+ Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wp7 ck

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by alongos Hey there, So thank you sooo much for the pack you put together for me; everything is awesome! Sorry to not get back to you until
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alongos View Post
    Hey there,

So thank you sooo much for the pack you put together for me; everything is awesome! Sorry to not get back to you until now, just I went away last minute to Sweden to review a festival there, and didn't really have time to stop!

Just got one question: how do I enable the english and french versions at the same time, so that when I hit the globe icon (which looks great, btw), it switches to the other keyboard? At the moment, I can only select one at a time, and so still need to go into CK settings, swap the keyboard, and respring my device...

Thanks again for being so awesome, and quick to respond!

Alexander
    Hey, awesome! Sounds great getting to visit Sweden, hope it was enjoyable!

My pleasure as far as the themes, glad you're liking them!

Unfortunately, it's never been possible to control what happens after the Globe key is hit when using BG images with CK.

There's just no way to call a different set of images in the plist for "Primary" vs. "Secondary" keyboards. It seems conceivable at least to add this functionality to the Color Keyboard tweak in the future (and I had actually already mentioned it to YS Kim), but I can't say for sure that it would be possible, either.

The only way I could see it working, would require that both sets of images be included in the same theme folder, all uniquely named to be reference-able by the plist, and twice as many unique callouts would be needed in the plist, with the new ones referenced under 2 new Visual Styles. For instance:

Landscape;iPhone-Secondary

Portrait;iPhone-Secondary

Of course this would also open quite a can of worms with the insane number of possible Primary/Secondary kb combinations... Lol.

I just included both so you would have them if you could use them in any way for now...

Here's hoping the future will hold some CK updating, though!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Awesome!! Thanks for the screens! I'm glad you took those extra ones... there's more to change than I thought.

Try these out when you get a chance and let me know what you think color-wise, as well as if the [123] Key works properly for you...

WP7~Ay-Black-White~CK.zip

WP7~Ay-White-Black~CK.zip

anyway to get the white-black in QWERTY?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HiDEFF For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-14-2012)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

HiDEFF (08-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, awesome! Sounds great getting to visit Sweden, hope it was enjoyable!

My pleasure as far as the themes, glad you're liking them!

Unfortunately, it's never been possible to control what happens after the Globe key is hit when using BG images with CK.

There's just no way to call a different set of images in the plist for "Primary" vs. "Secondary" keyboards. It seems conceivable at least to add this functionality to the Color Keyboard tweak in the future (and I had actually already mentioned it to YS Kim), but I can't say for sure that it would be possible, either.

The only way I could see it working, would require that both sets of images be included in the same theme folder, all uniquely named to be reference-able by the plist, and twice as many unique callouts would be needed in the plist, with the new ones referenced under 2 new Visual Styles. For instance:

Landscape;iPhone-Secondary

Portrait;iPhone-Secondary

Of course this would also open quite a can of worms with the insane number of possible Primary/Secondary kb combinations... Lol.

I just included both so you would have them if you could use them in any way for now...

Here's hoping the future will hold some CK updating, though!
    Sweden was excellent, yes thank you.

Oh, ok, so basically because the keyboard is all images, there's no way to change it. I see. Would another way of getting round it be only having the keyboard background as the image, and using the default letters in the keyboard? Either way, it does seem quite complicated, although if CK were updated to support different languages, that would be kinda awesome!

I also thought it would be good if you could select multiple keyboards in CK, and hitting the globe key cycled through them (thus allowing for multiple language keyboards to be used, or simply different styles of the same language). Do you think that would be possible, or would that be more difficult to implement?

Thanks again,

Alexander

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alongos For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-18-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Phatmartino, can't express enough how much of a badass you are with these themes! Thanx for coming through!

With that said, I have another small request and hopefully you're up for the challenge

Love the Phatbook Air CK color (blueish glow); anyway you can create a WP7 CK theme with the Phatbook Air colors?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by HiDEFF; 08-15-2012 at 07:02 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HiDEFF For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-18-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiDEFF View Post
    Phatmartino, can't express enough how much of a badass you are with these themes! Thanx for coming through!

With that said, I have another small request and hopefully you're up for the challenge

Love the Phatbook Air CK color (blueish glow); anyway you can create a WP7 CK theme with the Phatbook Air colors?

Thank you in advance!

Hey! Thanks for the kind words, and it's my pleasure!

I'm always happy to fill requests!

Of course, the PhatBook Air "colors" are a little more involved obviously... Every "color" is made up of mixtures of gradients, drop shadows, inner and outer glows, etc... So here's a quick bit of toying around to try to encapsulate the "look" of the PhatBook Air into solid colors like the WP7s traditionally use. Let me know what you think, and/or if you were more envisioning breaking the traditional solid color look of WP7, and including "glows" and such...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks good but I always envisioned it with the glow. However, you do enough for this forum that I don't want to bother you with more work.

