+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost icons, broken Phone app

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
iPhone 4 32GB, iOS 5.1.1 Hello everyone, I believe I've gotten myself into good trouble the other day. I was fooling around on iFile, stupidly trying to change my iPod
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lost icons, broken Phone app
    iPhone 4 32GB, iOS 5.1.1

Hello everyone, I believe I've gotten myself into good trouble the other day. I was fooling around on iFile, stupidly trying to change my iPod and Phone icons through the var/stash/applications folder and manually replacing the [email protected] Not only did this fail to change the icons whatsoever, it also made my Contacts, iPod and Phone icons disappear from the homescreen! Now, I've tried opening them through a spotlight search, and so far Contacts and iPod work fine. Phone, however, refuses to even show up in a spotlight search. It freezes my phone when I try an emergency call via lock screen and its name in my notification center has changed to "com.apple.mobilephone." Even I can tell that's not a good sign.

I'm terribly sorry that I can't give you anymore information as I myself am quite unsure as to where I went wrong. I took some icons from a theme I had and tried to overwrite some default system icon.png files. I may have touched a sensitive file, but I honestly do not recall moving anything but .png files. Do I have to resort to restoring my device? Would this work if I had someone send me their copies of MobilePhone.app, Contacts~iphone.app, and Music~iphone.app? I really do not have the resources for a backup and restore at the moment. Thank you for all the help!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,036 Posts

Sounds very extreme. Firstly, a hindsight thing, it's ALWAYS good practice to have backups of the files your are modding. I use iFile as well and you can copy/paste your original files and rename it. This is a good option as leaves your original file at least in the correct directory and a duplicate.

In terms of the icon mismanagement as long as the new modded files are named EXACTLY as the original YES they are case sensitive too the files will be use instead of the original. Are u using WinterBoard or no? WinterBoard clears the cache when respring is selected.

I cant help you with the files tho. Sorry
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind next time. A Winterboard respring fixed my iPod and Contacts, but I'm afraid Phone is still busted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone happen to have a backup of MobilePhone.app for iOS 5.1.1? I've found a 5.0.1 version that doesn't appear to be working.

Thanks

I do, I'll pm u a link later if that's ok? Not near a computer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks so much, appreciate it!

Thanks

Pm sent man. See how u go

Thanks

Good to hear this fixed your MobilePhone.app...you will be happy about that! :-)