+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "date" show on calendar with new theme...

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by BlnkCruiser Jato_BZ... I think the problem is the different in layout between IOS 4.3.2 and 5.0.1. Here is a shot of the homescreen of the phone with
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,111 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlnkCruiser View Post
    Jato_BZ...
    I think the problem is the different in layout between IOS 4.3.2 and 5.0.1. Here is a shot of the homescreen of the phone with IOS 4.3.2. Notice the "date" error and the wifi icon and battery icon.Attachment 619208
    Here is the same theme on my phone with 5.0.1Attachment 619209.

blnkcruiser
    Good observation, that looks like that date is too high and to the right, try altering these fields if you can ill see if i can highlight them here. This is the same info.plist currently in your theme.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>position:fixed; margin-top: 11px; color:#AFFCFF; font-size: 17px;width:118px;opacity: 0.7; height:120px; padding: 0px 0 0;text-align:center;margin-left: -0px;text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>

Mod this part of the code "width:118px" to "width:0px" and do the same for the "height:120px" to "height: 0px"

SAVE and respring

As it is its moving the date up and to the right by about an icon it seems
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did it.. !!!!!!!!!!exactly............. i figure that was to problem. so i was testing the font size.. playing around with the width and height... respring each time and I notice the "date" was moving around as the font size change. Basically, changing this:
    <string>position:fixed; margin-top: 11px; color:#AFFCFF; font-size: 17px;width:118px;opacity: 0.7; height:120px; padding: 0px 0 0;text-align:center;margin-left: -0px;text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0,0,0, 0.0);</string>
    to this:
    <string>position:fixed; margin-top: 11px; color:#AFFCFF; font-size: 19px; width: 67px; height: 44px; text-align: center;</string>
    and this is the result No "date" show on calendar with new theme...-img_0007.png
    THANK YOU so much Jato_BZ for all the help..... i really really appreciated........

blnkcruiser

Thanks
    Thanked 5,111 Times in 1,831 Posts

That's a GREAT result and no need to thank me as it sounds like you worked it out!

To change the Date color to red change the "AFFCFF" hex code to "FF0000" and it will match in with your theme!

Done!
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12