Again, thank you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HiDEFF For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-18-2012)

Thanks

This looks good but I always envisioned it with the glow. However, you do enough for this forum that I don't want to bother you with more work.

Again, thank you.

You're entirely welcome!

I really have nothin' but fun playing around with this stuff, and making others happy at the same time.

Along those lines... Here's a little more Ps fun...

This is the same thing but with the glowing Text:

These have slightly more Phatbook Styles applied:

Maybe the Shift Light instead?

Let me know what you think! It could be pretty cool with a little more tweaking maybe... I'd happily play around more if you like!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

These have slightly more Phatbook Styles applied:

Maybe the Shift Light instead?

Let me know what you think! It could be pretty cool with a little more tweaking maybe... I'd happily play around more if you like!

Wow, nice work! I'm stuck between these two. I love the glow effect but I did notice that the top one has a subtle glow to it which I want to say looks better; but, again, they both look great!

When it comes to the shift key, I like 'em both. There's something about the green arrow that gives it that extra 'umph!' but the green dot isn't too far behind; gives it a nice elegant/simple look.

Edit: are the glows the same? Giving them a second look, I can't tell if there's a different or not

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HiDEFF For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-18-2012)

Thanks

Wow, nice work! I'm stuck between these two. I love the glow effect but I did notice that the top one has a subtle glow to it which I want to say looks better; but, again, they both look great!

When it comes to the shift key, I like 'em both. There's something about the green arrow that gives it that extra 'umph!' but the green dot isn't too far behind; gives it a nice elegant/simple look.

Edit: are the glows the same? Giving them a second look, I can't tell if there's a different or not

Hey, those should have the same glow, but I see what you mean. It's pretty crazy especially on PC... at least on my LED monitor the same image higher up toward the top of the screen is darker. If I bob my head up and down like an idiot, I can see it change. Lol.

Anyway, I'll make a few International variations with the Shift Arrow... With the light, it's nearly a PhatBook Air with larger squared keys... but I'll just make those as well if desired! No harm in a wider selection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm starting to dig the green dot on the shift key more and more. Anyways, keep me posted on when they become available; can't wait!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HiDEFF For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-18-2012)

Thanks

I'm starting to dig the green dot on the shift key more and more. Anyways, keep me posted on when they become available; can't wait!

Cool, I'm kind of coming around to it as well...

Here's a Qwerty-US version to start with that has the green light, and I toned down the Text glow just a bit. The zip also contains a new set of Popups if desired. Let me know what you think!

WP7~Qy-US-PBA~CK.zip

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I came around to installing it and I have to be honest, something about it doesn't feel right. On my monitor it looks different than it does on the phone itself :-/ Perhaps some tweaking can fix this, so below I've jotted down some notes.

>>I'm thinking that it could use a new background color; the light grey just doesn't feel like it goes well with the square glowing keys--maybe a darker shade of gray? or a new color all together?

>>I also feel like the fonts could use a little bit more glow--Again, on the monitor it looks different than it does on the phone. Also, is it possible to use the same fonts that was used for Phatbook??

>>Can glow be given to the numeric keypad (passcode) and popups?

I know by making some of these changes its hardly a WP7 CK but nonetheless, it should look pretty cool.

Phatmartino, thanx again for all the trouble. it's truly appreciated it.
    Last edited by HiDEFF; 08-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to HiDEFF For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-28-2012)

bdo
    Thanks

I man and thanks a lot for your hard work ... These keyboards are wonderfull 😁 i'm french and when i use your Gray2+cyan~se~Ay keyboard and i press the dollar glyph i have an euro and "vice-versa" please is it possible that you upload a gray2+cyan / black / gray2 version of these keyboard in azerty with siri and emoj but with a correction for $ and ?
    In advance thanks a lot , please help my precious to regain smile ... ^^
    Last edited by bdo; 08-24-2012 at 12:28 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bdo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-28-2012)

Thanks

I came around to installing it and I have to be honest, something about it doesn't feel right. On my monitor it looks different than it does on the phone itself :-/ Perhaps some tweaking can fix this, so below I've jotted down some notes.

>>I'm thinking that it could use a new background color; the light grey just doesn't feel like it goes well with the square glowing keys--maybe a darker shade of gray? or a new color all together?

>>I also feel like the fonts could use a little bit more glow--Again, on the monitor it looks different than it does on the phone. Also, is it possible to use the same fonts that was used for Phatbook??

>>Can glow be given to the numeric keypad (passcode) and popups?

I know by making some of these changes its hardly a WP7 CK but nonetheless, it should look pretty cool.

Phatmartino, thanx again for all the trouble. it's truly appreciated it.

Hey! Sorry it took a bit to get back here... I generally agree with all of your points about the WP7-PBA... It could look pretty cool just basically being a PhatBook Air with oversized, squared keys.

