+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: randomly change homescreen wallpaper

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I recently downloaded the random apple wallpaper theme from cydia. It randomly cycles thru 31 wallpapers with no problem when you unlock. I am trying to get it to work
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default randomly change homescreen wallpaper
    I recently downloaded the random apple wallpaper theme from cydia. It randomly cycles thru 31 wallpapers with no problem when you unlock. I am trying to get it to work with the home screen as well. Currently it will only change when I respring.

Any ideas?

Here is the code that I am using:

Code:
    <script src="configuration.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        document.write('<style type="text/css">body{background: black url('+LOCK_WALLPATH+(((new Date()).getTime()%LOCK_WPNUM)+1)+'.'+LOCK_IMGTYPE+');}</style>');</script>
    If someone can point me in the correct direction so that I can get it to change on a certain time interval, that would be helpful

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt you can... lockbackground.html always updates whenever you lock/unlock your device where as springboard changes need a respring. I have no idea why this happens, it just does!
    If you buy the theme 'notebook' this has a lockscreen widget that uses a slideshow to cycle through a set amount of images, rather than changing the the image outright. I'd imagine this could be edited to work on the springboard? And if not, you'll at least get a nice theme out of it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh ok, makes sense. thanks for your input