Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Prestige HD help

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Default Prestige HD help
    So, I am obviously very new to theming and jailbreaking in general, as well as to this forum. Therefore, please be patient with me.

    I purchased the Prestige HD theme from Cydia and enabled all 10 of its elements in WinterBoard (assuming I needed them all in order for it to run properly). Because of other Jailbreak apps and tweaks that I've installed, I think it might be conflicting. I've attached screenshots of my lock screen and my home Springboard page as examples of what I'm running into. The third screenshot is of a folder when opened.

    As can be seen in the first photo, the Prestige HD theme has a way of integrating a clock and weather widget on the lock screen background. Pretty cool stuff, except there are two problems with this: A) The default iPhone clock is also displayed (changed to a cyan color thanks to Springtomize), and B) the weather location and units are both wrong—I need it to be local to Lexington, KY, USA and in Fahrenheit units. How can I get rid of either the default iPhone lock screen clock or the Prestige clock, and how can I change the weather data?

    In the second photo, you can see that there is also a clock and weather info hidden in the background behind some icons. Again, pretty neat, but how can I get rid of it. Or, barring that, how can I at least change the weather info to my local units and location? (I could just remove that last row of icons if need be; if there's no way to remove that info behind them.)

    Third, and I think this one is just a limitation of WinterBoard: In the third picture, you see a folder opened. Notice that, when a folder is opened, that dynamic wallpaper that has the date/time/weather info disappears and my previous wallpaper appears instead. Not a big deal, but if there's some way to keep that from happening, too, that would just be icing on the cake.

    Finally, the font. I thought that installing Prestige HD would automatically change all of the fonts to the one used in all the Prestige screenshots I've seen, but it still has the default Apple font instead. How do I change the font so it looks like those screenshots?

    Yeah, so my first post turns out to be a whopper; sorry about that. Yes, I'm a noob, and I'm sorry for that, but I'd love any help that anyone can offer. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1342802040.765705.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1342802056.387677.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1342802067.016650.jpg  

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmB View Post
    So, I am obviously very new to theming and jailbreaking in general, as well as to this forum. Therefore, please be patient with me.

    I purchased the Prestige HD theme from Cydia and enabled all 10 of its elements in WinterBoard (assuming I needed them all in order for it to run properly). Because of other Jailbreak apps and tweaks that I've installed, I think it might be conflicting. I've attached screenshots of my lock screen and my home Springboard page as examples of what I'm running into. The third screenshot is of a folder when opened.

    As can be seen in the first photo, the Prestige HD theme has a way of integrating a clock and weather widget on the lock screen background. Pretty cool stuff, except there are two problems with this: A) The default iPhone clock is also displayed (changed to a cyan color thanks to Springtomize), and B) the weather location and units are both wrong—I need it to be local to Lexington, KY, USA and in Fahrenheit units. How can I get rid of either the default iPhone lock screen clock or the Prestige clock, and how can I change the weather data?

    In the second photo, you can see that there is also a clock and weather info hidden in the background behind some icons. Again, pretty neat, but how can I get rid of it. Or, barring that, how can I at least change the weather info to my local units and location? (I could just remove that last row of icons if need be; if there's no way to remove that info behind them.)

    Third, and I think this one is just a limitation of WinterBoard: In the third picture, you see a folder opened. Notice that, when a folder is opened, that dynamic wallpaper that has the date/time/weather info disappears and my previous wallpaper appears instead. Not a big deal, but if there's some way to keep that from happening, too, that would just be icing on the cake.

    Finally, the font. I thought that installing Prestige HD would automatically change all of the fonts to the one used in all the Prestige screenshots I've seen, but it still has the default Apple font instead. How do I change the font so it looks like those screenshots?

    Yeah, so my first post turns out to be a whopper; sorry about that. Yes, I'm a noob, and I'm sorry for that, but I'd love any help that anyone can offer. Thanks!


    Download LockScreen Clock Hide to get rid of he stock clock. Download Ifile go to /var/sash/theme find your theme. it should be a user config.js file usually asks for a country code find it here Weather Location Codes/IDs

    for the folders download folder enhancer.. i think that answers most of your questions

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaUub For This Useful Post:

    SturmB (07-20-2012)

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Thank you, DaUub! That answers all but one of my questions.

    I was able to hide the stock clock, fix the folder/wallpaper issue, and remove the widgets from my home screens! By using iFile, I was able to discover the real purpose behind each of those "widget" themes that install with Prestige HD, so I could turn most of them off. I'm still working on fixing the weather info on the lock screen, but I'm confident I'll get that taken care of soon.

    Now, the only question that remains is getting the "Prestige HD" font in there. I have Bytafont installed, but I am not familiar with it. Should that be the way to use their font? And if so, where do I find it? (i.e., what is its name?)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmB View Post
    Thank you, DaUub! That answers all but one of my questions.

    I was able to hide the stock clock, fix the folder/wallpaper issue, and remove the widgets from my home screens! By using iFile, I was able to discover the real purpose behind each of those "widget" themes that install with Prestige HD, so I could turn most of them off. I'm still working on fixing the weather info on the lock screen, but I'm confident I'll get that taken care of soon.

    Now, the only question that remains is getting the "Prestige HD" font in there. I have Bytafont installed, but I am not familiar with it. Should that be the way to use their font? And if so, where do I find it? (i.e., what is its name?)

    If you know how to SSH install fonts through there its like iFile for the computer. The Directory is
    /System/Library/Fonts/Cache

    backup the default font files (Helvetica.ttc – MarkerFeltThin.ttf – LockClock.ttf – PhonepadTwo.ttf – HelveticaNeue.ttc – PhoneKeyCaps.ttf)

    or check this video out for the Byafont How to Change Font on iPhone - iPod Touch - iPad on iOS 4.3.3 - FOR FREE - YouTube

    Caviar Dreams is the name of the font for Prestige HD

    As for the weather go to the /var/stash/theme/Prestige.SB for example open User Options than it should look like this. Just Change the country code


    [EDIT]

    The youtube instruction on the font works flawlessly just download that font from Cydia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1546.png   -img_1549.png  
    Last edited by DaUub; 07-20-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Update

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks again, DaUub!

    Turns out that Prestige HD did come with two fonts and both are installed into Bytafont—I just didn't know that, nor how to access them at first. I am aware now, however, neither of the fonts that Prestige HD came with was the Caviar Dreams font you mentioned. (Strange that the developer of the theme uses that font in all of his screenshots, but doesn't include it in the theme. Oh, well.)

    So, thank you very much, again, DaUub! I feel much more comfortable about jailbreaking and customizing now!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmB View Post
    Thanks again, DaUub!

    Turns out that Prestige HD did come with two fonts and both are installed into Bytafont—I just didn't know that, nor how to access them at first. I am aware now, however, neither of the fonts that Prestige HD came with was the Caviar Dreams font you mentioned. (Strange that the developer of the theme uses that font in all of his screenshots, but doesn't include it in the theme. Oh, well.)

    So, thank you very much, again, DaUub! I feel much more comfortable about jailbreaking and customizing now!
    No problem I was having problems earlier and I couldn't get anyone to help me lol I feel the pain. It's worse when you mess up. I messed up wouldn't want anyone to experience that I was pissed lmao. Again No problem though I would want the same help from someone. hope you enjoy it's an awesome theme!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •