+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos and Camera Icon won't change

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I'm not too sure where to check in the bundles directory of the theme I'm using (Its a winterboard theme - Faith HD and SD). I'm runnig IOS 5.1.1 i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm not too sure where to check in the bundles directory of the theme I'm using (Its a winterboard theme - Faith HD and SD).

I'm runnig IOS 5.1.1 i think that might be the problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 1,610 Posts

Yip in 5.1.1 they changed the name if those two icons. Assume Bundle name will still be correct and going off 5.0.1 they are called:

Camera@2x~iphone.png
    Located in Bundle "com.apple.camera"

Photos@2x~iphone.png
    Located in Bundle "com.apple.mobileslideshow"

See how that goes. I'm still on 5.0.1 but I've read those icons are not theming on 5.1.1 due to the file name change.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Thanks

any ideas on the mail icon? mind won't theme..

le sigh

Thanks

No ideas sorry. Still on 5.0.1. Do u use iFile or are u able to view ur iDevice directories? Best bet I have found is to find the app folder that isnt theming e.g Mail so navigate to: /var/stash/Applications/MobileMail.app

In there you will see the "[email protected]" which is what it is called in 5.0.1 and is a 118x120 pixels. Assuming Retina device e.g 4 or 4S.

See what the file name has been renamed? Could be "Icon@2x~iphone.png" for the themed icon To work it needs to be named EXACTLY as 5.1.1 now names the mail icon.

Once you have determined the File name update the your themed one accordingly.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

sofilious (05-26-2012)

Thanks

Jato: thanks for the reply.

I went to /var/stash/Applications/MobileMail.app and the icon is named [email protected] I even tried to replace that file with my mail icon but it doesn't work.

Currently, my mail icon is in Theme / Bundles / com.apple.mobilemail / [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    No ideas sorry. Still on 5.0.1. Do u use iFile or are u able to view ur iDevice directories? Best bet I have found is to find the app folder that isnt theming e.g Mail so navigate to: /var/stash/Applications/MobileMail.app

In there you will see the "[email protected]" which is what it is called in 5.0.1 and is a 118x120 pixels. Assuming Retina device e.g 4 or 4S.

See what the file name has been renamed? Could be "Icon@2x~iphone.png" for the themed icon To work it needs to be named EXACTLY as 5.1.1 now names the mail icon.

Once you have determined the File name update the your themed one accordingly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So developer have to updates the theme because every time when we change the theme then and also change the icon file name.

Thanks

What Device and iOS Are you on? I have updated to 5.1.1. Seems really odd that icon won't theme. I double checked mine and it is named exactly as above. One last thing to do maybe would be to clear your cache.

Go to

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/
    com.apple.IconsCache

Just for safety reasons I personally copy the complete contents of the "com.apple.IconsCache" to a folder on my desktop.

Once backed up via this method I select all within the "com.apple.IconsCache" and delete. Respring your device.

Lastly if that doesn't work would be to upload the theme so we can download it ourselves to test which one you are trying/wanting to run.

Nothing really beats actually trying to recreate the issue you have on our devices.

Thanks

What Device and iOS Are you on? I have updated to 5.1.1. Seems really odd that icon won't theme. I double checked mine and it is named exactly as above. One last thing to do maybe would be to clear your cache.

Go to

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/
    com.apple.IconsCache

Just for safety reasons I personally copy the complete contents of the "com.apple.IconsCache" to a folder on my desktop.

Once backed up via this method I select all within the "com.apple.IconsCache" and delete. Respring your device.

Lastly if that doesn't work would be to upload the theme so we can download it ourselves to test which one you are trying/wanting to run.

Nothing really beats actually trying to recreate the issue you have on our devices.

Jato,

I have tried clearing my cache but it still doesn't work

Here is a copy of my girly theme...please don't laugh.

sofie's theme I made this myself.

Again, thanks for looking into this for me! it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Photos and Camera Icon won't change-photo-23-.png
    Quote Originally Posted by sofilious View Post
    Jato,

I have tried clearing my cache but it still doesn't work

Here is a copy of my girly theme...please don't laugh.

sofie's theme I made this myself.

Again, thanks for looking into this for me! it's greatly appreciated.
    I found the problem, your icon is an app size icon size, Native Apps on the iphone use a 118x120 pixel dimensions. I noticed some of your other icons are different sizes. If they dont work that will be why. I simply put the your 114x114 Mail icon on a 118x120 transparent document and it will worked so the Bundle name and filename are correct. Here is a screenshot showing it works.

Good luck

Oh great work on the theme! very impressive!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

sofilious (06-04-2012)

Thanks

Attachment 588491

I found the problem, your icon is an app size icon size, Native Apps on the iphone use a 118x120 pixel dimensions. I noticed some of your other icons are different sizes. If they dont work that will be why. I simply put the your 114x114 Mail icon on a 118x120 transparent document and it will worked so the Bundle name and filename are correct. Here is a screenshot showing it works.

Good luck

Oh great work on the theme! very impressive!
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR TROUBLESHOOTING IT FOR ME!!!

Thanks thanks thanks! I have lost a few nights of sleep because of this...hahaha i just can't stand looking at the default mail icon.

again, thanks for being so kind!

Thanks

All good! Was happy to help :-) now you will be able to finish it all off.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

sofilious (06-04-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem, please Jato can you check my theme?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99192746/Jaku%20Core.theme.rar

I use Jaku theme and I tried to change their mail icon with this one: http://www.krimco.com/Black_Mail_Ribbon2.png
    And obviously I screwed something and after that only default mail icon is shown...

I tried with icon@2x~iphone.png, also deleted IconsCache, tried with 118x120 and 114x114 but nothing works, please help me :/

Thanks

Hey, I got ur MSG but it was 11pm over here and now I have work today. I will look tonight if no one else helps before then if ok? It's like 8am here dude.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't worry take yout time, I'm not in hurry, I appreciate your help, thank you very much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sennaCRO View Post
    I have the same problem, please Jato can you check my theme?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99192746/Jaku%20Core.theme.rar

I use Jaku theme and I tried to change their mail icon with this one: http://www.krimco.com/Black_Mail_Ribbon2.png
    And obviously I screwed something and after that only default mail icon is shown...

I tried with icon@2x~iphone.png, also deleted IconsCache, tried with 118x120 and 114x114 but nothing works, please help me :/
    sennaCRO you are going to hate this but all that was wrong is the icon name, for icons to theme they NEED to be named exactly as how the iOS uses them and are CASE Sensitive. For the mail icon this is "[email protected]" you simply had "[email protected]

I have enclosed a pic of it working on my phone, i didnt load the rest of the theme on, can you rename the icon to "[email protected]" ok? i use iFunbox which lets u plug your iDevice into your windows pc and drop and drag in and out of it. For editing on the fly i use iFile.

Photos and Camera Icon won't change-photo-136-.png

Im on Twitter more if you have questions or what not...Jato_BZ also the theme im building is shown on it in glimpses...

All the best

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I alredy tried with [email protected], too... still default icon :S

Photos and Camera Icon won't change-4vvmbaiv2yv9zowkmrdd.jpg Photos and Camera Icon won't change-3ymjtno05apqo90mac9l.png

I've just change to another theme, and mail icon which worked before, now is default...
    Can it be because I was so desperate and changed icons in System Applicationst?

Photos and Camera Icon won't change-ntegnzy0e4tfgfg4e4n.jpg

Please can you upload me than the whole MobileMail.app folder (can't be bigger than 1-2 MB I guess) because I forget to make backup for those icons...