Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Complete guide?

Default Complete guide?
    I am kinda new to the theme thing. I do not wish to create a theme, what I am wanting to know is what are all the apps I would need for a complete theme to work correctly. I have the theme "Orange" and I can't seem to make everything look correctly. I have searched for a guide on applying themes and what apps are needed, but I didn't seem to come up with anything. Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

I think it could be hard finding a complete guide especially to the latest iOS. I like most of us just went in head first and went by trial and error. There's no easy way about it. Google has topics and pages but I think it's just coming to terms with how the iOS works. Also keeping an eye on forums as these can help and just because you didn't ask the question doesn't mean it might not benefit you. Just keep at it and keep reading, searching and trialling with ur iDevice. You'll get there it just takes time and patience.

Good luck
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thank you for your response and for not doing something wilds like chewing my head off for asking. I have been kind of fiddling with different themes (like the mariobros theme, which is really nifty). Still having issues getting everything to set correctly. I will continue to dig into the forums and google to help me. Thanks again

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

One reason why could be that the theme you are trying to use may not be ported to the firmware you are on.
    Also, a lot of themes come with a base theme, and then several add on themes pack.
    WinterBoard works in a hierarchy, theme on top takes priority over theme below. Make sure you have them set up properly or post a screen shot.