+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I will need you help

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey guys, I'm coming from a different site but it turned out they aren't really the right people to ask. I will just post the copy'n'paste thread I made there
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question I will need your help
    Hey guys, I'm coming from a different site but it turned out they aren't really the right people to ask. I will just post the copy'n'paste thread I made there here again, hoping it will be solved now

---quote---

I'm working on the theme Cycon, will be awailable in Beta or Alpha in 1, maybe 2 weeks.
    The UI is now almost completley redesigned, I focused on using the kind of style Apple has used in newer updates and apps, good example ist the new Podcast App. That said, I faced a problem which I just seem to not be able to solve, no matter what I do.

Because the AppIconMask.png and relatet png's didn't work in the first place I put those in a different theme so I could figure out the problem. Lets say we have:

AppIconMask.theme
    > Bundles
    ..> com.apple.mobileicons.framework
    ....> AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png
    ......[email protected]
    ......AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png
    ......[email protected]
    ......AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png
    ......[email protected]
    ......DefaultAppIcon@2x~iphone.png
    ......[email protected]

I will need you help-bild-1.png

This should be all needed for the icons on the Springboard itself (lets not think about GameAppIcons and stuff)

Now, when applying those via winterboard, this happens:

I will need you help-img_0951.pngI will need you help-img_0950.pngI will need you help-img_0952.png

Nothing seems to have been applied, as there is no IconMask at all and for example the shadow is the stock apple one, not the one used in the theme. Can anyone help me out of this? This is basicly the biggest hurdle I'm facing with the theme, everything else works just like charm. Thanks for any help!

Here is the .theme: download Cycon AppIconMask.theme
    I'm running on iOS 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4S 64GB
    I will post some screenshots of the current Beta.theme, so you can see it ,and more importantly, comment on it

Greetz, fru1tfly

I will need you help-flysmall.png

Edit: I could resolve the problem with the IconMask, the pngs weren't convertet to 24bit properly. I still have the problem that SwitchericonShadow and WallpaperDockIconShadow aren't removed... Any ideas?
    Last edited by fru1tfly; 08-23-2012 at 04:06 AM.