Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G icon directory help

Default 3G icon directory help
    Well I wanted to change the 3G icon at the status bar to a 4G icon without winterboard because I have iOS 6 and the themes won't work...
    So does anyone here knows where do I go on iFunbox to get there and change the icon?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

With not being on iOS 6 I can only speculate, I'm on 5.1.1 JB and the icon u are talking about is apart of the [email protected]k compressed file containing over 1100 images for the UI within the iPhone. Only way you can do what you are after without using WB is to extract that artwork file and then repack it with your modded images and put it back into your iPhone. Firstly this isn't an easy process as it requires Python running from CMD (windows) and the PIL imaging library. Also the files won't repack to the artwork file if not the same dimensions and size.

There is an Extractor tutorial on here that's been around since 5.0.1 by Crackzzz
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    With not being on iOS 6 I can only speculate, I'm on 5.1.1 JB and the icon u are talking about is apart of the [email protected]k compressed file containing over 1100 images for the UI within the iPhone. Only way you can do what you are after without using WB is to extract that artwork file and then repack it with your modded images and put it back into your iPhone. Firstly this isn't an easy process as it requires Python running from CMD (windows) and the PIL imaging library. Also the files won't repack to the artwork file if not the same dimensions and size.

There is an Extractor tutorial on here that's been around since 5.0.1 by Crackzzz
    Oh.. I thought I can just replace an icon like on regular icons...
    I don't really know much about that is there any way you could do that for me? here are the images I want to replace - LTE images
    I have an iPhone 4
    Name:  WhiteOnBlackEtch_DataTypeLTE_2only_@2x.png
Views: 236
Size:  2.0 KBName:  ColorOnGrayShadow_DataTypeLTE_2only_@2x.png
Views: 237
Size:  2.5 KBName:  WhiteOnBlackShadow_DataTypeLTE_2only_@2x.png
Views: 231
Size:  2.1 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Not with the UI kit that's incorporated in that [email protected] file. It works differently. I'm sorry I don't have Python set up since I extracted 5.0.1 and I don't have the [email protected] file either for iPhone 4 iOS 6
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 10-10-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor