+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Search page background image name

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
If possible, I plan to have a different background image behind the search page (left of home page), but I have no idea what that image would need to be
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Search page background image name
    If possible, I plan to have a different background image behind the search page (left of home page), but I have no idea what that image would need to be named or where to put it in the theme folder. I have not run across another theme that has done this yet to look and see how they did it, nor is google returning any helpful results.

Any and all help figuring this out is greatly appreciated,
    -Cat

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

I'm not a themer really, but I'm not sure it can be done or seen it be done. Only guessing here, but I use and try so many themes and I am familiar with the file system as well as creating my own ui with photoshop and I have not found or seen a theme that skins the search page other then showing your Wallpaper background that you use for your home screen.
    Not 100% sure by any means, hope someone will chime in with more info for you.

Just didn't want to leave you hanging and not get an answer as I saw this post had almost 30 views and no responses as yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since you helped me in my other post I really felt something click in the back of my mind about how this themeing business works. I tried it once before yesterday and thought it wasn't for me, but today I'm neck deep in the stuff and loving every second of it! I'm only on like, maybe my 5th day of my jailbreaking career and it's been pretty nuts so far. I'm learning so much so fast and every little thing is a new adventure. Expect my questions to get more difficult to answer as I delve deeper into things trying to tweak every last bit of my phone

Like you said though, this might be something nobody has ever done, or just something that has not been done a lot. The info, if it's out there, is difficult to find. I already have a couple hundred themes that I've ripped open and started toying with but no luck yet. Still hoping somebody else may chime in as well. Thanks anyways though for trying to keep me hopeful

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Love your enthusiasm! I'm reasonably new to jailbreaking and theming too but came in with your attitude and have nearly completed my first full theme

I regards to your question, I know you can use files called Page0.png, Page1.png, Page2.png, etc. In your app folder to create a panoramic wallpaper, so playing with that may produce something... Maybe try page-1.png (very optimistic though!) I think with this method Page 0 is the first page... but you may be able to figure something out!

Good luck, let us know if you get any result

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Almost 300 views now, and still no answer.
    If you find a way, it's obvious that a lot of people would love to find out also.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry I haven't replied to this in a few days now, been busy with the holidays haha. I had a thought in mind and just now got to try it, and with huge success! Set the image you want for that as your wallpaper image, then use page0 through whatever to skin the other pages you have. This does the job just fine. The only issue I can see with this is if you plan on releasing the theme for others to use, it will only be tailored to the number of pages you setup (in my case 3) which likely wont work out for everyone. I would include a readme.txt file in the theme folder explaining to the downloader how to adapt it for more pages, and include the same info on the download page under the info section.

I hope everyone else that was looking for this answer reads this! Happy themeing everyone

P.S. With this in mind I think I will work out an original xbox 360 dash theme and make it my first official downloadable theme! If this post is still open then I will update you all when it is finished and hits the cydia marketplace, if not expect a new thread in the appropriate forum section

:Edit to avoid confusion:
    Page0 is your home page, anything after that would be your next pages. Wallpaper skins them all with the same background image (including the search screen), but the Page# images override the wallpaper on those pages that have a designated image.
    Last edited by CatNCobra; 07-02-2012 at 11:43 AM.