sure my ideas will help but I'll try anyway, I'm on iOS 5.1.1

U will need to check that the plist changing the day and see what the date string is written as putting a zero in the font size can make the date disappear.

Should be something like this for reference

No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-imageuploadedbymodmyi1358138529.317565.jpg

Check the

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>

The clock icon with referencing iOS 5 will need to go in here

YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobiletimer

To check simply go to

/Var/Stash/Applications.xxxxxx/MobileTimer.app and open the Info.plist file and check the Bundle Identifier. You can also confirm the Icon filename to name your themed one.

See how u go
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you Jato_BZ,
    This is the plist for the theme:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <string>position:fixed; margin-top: 11px; color:#AFFCFF; font-size: 17px;width:118px;opacity: 0.7; height:120px; padding: 0px 0 0;text-align:center;margin-left: -0px;text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>margin-left: 0px; color: white; font-size: 8px; opacity: 0.7; margin-Top: 10px; text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string> font-size: 11px; color: red; opacity:0.7;text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); </string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string> position:fixed; margin-top: 2px; font-size: 11px; color: red; opacity:0.7; text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.8);</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    I am not sure where the problem is.....
    Now, as far as the icon for "clock".. inside my theme folder --> bundle-->there is a folder "com.apple.mobiletimer".. inside this folder, there a a bunch of icons.
    Inside /Var/Stash/Applications.xxxxxx/MobileTimer.app, the plist looks like this:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
    <string>10A433</string>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>en</string>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Clock</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>MobileTimer</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobiletimer</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleResourceSpecification</key>
    <string>ResourceRules.plist</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleSupportedPlatforms</key>
    <array>
    <string>iPhoneOS</string>
    </array>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    <key>DTCompiler</key>
    <string>4.2</string>
    <key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>DTPlatformName</key>
    <string>iphoneos</string>
    <key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
    <string>4.3</string>
    <key>DTSDKBuild</key>
    <string>8F177</string>
    <key>DTSDKName</key>
    <string>iphoneos4.3.internal</string>
    <key>DTXcode</key>
    <string>0400</string>
    <key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
    <string>10M2515</string>
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>4.3</string>
    <key>SBMatchingApplicationGenres</key>
    <array>
    <string>Utilities</string>
    <string>Travel</string>
    <string>Reference</string>
    </array>
    <key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    <array>
    <integer>1</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    What do you mean by check the Build Identifier? how..?

thank you......
    really appreciated......

blnkcruiser

Thanks

I put that code into a plist file and the date showed for me. It was very faint tho due to the opacity in the plist. What colour is the background of your calendar icon. If its aqua green that is the same color as the "date" font. Here is a screenshot on my phone No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-imageuploadedbymodmyi1358149668.823671.jpg

Ok the clock bundle id is fine. Look thru mobile app and find a png called [email protected] or [email protected](assume you're on iPhone 4/4S??) open or preview it and make sure the dimensions are 118x120 pixels (assume retina again) if that png is the one displaying on your phone u then need to name your themed one exactly the same and for it to theme it is case sensitive so if it's [email protected] then themed image needs to be the same, if lower case "i" then make sure it's a lowercase "i" on the themed image.

See how u go

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you Jato_BZ..
    I see what you mean... I have edit the "undockediconlabel" to red color and bigger px and that works. But as far as the "date" goes.. I dont know which is the correct line to edit on the plist. The background of the phone is black. If I want to show the "date/font" red in color. What should I edit? (would it be compatable if I overwrite this plist with a plist from another theme?)
    As far as the "clock" issue.. I am lost ... my "Theme-->Bundle-->com.apple.mobiletimer has a png file name "icon@2x" it is a picture of a clock, size 118x120.
    When you said.. "Look thru mobile app".... you mean this folder location..? /Var/Stash/Applications.xxxxxx/MobileTimer.app?...
    Inside this "mobiletimer.app" folder, there is a png file that is identical to the one in the com.apple.mobiletimer folder.
    I know it's a lot of questions.. thank you and have a wonderful day..

blnkcruiser

Thanks

Can you put a screenshot up of your Homescreen? Yuh you can mix and match just need to make sure there is no doubled up code that could confuse the iOS. Make a back of each one then just copy and paste the sections as needed. That's all I did with yours. Yip that's correct about the MobileTimer app name your themed icon "[email protected] and it should now theme once you have resprung your phone.

See how you go

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-15-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,396 Times in 6,353 Posts

If it still doesn't theme, try clearing the caches.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If it still doesn't theme, try clearing the caches.
    Never ever had to worry about clearing the cache at all with WinterBoard performing cache clearing when it resprings...80% of my iPhone is themed from the ground up...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you both for the info...
    Here is the pic of the Homescreen. You see the "date" is missing.. also.. next to it.. no "clock" icon but name is there. No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-img_0001.png
    I found out what's wrong with the "clock" icon. Somehow that icon was just blank and white. I just made an icon and put it in mobiletimer.
    Thank you.. sorry for the trouble. here is the after pic. No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-img_0002.png
    The only issues are the "date" on calendar and the "ipod" icon.

