+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making an Iphone 3GS theme Help!!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I love Carhartt. As you may know there isnt a Carhartt Theme and i have a great plan for an iPhone Carhartt theme. My only prob is i have absoultly
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Making an Iphone 3GS theme Help!!!
    I love Carhartt. As you may know there isnt a Carhartt Theme and i have a great plan for an iPhone Carhartt theme. My only prob is i have absoultly no idea how to make it into a theme. I have make the icon for how it looks and the wallpaper. But its only the icon and how it looks. I read here How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme.... that i have to make a mask and stuff for auto skinning. So is that how i do it or no? My second question is how to i make a status bar and a lock screen theme? is that to advanced for a beginner? Also i learn computer stuff EXTREMELY fast!!!

-Icon Final Product Name:  Cydia.png
Views: 328
Size:  9.4 KB

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

That doesn't seem too complicated for a beginner, most of the theming stuff is pretty easy to pick up
    The instructions on that link would be the best way to create your icons, (I think, but I'm not certain about auto-theming).
    To make a status bar you need to create a 640x20 image and save is and Black_Base.png , Silver_Base.png and Translucent_Base.png inside a UIImages folder inside you theme folder

To theme the lockscreen you need an 960 x 640 image called LockBackground.png inside you theme folder

And to change the ulock slider you need to edit the files you can see in my image (couldn't be bothered to copy all the names)
    I'm not entirely sure which image does what other than anything with bottombarknob in being the slider image, but you can play around and suit it to what you want
    Making an Iphone 3GS theme Help!!!-untitledscreen.png

Good luck!