+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help a discouraged beginner <3

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi there- I posted a couple days ago about having difficulty installing a certain theme (Visio HD) Well after purchasing three additional apps and installing a couple others, as well
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there-

I posted a couple days ago about having difficulty installing a certain theme (Visio HD) Well after purchasing three additional apps and installing a couple others, as well as learning how to operate all of them... I'm just giving up. It did kind of work, but then I couldn't figure out the icons. I really have been reading everything I can, but this is so new to me that I don't really know where to start.

That said, I like my phone jailbroken because I'd love to customize the way it looks, and the way it works! One of my favorite hobbies is photography, and what I'd LOVE is a theme that showcases my own photos (usually of my children/family) and has nice looking, fairly simple icons that don't distract from the photo. That's why I chose the Visio HD, but I'm moving on from that one.

I now have Gridlock, FolderEnhancer, Iconoclasm, and iBlank, and a couple others that I can't remember. I also installed CyberDuck as suggested, though I am still having trouble with the icons. (I tried a totally different theme and couldn't get any of the icons to work... at all.)

I saw one on here that I do really like, but I'm not confident it will turn out the way it's displayed after reading through several pages of comments. I messaged the designer of the theme to see if they'd be willing to help me/redirect me if I have any questions to set it up and make it work but haven't yet heard back. I'm trying! Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Oh! And I am willing to learn- read and watch tutorials, etc. I guess I just don't know where to find them! The ones I have read have either assumed I know lots of things that I don't, or they are too brief and don't cover my questions. lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm happy to hel out with stuff, feel free to PM or email me if you've got anything specific you want to know Also, you probably don't need Gridlock, iconoclasm and iBlanks, iBlanks is a rubbishy version of the previous two and gridlock and iconoclasm are very similar

3. The Following User Says Thank You to butler007 For This Useful Post:

PacSunMama (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,853 Posts

What theme are you trying to use now? If new to the themeing scene, may want to start with an easier setup till you get used to themeing.
    There are a ton of themes here on our site that are very active and have lots of support, if you tried one of those I feel sure you would get any help you needed by posting in that theme thread.
    Don't give up, these days most themes are quite advanced and have many add-ons and options. It's a blast themeing for sure, but does take some time to learn.
    Best of luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

PacSunMama (07-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to both of you! Right now I'm back to the default screen without a theme. I thought the other two were supposed to be "easy" because they were "complete" themes. I guess not complete enough, though!

I will come back to this thread tomorrow after I look around a little bit to see if there are any other themes that look like what I like. I don't prefer the furturistic or the ultra modern ones. Simple, maybe a little elegant, and a user-friendly interface are good for me. Oh also, I don't tend to use all of my apps, all the time. Mail, messages, Facebook, a game or two, and safari make up the bulk of what I use on a regular basic. Thanks again!

Oh! And i'm not giving up on finding a theme I like, or having a jb phone. Just giving up on that particular theme!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,853 Posts

Try ZUI 2012 perhaps, very clean and tons of options too. Great support too. Also free...