Thank you..
    blnkcruiser

Thanks

Seems odd that the date isn't showing, are you able to Dropbox the plist file? So I can test it on my phone for you? With the ipod icon that seems correct for my iOS 5.1.1 and the bundle id seems correct as well. Im unsure of the Bundle id and icon filename for iOS 4.3. Do you want to check your Bundle Id please.

Go to

var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/Music~iphone.app

Unsure if that directory and file names are named that way in iOS 4.

See how you go.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you Jato_BZ.
    I think the problem is the plist. I've tested other theme and the "date" is fine. So, the problem is definitely in the plist of this particular theme. I am sorry, I dont understand what you mean by "able to dropbox the plist file".
    I am going to check the "ipod" icon again. I know that Bundle Id of this theme have .. com.apple.mobileipod and com.apple.mobileipod setting. Both folders contain the exact icon2x.png. I am going to look in here
    var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/Music~iphone.app .. so see if something is missing.
    Thanks alot Jato_BZ. Looking at both homescreen now... i think i like the clock icon invisible better, it doesnt cover the girl's face. lol..
    have a great day...

blnkcruiser

Thanks

Oh Dropbox as in upload it to a dropbox server where I could download the plist to test on my phone. I agree it's definitely in the plist.

With the iPod icon is it named "[email protected]" or just "icon2x.png"? If its missing the "@" that will cause it NOT ti be themed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you Jato_BZ...
    Here is the plist...plist.rar. I hope i did it right. first time doing this drop box thing. for some reason it won't let me upload the info.plist. I have to zip it then it allow me to upload.plist.rar. I am going to play around the with "ipod" icon first.. see if I can figured something out.

thank you Jato...

blnkcruiser

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got the "ipod" icon fixed. For IOS 4.xx, icon must be named "[email protected]". No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-img_0004.png.

burokobe... how do i fix it? which line of the plist should i edited? if you look closely at the homescreen... on the upper right corner of the calendar.. part of the number is showing..so I am not sure what the problem is.I think the problem is in here:
    <string>position:fixed; margin-top: 11px; color:#AFFCFF; font-size: 17px;width:118px;opacity: 0.7; height:120px; padding: 0px 0 0;text-align:center;margin-left: -0px;text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>margin-left: 0px; color: white; font-size: 8px; opacity: 0.7; margin-Top: 10px; text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    if it doesnt work.. then i'll see if i can copy and paste the plist of another theme. Will copy another theme plist work? it might change the layout of the original theme?

thank you...

blnkcruiser
    Last edited by BlnkCruiser; 01-15-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks

Nice good work! Well I put your plist into my phone unaltered and it works fine. Let me alter and send it back. What color were you wanting the date be?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-16-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jato_BZ..
    What..!!??? UNALTERED and it work..!!?? how..!!?? interesting that it work on your phone unaltered. What do you think is wrong with the plist? If you could alter it for me that would be great. I like it RED so it match others. I also would like to see what you've altered. I will also tried this theme on my own iphone 4 to see if it work unaltered.

Thank you..

Blnkcruiser

Thanks

What I plan to do just chop the plist down or make a new one with the only mod to affect the date. Nothing else at this stage. I was thinking you aren't running any tweaks that hide the calendar at all? No other "info.plists" running in other themes that could be conflicting with this themes "info.plist" here it is running in my phone. Icon docked labels are changing and also the undocked ones plus the date which makes me think a installed Tweak is causing this issue? No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-imageuploadedbymodmyi1358373203.238536.jpg

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlnkCruiser (01-16-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks Jato_BZ..
    The phone is newly jailbreak with no other theme or tweak installed. I've tried other theme on this phone and it was working fine (I have deleted other theme except for this one). So, I dont know where the problem lies. I am going to test this particular theme on my phone tonight. If you look at my homescreen shot.. you notice a blue mark on top of the upper right hand corner of the calendar. I think this is part of the number of the date. Perhaps the layout of icon and the number is conflicting with each other? after looking at the homescreen again.. i think it has to do with the "icon size" and the "text margin"..? maybe they are out of sync....???
    Can you make the number red in color and less opacity?
    Thank you

blnkcruiser
    Last edited by BlnkCruiser; 01-16-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks

But the info plist displays correctly where i have the calendar icon on my home screen Top left. Yip I can create it as you have your red docked icon labels. I thought I seen a bit of the font on your Homescreen but wasn't too sure all the same. I'll send you two info.plists to be run as two separate themes. One for the date only and then the other one with all the rest of the fields you are wanting themed or themes at the moment. This is a bit more of a method establishing where the issue is that way!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jato_BZ...
    I think the problem is the different in layout between IOS 4.3.2 and 5.0.1. Here is a shot of the homescreen of the phone with IOS 4.3.2. Notice the "date" error and the wifi icon and battery icon.No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-img_0005.png
    Here is the same theme on my phone with 5.0.1No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-img_0819.png.

blnkcruiser