Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anybody want to take a crack at this?

Default Anybody want to take a crack at this?
    I am not a graphics person. I have photoshop, I can crop, I can resize, hell I even made my sig, as simple as it is, but I can't do much more than that....I have taken these awesome signal bars from a motorola DRM (that's what has the signal bars in it on moto phones) and resized them for the iPhone, and they look like crap. They are the same height, but 11 pixels longer in width. So when I shorten them, they look like crap. So here they are. They are so cool I'm betting someone will want to clean them up for use on the iPhone, but I'm just not the person to do it.

Here's a screenshot

Originals.zip - is the original pictures from the motorola DRM
    My attempt.zip - is how mine turned out
    0415 (30x20) is how it's supposed to look
    Default_5_Bars - is how mine turned out
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nevarDeath View Post
    I am not a graphics person. I have photoshop, I can crop, I can resize, hell I even made my sig, as simple as it is, but I can't do much more than that....I have taken these awesome signal bars from a motorola DRM (that's what has the signal bars in it on moto phones) and resized them for the iPhone, and they look like crap.
    I'll play around when I get home. Looks like is has potential. btw, I made my EDGE image half that size, it looks much better. You do know how to resize after all.

Are you talking about the motorola edge symbol? I like the size of it. That's one reason I wanted to change from the default one, it's so small

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nevarDeath View Post
    Are you talking about the motorola edge symbol? I like the size of it. That's one reason I wanted to change from the default one, it's so small
    Yup, I'm using the same Moto symbol, but it looks clunky to me when compared with the rest of the symbols.

Yeah, you're right about that. My intention was to make a whole stock moto theme, but I had the same problem with the stock moto bars as I'm having with these, I just didn't think those would be cool enough for anyone to mess with lol. But thanks for the feedback on the edge icon