+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard customizations

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm looking for apps to help customize my springboard. I was fine with it up until recently, it
    Thanks

Hey, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm looking for apps to help customize my springboard. I was fine with it up until recently, it started going a little haywire and springtomize 2 and customgrid don't seem to be working well together. It seems custom grid either won't work at all or I set it to a certain amount of rows and it cuts off the apps (I have scrolling enabled in my folders). I have tried using iconoclasm but it doesn't work well for me either, half of the time I download a new layout the icons won't go where they are supposed to an overlap each other. I think I had 9 rows and six columns before my springboard messed up. I was changing some options in springtomize and resprang and it just wasn't the way it was. I size down the icons, that's why the 9x6 works for me; and I like to move the icons around so my home screen photo is visible. Are there any apps you guys reccomend I get from cydia or are the ones I've mentioned the only worthy ones? Or any advice as to how to make custom grid and springtomize work together?

Here's a picture of what I mean by I like to have my background visible. I just want to be able to have that 9x6 or so that I had before with customgrid and springtomize so I can move them around more freely/closer or farther apart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Springboard customizations-imageuploadedbymodmyi1345168007.166957.jpg  
    Last edited by liketides; 08-16-2012 at 07:47 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Thread moved

I'm not too familiar with theming so hopefully moving this thread to a more appropriate will yield more results for you

Thanks

Personally, I think springtomize 2 has everything you need. With springtomize you can set the number of icons per row and get 5 rows per page. Also, get gridlock so you can change the layout of icons.

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd recommend going back with iconoclasm, and then creating your own layout. It's really easy to do, just browse to /Library/Iconoclasm/Layouts and open one of the layouts with a text viewer. Bear in mind that all numbers are halved (incresing a number by 1 will move an icon 2px, etc.) and you should be able to figure it out and create soemthing exactly how yyou want it pretty easily