It will take a bit of time (compared to just altering colors), playing around with it in the mix of all other current projects... As soon as I change the Font, it will require going back through and re-aligning every text layer, and I was wondering if once I do that, I'd pretty much need to replace the Shift, Delete, etc. Arrows with the lower case spelled out "shift", "delete", etc. like the PBA... The current Symbols are much thicker and would be drastically different as far as the "glow", which is a mix between the symbol being white, and an actual two-tone inner/outer Blue glow...

I'd need to make the NumberPad images from scratch (they're normally plist hex colors for these WP7's instead of images).

Almost everything you mentioned is possible with the exception of glowing text on the Popups. What I had set so far in that first tester, is exactly like the PhatBook Air Popup Text. Unfortunately that text is displayed by the system and can only be one solid color.

It's also always interesting finding the right contrast between keys and background, and the layout of WP7 keys with the very small spaces between keys makes it even more interesting... I'll try to play around and think outside the box a bit as I do, and see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by bdo View Post
    I man and thanks a lot for your hard work ... These keyboards are wonderfull  i'm french and when i use your Gray2+cyan~se~Ay keyboard and i press the dollar glyph i have an euro and "vice-versa" please is it possible that you upload a gray2+cyan / black / gray2 version of these keyboard in azerty with siri and emoj but with a correction for $ and ?
    In advance thanks a lot , please help my precious to regain smile ... ^^

Hey, absolutely!

The color part is easy, so while I was at it, I made this version in Gray1+Cyan and Gray2+Cyan. I used the new format which works for all device/Siri/Emoji setups. I'm pretty sure I understood what your setup requires as far as the monetary symbols, but let me know if there's anything else that needs to be altered!

WP7~Ay-Eu-Gray1+Cyan~CK.zip

WP7~Ay-Eu-Gray2+Cyan~CK.zip

bdo
    Thanks

Thanks a lot man... Yes i have a last request if possible... Can you make please the gray2+cyan and the black with white lines like those but with "espace" instead of "space" ? Thanks a lot and as someone says before you're the "KeyboardMan" 😒
    Ps: do you think we could one day have the possibility to see your beautifull colorkeyboards in azerty mode ? >>> those of your other tread .
    Ih and the blackbwith white lines is the one named "WP7-Black"
    Last edited by bdo; 08-27-2012 at 06:37 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bdo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-28-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi phatmartino... i'm new in this forum... I don't speak English well. I have a problem when operating keyboards wp7... the keyboard does not appear ... I have an iphone 3gs ... What should I do? What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdo View Post
    Thanks a lot man... Yes i have a last request if possible... Can you make please the gray2+cyan and the black with white lines like those but with "espace" instead of "space" ? Thanks a lot and as someone says before you're the "KeyboardMan" 
    Ps: do you think we could one day have the possibility to see your beautifull colorkeyboards in azerty mode ? >>> those of your other tread .
    Ih and the blackbwith white lines is the one named "WP7-Black"

Hey, not a prob!

Here's a pack of 3, figured I'd include original Black and Black+Cyan just in case... Let me know if everything works ok, and now that I have PSDs set up for "espace", other colors are a snap to make, so let me know if you'd like any others!

WP7~espace~CK.zip

Quote Originally Posted by simone_pelosi View Post
    hi phatmartino... i'm new in this forum... I don't speak English well. I have a problem when operating keyboards wp7... the keyboard does not appear ... I have an iphone 3gs ... What should I do? What did I do wrong?

Hello! Welcome to the forum, and your English is fine!

The original WP7 themes in the first post of this thread all only work with Retina (iP4 and later) devices, but all of the recently posted requests should work for you...

Here is a link to the MediaFire folder with all of those recent versions:

/WP7 CK/Cydia Format Preview/

Feel free to check and see if any of those happen to be versions you wanted as far as colors...

The "Qy" versions are QWERTY, the "Ay" versions are AZERTY, and there are a few that have "Eu" or "UK" with different setups for [$] [€] [].

If you're not sure or don't see what you need, let me know which themes (colors) you'd like and take a screenshot if possible of your "International" setup screen like this...

... and I'll know exactly what to make!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you very much phat ... I did not understand very well the speech ... I'm Italian ... I ask only one thing ... would be willing to create for my iphone keyboard cyan white ... with a white background and the buttons cyan ... I just just the files in the folder and thems.........

Wp7 ck-img_0215.png this is my international...
    Last edited by simone_pelosi; 08-27-2012 at 05:10 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to simone_pelosi For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-28-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed two keyboards of those who have sent me and work finally ... without creating a new edit the keyboard making it black and white with a white background and the buttons cyan ... and putting the text instead of "space" if you put "space" because I'm Italian ... too kind ... your work is great ... one last thing ... You can also modify the writing space on keyboards red and black and white black and pba??
    Last edited by simone_pelosi; 08-28-2012 at 07:42 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to simone_pelosi For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-28-2012)

+ Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)