+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS Bubble, Problems with SMS Background

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Alright, Sorry for the confusing title. I had no clue how to word this. So anyways, I changed the colors of the SMS bubbles and found a carbon fiber background,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MMS Bubble, Problems with SMS Background
    Alright, Sorry for the confusing title. I had no clue how to word this. So anyways, I changed the colors of the SMS bubbles and found a carbon fiber background, re-sized it to fit portrait and landscape. But when I send a MMS message the original white background still shows. I went through the Chatkit files, and the bubble for images has a transparent BG.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this, if there is a fix?

Example of my problem in attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MMS Bubble, Problems with SMS Background-img_0224.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 5,638 Times in 1,953 Posts

I have read this before. Apparently it is an issue with WinterBoard unfortunately ...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Aweee Well hopefully it gets fixed

Thanks

I'm not sure, it has been like that for ages. Apparently MMS is buggy? Or how it all works. I'm no expert but just what I have read. Yuh it is a shame. I guess tho at the same time we are lucky we can run a background at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh, I didn't have the problem until IOS 5.1 :/ But thanks anyways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dhfhy View Post
    Alright, Sorry for the confusing title. I had no clue how to word this. So anyways, I changed the colors of the SMS bubbles and found a carbon fiber background, re-sized it to fit portrait and landscape. But when I send a MMS message the original white background still shows. I went through the Chatkit files, and the bubble for images has a transparent BG.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this, if there is a fix?

Example of my problem in attachments.
    sorry I don't know of a fix but was hoping maybe you could help me? I have iPhone 4 w/ iOS 5.1.1 jb and applied a custom [email protected] with winterboard... the problem is my chat bubbles are now "squished"... they just look like a line thru the text. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any advice!

Thanks

SMSBackground.png no "@2x" in the file name. Try this and respring, mine is showing fine and I'm on 5.1.1 iPhone 4S

Thanks

Thank you Jato, I ended up deleting the [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] from the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework directory and then re-added new ones and that seemed to fix the issue. I keep the [email protected] in /var/stash/Themes.xxx/SMS Wallpaper directory without any problem. The background image is 960 x 960 for nice fit both portrait and landscape with no white space. Not sure if the original problem was a permissions issue on the balloon files or what... strange that the balloons worked fine with the stock background (both before and after applying the custom background).

Something else I learned is while the [email protected] is for all incoming texts... the [email protected] balloon is for sending to iMessage recipients and the [email protected] is for sending to all other SMS recipients (I just use same image for both files). This may be coming knowledge for some of you but it was new to me so figured I'd share if anybody else out there is interested. This issue kicked my @$$ for the better part of today... however it was worth the challenge as I find the end result to be rewarding.

Here's the end result...

MMS Bubble, Problems with SMS Background-imessage.jpg

Andy sorry Dhfhy for not having anything to add to your original question... I will see if I can find something on that and report back if I have good news.