+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change the Music icon?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I have the icon I want from a theme. The theme only works for some icons. The theme description says it has a music icon. But it won't work cause
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to change the Music icon?
    I have the icon I want from a theme. The theme only works for some icons.

The theme description says it has a music icon. But it won't work cause it's for iPhones. I'm on a iPod 4G 5.1.1. So how would I manually change the music icon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It didn't work. I couldn't find "THEME".

Just two different "themes" folders neither containing the folder "bundles".

I installed this theme just a bit ago and the Camera app will not change. I even checked in the theme bundle "com.apple.camera". It does it to every theme. Is it something that 5.1.1 did?
    Last edited by CosmicPoptart; 06-03-2012 at 03:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, I missed out a folder and should've made it clearer. You go into var/stash/Themes/YOURTHEME/Bundles/com.apple.mobileipod

YOURTHEME should be replaced with the name of the theme that you are trying to change.
    I don't think it's naythig to do with 5.1.1 because I have had any problems since the update, for the camera icon try var/stash/Themes/YOURTHEME/Bundles/com.apple.camera and make sure the icon is called Camera@2x~iphone.png and is 118 x 118 in size.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, but why is there two different theme folders? When I look in them, they all have the same stuff. But the first (or top) one has more files. Which one should I browse and modify while doing these tasks?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to change the Music icon?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1338756965.314428.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm honestly not sure, I have two on my iPod too but one of them only has one theme in it so I've never really thought much of it. I would suggest that you should rename one of the folders to something completely different and then respring. Then check winterboard to see if you're missing any themes. Repeat this for the other folder (once you've restored the first folder back to its original name). Once you've done this, you'll know which you need to edit. If you discover they are both used then move all the files from one into the other and delete the empty one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I posted a guide on how to fix the icon problems brought with iOS 5.0 and 5.1.1
    Unfortunately though, we have to wait for the mods to accept it first