+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scrolling to grid instead of pages

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hello Everyone. Im trying to change the interface of the iPhone, With this i am trying to change the page scroll to the grid so it will scroll to the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Scrolling to grid instead of pages
    Hello Everyone.

Im trying to change the interface of the iPhone, With this i am trying to change the page scroll to the grid so it will scroll to the the line of the apps

like:
    (1 line to 4 line)................(after scroll)
    [A] [B] [C] [D]<---------->[B] [C] [D] [E]
    [Dashboard]......................[Dashboard]

i will also wan it to go on a landscape.

like;

(normal).........................(landscape)
    [A] [B] [C] [D]<---------->[A] [A] [A] [A]
    [A] [B] [C] [D]<---------->[B] [B] [B] [B]
    [A] [B] [C] [D]<---------->[C] [C] [C] [C]
    [A] [B] [C] [D]<---------->[D] [D] [D] [D]
    [A] [B] [C] [D]<---------->[E] [E] [E] [E]

These are little tweaks i want to make to the SpringBoard. I am also going to change the Ui to a custom look. After i build this i am going to rebuild this whole Springboard. But am going to relese this to make a custom scroll. With landscape enabled. I am new too the Jailbroken iFile app and need to find where i can change make the change to make this tweak work.

Thanks.
    Essentails

Note; I know this is my second post but noone ******* reply here they just look at it, Please if there is a forum where my question will get answered by people who know what there talking about please give me a link

Essentails

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

the reason nobody has replied is because these are very difficult things to do, a lot more people come on here to find help not to give it unfortunately! The first one is probably possible, although I wouldn't know how to, but the second would be very difficult, and almost impossible to make as a mainstream tweak because you wouldn't be able to account for different layouts, especially those that use widgets.
    Also, the second one changes the order completely! Apps are ordered counting from the top left and then going right. This means that you would go from

1. 2. 3------> 1.4.7.10
    4. 5. 6------> 2.5.8.11
    7. 8. 9------>3.6.9.12
    10. 11. 12--->E.E.E.E
    13. 14. 15--->

Note that a) you have a different number of icons on the page after rotation, which would make all following pages even more complicated, and b) you will have 13, 14 and 15 left over, again causing problems with other pages.
    I'll admit to not knowing much about coding and tweaks, but this seems like it would be near impossible to do and possibly not worth the time (SB rotator already exists on cydia though if you can settle for just rotating. )

Also, there is a different forum page for requests, where people who know more about this stuff are more likely to be found

3. The Following User Says Thank You to butler007 For This Useful Post:

Essentails (07-08-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Butler007,

Okay could you like me to the page where i could talk to people who can help me make this tweak.