+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Icon Problems

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Okay, so this is only my second day.... I know its almost illegal for a rookie to ask for help. The icons Ive created are circular and yet some have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default App Icon Problems
    Okay, so this is only my second day.... I know its almost illegal for a rookie to ask for help. The icons Ive created are circular and yet some have a black box around them no matter where theyre placed, and other ones while in the dock there is like a shadow of the same box behind it but when placed on the springboard its goes away. Any help on how to get rid of both of these? Theyre all saved as .png and were created from the same "template" I made. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You could try checking /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and looking for "WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png" and "WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png".

I can't really help all that much. If you could provide a picture then I could get a better understanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

You need to remove the shadow and icon mask from the icons. I have a small tutorial for my Neurotech theme that requires this.

Scroll down a little ways, until you see Transparent Icons (you can't miss it!).

You'll specifically want to rename 3 files (NOT delete them).

Here: Neurotech [HD] Setup

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

TheKinger2010 (07-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is that something I do for my phone specifically, or is there a way to set it in my theme so if someone else used it they wouldnt have to go through the same steps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured it out from help of your tutorial, thank you very much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In my dock, how do I get rid of the "shadow" looking background behind the apps. When I put them on my springboard they don't have it. And also...how do I change the folders? I tried placing my icon in the com.apple.springboard but nothing happened
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App Icon Problems-imageuploadedbymodmyi1341272186.641543.jpg