+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: changing icon in NowListening tweak

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Does anyone know where the files for the Now Listening tweak are? I want to attempt to modify the music icon for the banner.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default changing icon in NowListening tweak
    Does anyone know where the files for the Now Listening tweak are? I want to attempt to modify the music icon for the banner.

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

If you go into cydia -> Manage -> Packages -> NowListening -> FileSystem Content Then you will be shown a list of all the files installed with the tweak, and their location, so have a look on here, figure out which image it is that you want to change, and then just swap them over

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have looked there and there is nothing indicating any icons...any other ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,213 Times in 1,858 Posts

I looked at this, the tweak itself doesn't have any icons it looks like it is calling on all original iPhone content. I think the tweak is calling on the "[email protected]" contained within the music app. I haven't had a chance to test this but try creating if you haven't already a Bundle named "com.apple.mobileipod" This goes in ur Bundle folder under your theme if you are running Winterboard

E.g

YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobileipod and place the modded icon in there.

It's 58x58px. Just my thoughts. See how you go

Actually I don't think my first reply is correct either. Its using a 40x40 music icon so the above might not work.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 05-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Thanks

UPDATE: It is calling on Apple's native 58x58 image as described above. Theme and bundle the image as I have mentioned and this should then display your themed image when your device is resprung assuming ur using WinterBoard.

Worked for me.

Name it "[email protected]" and put it on the bundle as also described.

Let me know if it works. Make sure your main music icon "[email protected]" is also themed in this bundle as it appears it can call on the 118x120 image too.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Green Apple
    Thanks

I managed to change it, but now it has the white border around the icon blah

Also, it does not seem to invoke once I respring...is there a cache the needs to be deleted somewhere?

Thanks

Can you put a screenshot up? There is this file "[email protected]" in the "MobileIcons" framework which may be used in the Banner displayed. Just guessing here. it's 40x40 so I'm pretty sure it is.

I didn't have to clear any caches and it would display different icons in the Now Listening banner.

If you have used a different shaped icon for it to display in the Banner the mask file might not be correctly shaped for your themed icon hence the white border???

Just my thoughts tho

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will post a screenshot when i get in the house.

Thanks

Hey I got this reply back from the dev of the NowListening tweak doesn't really help much and basically sums up what I had managed to decipher anyway.

Hi,

I'm sorry, I don't even know which icon is called ... I give to the banner the bundle ID of the app and then the iOS manage the icon by itself.
    So maybe it's a native icon with the right dimensions, maybe iOS resize the icon ...

Replace all icons to see

McNight

Green Apple
    Thanks

here is my screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails changing icon in NowListening tweak-img_0116.png  

Thanks

That looks good! so its all themed now for you? no more issues?

Green Apple
    Thanks

yup all good.