+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing the SMS Font and color

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi all Has anyone managed to change the Native SMS font color and style in the chat bubbles? My theme (work in progress) requires both the SMS sent and received
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,883 Posts

Default Changing the SMS Font and color
    Hi all

Has anyone managed to change the Native SMS font color and style in the chat bubbles? My theme (work in progress) requires both the SMS sent and received to be different colors to the black offered. I assume this would be a "Info.plist" mod possibly of some sort and would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default curious as well..
    bump... anyone have a clue?

Thanks

Apparently it is impossible. I wish someone would figure it out tho!

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I can tell, this isn't possible. I can't find anyway to change the font in any specific app (I've been trying to change the font in calculator.app). I think the amount you can change using info.plist files in winterboard is pretty limited unfortunately!

Thanks

I disagree, I have managed to change my calendar day/date icon docked/undocked and badge alerts fonts, color, size and position.

Thanks

So have I, but have you done anything to fonts inside an app, as opposed to on the springboard?

Thanks

No. Would you not just put the Info.Plist file within the Bundle of the app you are wanting to change? Or would that conflict with the original Info.Plist of the app???It would be guessing the name which might take forever. Then again you could be right WB might not be setup do it.

Thanks

I would assume you could do it by placing an Info.plist in the bundle of the app so it overwrites the original one, but if you go into the actual app folder, the the Info.plist doesn't seem to contain any information regarding font styles, etc. So I don't really know how to even begin writing a .plist...

Thanks

Yuh might be too hard. I might have a go in the weekend. Keen to swap ideas tho. Sounds like we are both into our theming and around the same level? :-o I'm building my own theme from scratch. Rather intensive. I got an ipad3 in the weekend and have JB that with the intention to port my theme to it as well.

Thanks

I've been thinking the same thing for the last few days. I'm working on my own theme too, can't believe how long the process is. Don't think what I'll be producing this time round will be anything like the same level as some of the other stuff available. I'll PM you some of the other things I'm thinking of but can't figure out? (also very jealous of the iPad, I'm just working off an iPod touch 4g)

Thanks

Yip I agree, I can see why sum themes are built as a collaborative / co-op effort. Yuh PM sounds gd! All good doesn't really matter what device ur on! :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

kinda got off topic there? lol

if you guys ever do figure out how to change the 'blue' text in the messages app (the text of the words call, contact, facetime, etc, at the top of the message conversation), will you please come back to this post and update it?

I know I am not nearly as savvy with theming as you guys, I still cant figure out how different themes for the same version ios can have different named image files, placed into different folders in the theme, but yet they still work.. how does the fkn phone know what and where the images are and where to place them, if they are named differently from theme to theme? if you dont understand i can try to provide an example.

Thanks

The general idea is that everything has to be named perfectly or it won't worked, so it would be nice to know what examples you have found of different names, different folder etc.?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xtrememan's Avatar
    Thanks

this is off topic too but i need some help,

do any of you text and have "lag" and is slow when texting. i have that problem and want to fix it. got any ideas

this is the thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/806...ml#post6550618
    Last edited by xtrememan; 05-31-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks

Bump!

I, too, have a theme design in mind, but it would definitely require being able to change text colors in apps

Thanks

Totally hear u on this. One idea I have been toying with and unsuccessfully trying is to add the string from our modded info.Plist files into the Apple Plist file within the app e.g Messages or Notes. To me this would possibly be the only way to override the default font via a Plist file. The problem is guessing Whether apple use SMSstyle as the string name etc? I'm hoping to get Xcode installed on my Mac so I can tear apart some .dylib and .xconfig files to see if there's anything in there that might point to how to mod it. I downloaded Rich Text For Mail and it mods the selected text within Mail and Notes but not the default. If the Dev can mod the selected txt then it would plausible that you could mod the default font. Thoughts???