+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UI Buttons stay white when applied via WinterBoard

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi peeps On iOS 5.1.1 iphone 4S and working on the finishing touches to my theme. But am finding some of the UI buttons are changing but staying white in
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,865 Posts

Default UI Buttons stay white when applied via WinterBoard
    Hi peeps

On iOS 5.1.1 iphone 4S and working on the finishing touches to my theme. But am finding some of the UI buttons are changing but staying white in color. Is this a known WinterBoard issue?

EDIT: I mean the UI Button "images" overlayed over the top of the UI Buttons. Like the "+" symbol or the "up" & "down" symbols...

Have placed the images in MyTheme/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit and also the UIImages approach and enabled SummerBoard mode.

I get the feeling this is a bug.

Any thoughts or replies are welcome.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 12-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

I think it might have to do with your button masks. Just a guess tho without actually seeing it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    I think it might have to do with your button masks. Just a guess tho without actually seeing it
    Hey man I think u are right. So is there a way to alter the color displayed of the UI Button icons or mask as u have identified? White isn't the optimum choice for my theme. Is there a png contained within the Shared artwork that controls the color displayed. Or is it done via code or a plist?

Thank you very much for responding.

Thanks

The mask should be black in the same exact shape as your "themed" button. If you don't already have a copy, you should download a complete stock iOS theme to use for sizing and general direction. I posted a thread here for ios5 stock theme. I have yet to jump to 6 but I'm sure google could help you out

Thanks

I think I may have not explained my problem clearly. It's not the UI Button I'm having the issue with but the UI overlay that goes over top of the button that remains white as it is in the iPhone.

I have attached a couple screen shots. It's the white plus symbol or the up and down arrows/compose etc.

Apparently it's code that keeps those overlays white. UI Buttons stay white when applied via WinterBoard-imageuploadedbymodmyi1354751160.554179.jpgUI Buttons stay white when applied via WinterBoard-imageuploadedbymodmyi1354751172.314462.jpg

Thanks

Ah the glyphs. Those are in shared artwork and yes I'm pretty sure only white. Here's a link to a stock 4s ios5 theme I compiled Stock iPhone 4S theme which contains some of those glyphs for naming purposes

Thanks

Bummer. I'm annoyed as I can change the "glyph" but only to white. Yuh I seen your post after u mentioned it earlier. I have the complete 5.1.1 artwork and also extracted my own 5.0.1 artwork via Python. Are u still looking for the Siri artwork? I extracted that ages ago.

Thanks

That would be awesome bud. I tried to but Python was a lil over my head lol

Thanks

All gd, I will dig it out and PM u a link for the files later tonight fingers crossed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i wish there was a solution to this. looks like we may never find out how. Its not a mask image. I know probably for sure now. each uibutton icon has a black outline which isnt on the image u put in your theme. so i think its some sort of code.

Thanks

Hmm I'm not sure, I have found that my themed UI image will display BUT only in white. I wondered if code restricts the image displayed as white only? I guess the only good think about this is at least everyone is in the same boat so to speak with theming that part of the UI.

How are your themes going dude? Last we spoke you were on iOS 5 and had almost full "Windowed" out your iDevice. Have you been attacking iOS 6 too? Im still on 5.1.1 AND working on my theme... :-o

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tried. i upgraded to 6.0 but it made my themes looks so ugly..it was so hard to find the proper images that i want. everything is so different. especially the music player. i went back to 5.0.1 and staying there.. ill use ipod touch 5g and theme it if there is an untethered jailbreak soon. it will be a windows 8 looking theme. and now i have a total of 30 different WMP themes for the music app on 5.0.1 lol..even app store apps as well lol. they look awesome.