+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Weird gray icon shaped shadow behind modified some third party apps icons

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey peeps, I'm customizing my iPad by changing the spring board with new icons etc. ( http://modmyi.com/forums/general-ipa...ml#post6510476 ) So as you can see it's working quite well, I easily changed
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iAdamir's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [HELP] Weird gray icon shaped shadow behind modified some third party apps icons
    Hey peeps, I'm customizing my iPad by changing the spring board with new icons etc.
    (My awesome jailbroken iPad.)

So as you can see it's working quite well, I easily changed many third party apps icons, but only two of them are bugged and I can't find why and how to resolve It.

The two bugged apps are Engadget and NanoStudio. As you can see on the second screenshot, there is a weird white background, which is already behind many original third party apps, but who goes away when I modify those icons (screenshot 3) , and a weird gray/blue transparent icon shaped shadow. The icon I wanted to add is in the 4rst screenshot, and it's a normal png icon.

And only behind those two apps. I looked for files to remove etc, in both of them, in springboard.app, but nothing. Perhaps it's a line of code I have to change but I can't find which and how.

The best is that you guys download engadget app (free) and try to resolve it, it would be great.

Thanks forward for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HELP] Weird gray icon shaped shadow behind modified some third party apps icons-imageuploadedbymodmyi1338980930.429697.jpg   [HELP] Weird gray icon shaped shadow behind modified some third party apps icons-imageuploadedbymodmyi1338980940.092742.jpg   [HELP] Weird gray icon shaped shadow behind modified some third party apps icons-imageuploadedbymodmyi1338980962.477038.jpg   [HELP] Weird gray icon shaped shadow behind modified some third party apps icons-imageuploadedbymodmyi1338981490.879079.jpg  
    [CENTER]

Thanks
    Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,038 Posts

Im pretty sure this is the AppIconOverlay@2x~ipad.png which adds a gloss look to AppStore icons, ideally the best thing would be to rename it e.g AppIconOverlay@2x~ipad.png not delete it in case you need it down the track. Back it up if you really need to delete it.
    This is the same deal with the AppIconMask I helped you with.

Located in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework

Apparently the gloss overlay is a little bit buggy as in it will be shown on some AppStore Icons but not others.

Let me know how you go!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iAdamir's Avatar
    Thanks

You're awesome, thanks very much !!
    [CENTER]