Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Camera, Photos, FaceTime (5.1.1)

Default Theme Camera, Photos, FaceTime (5.1.1)
    For some reason I'm having a hard time getting the icon for the camera, photos and FaceTime to change. What's the location that these icons should be located in and what should they be named. (Be sure to get the capitalization correct)

Also, is there a rule of thumb for most the icons? Like they are all lowercase i or capital I? Because as far as I can tell it's completely random and confusing :/

I can't seem to find any logic in the capitalizations either, I tend to save mine as both just to save time.

The camera icon should be in com.apple.camera and the icon is called Camera@2x~iphone.png
    Facetime is in com.apple.mobilephone and the icon is called either Icon-FaceTime@2x~iphone.png or [email protected]
    Photos is in com.apple.mobileslideshow and the icon is called Photos@2x~iphone.png

Hope these all work for you!

Default Thank you.
    God bless you. I've been looking for that f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

You're welcome if you get stick on anymore, you can browse to var/stash/applications/NameOfApp. Then find the info.plist file. The CFBundleIdentifier *is the name of the folder you need to put your icons in, and the CFBundleIconFiles and what you need to call the icons.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to butler007 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (05-29-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,337 Times in 2,106 Posts

I think Apple might muck with the file names just to keep us themers on our toes!! ;-)
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

I wouldn't be surprise! Some of the folder and icon names for app store apps are rediculous too, but that's all part of the fun

Thanks
    Thanked 6,337 Times in 2,106 Posts

AGREED!! What about the bundle name for Twitter!! "com.atebits.Tweetie2" or Find My iPhone "com.apple.mobileme.fmip1" that "1" caught me out!! I think it was the hardest one for me!! I used to theme via the "Folders" method but FMIP wouldnt and that's when I decided to embrace the "Bundles" method!!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

I know, and twitterific is no better with "com.iconfactory.Flamingo". If I hadn't stumbled across the above method then it would've taken months to just theme the icons!

The only thing I can think of is if your image is the wrong size. My mail icon would t theme for ages and I had no idea why, then when I checked the size, I realised it was one pixel narrower than the original. I sorted that out and respring and it worked!
    Check that out, if it doesn't work then let me know and I'll have another think