+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide the folder badges on iOS 6 (Empty Folder and No Folder Badges didn't work)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hello all. Well, I'm trying to hide the folder badges, or make the folder it's self look empty. I have tried the "Empty Folder" and "No Folder Badges" tweaks, but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hide the folder badges on iOS 6 (Empty Folder and No Folder Badges didn't work)
    Hello all.
    Well, I'm trying to hide the folder badges, or make the folder it's self look empty. I have tried the "Empty Folder" and "No Folder Badges" tweaks, but neither of them have worked. They don't cause my phone to go into safe mode, but they don't change or hide anything. I currently have them transparent to help things mesh a little bit more, but I'm really looking to have one icon for folders with no badges visible. Current only iPhone 3gs with software 6.0.1. No, I can not downgrade.

Image of the current situation:
    Hide the folder badges on iOS 6 (Empty Folder and No Folder Badges didn't work)-photo.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was able to work around it using iBlanks, so it's visually better. But if anyone figures it out, or at least could provide the code from the tweak (can't find it on the computer for some reason), I'd super appreciate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,865 Posts

Are you just trying to make the folder icon look transparent? The icons inside are your folder are the standard icons either 118x120 (native icons) or 114x114 (app store icons) and if they are transparent they will be scaled down and appear transparent as well. Here is a screenshot of my folder icon hidden Hide the folder badges on iOS 6 (Empty Folder and No Folder Badges didn't work)-imageuploadedbymodmyi1357685666.671133.jpg
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Are you just trying to make the folder icon look transparent? The icons inside are your folder are the standard icons either 118x120 (native icons) or 114x114 (app store icons) and if they are transparent they will be scaled down and appear transparent as well. Here is a screenshot of my folder icon hidden Attachment 618424
    (Hoping the image attached)

Not make the folder icons themselves invisible, but the mini badges of the icons so that all you see is the folder, regardless if what is in it. I have it half full of blanks, which is a bit cumbersome, but gets the job done. But the "no folder badges" apps hasn't been updated for the iOS 6 to my knowledge, nor had "Empty Folders." And those are the only two tweaks that come up in a search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hide the folder badges on iOS 6 (Empty Folder and No Folder Badges didn't work)-image.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,865 Posts

Oh ok, you might need to wait till that tweak is updated then. Or you just create sum transparent App icons and then it wouldn't show anything but like you said is a bit cumbersome
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, sorry to bump, but how to get this in iOS 7? Any file need to be mods?

Thanks!