+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather elements v4

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I'm trying to get this LS theme to work. Your suppose to be able to set the location and settings with the app it puts on your springboard. But when
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Weather elements v4
    I'm trying to get this LS theme to work. Your suppose to be able to set the location and settings with the app it puts on your springboard. But when I go to it, it takes me to a link and none of the settings actually show thee text of which they are changing. And therefor I cannot actually hange the settings. Anyone know how to fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmuff View Post
    I'm trying to get this LS theme to work. Your suppose to be able to set the location and settings with the app it puts on your springboard. But when I go to it, it takes me to a link and none of the settings actually show thee text of which they are changing. And therefor I cannot actually hange the settings. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Try reloading the settings page in safari. For some reason the text doesn't always show when the page loads. That's what I've had to do a couple of times.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like how many times? Refresh doesn't seem to fix it

Thanks

does this work on Ios 5.o.1?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

It does work for me. If I have time today, I'll play with it and see if I can get it to act up. Did you try clearing out your history and cookies? It erases your saved settings when you do, causing the need to input your settings again. Maybe try that and see if the text shows up?

Thanks

Can't get past the dark weather screen
    I get the form to submit but nothing happens waiting long time over night for it to get weather. And nothing
    I have the icon o. The sb but nothing happens! Any help would be great thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather elements v4-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329310920.409495.jpg   Weather elements v4-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329311005.243127.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, why lol

Deleting history and cookies isn't helping either

Thanks

Me either. It's like the form is there but when i hit submit it is not connected to any code to kick the weather retriever into searching

Theme Creator
    Thanks

If you have your browsing set to private, it won't save your settings. When you hit submit, nothing will happen. I tried it this morning. Clearing my cookies/cache erased my settings. Then when I opened the settings page in safari, I got the blank page (text labels missing) I refreshed the page and the text returned. But since I had "private browsing" turned on, it would not give me the "settings successfully save" pop up. So I went back and turned off private browsing and ten tries again. This time it saved my settings.

Ok. To follow up...after doing the above, I noticed that I wasn't getting the weather anymore. I too was getting the black screen and it wasn't telling me that it was retrieving the weather. So after a respring, it came back on. So now it is working again for me.
    Last edited by 1hihum; 02-15-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks

Thanks man for helping here your advise about the private browser was right on and after changing that well here's the fruit of your advise. Thanks again.

My first experience with this I like it a lot but wondering if the sky is always dark up top
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather elements v4-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329331865.817569.jpg  
    Last edited by anig; 02-15-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks

I c now not always like that had a great clear sky. Very nice can we add more backgrounds through ssh will look into it late tonight. Very nice

Is there away to add more themes or just the backgrounds. I would love one with the ocean calm in the day and rough at night. Sweet!
    Last edited by anig; 02-15-2012 at 08:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't Find Weather Elements
    Just restored iPhone 4 last night running iOS 5.0.1. Previously found weather elements with no problems. Cannot find it under search now? modmyi repo is installed and other apps from modmyi repo show?

Thanks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:

rhmjr (02-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks - got it!

Never encounteredthis problem before after restore, was always able to find W.E. w/out problem. Really appreciate the assist.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Thanks man for helping here your advise about the private browser was right on and after changing that well here's the fruit of your advise. Thanks again.

My first experience with this I like it a lot but wondering if the sky is always dark up top
    No problem! I'm glad it worked out for you. I've loved this theme for a long time. It has evolved a bit over the years. If you go to macthemes.net, you can find the support thread for it there...though support for it seems to be dead at the moment. Someone there actually made a New York skyline theme for it though. Ive been meaning to make a custom one for it myself. I would love to see something like Yosemite valley or perhaps a San Francisco skyline!

Another cool tweak is to make this theme your wallpaper. It's kinda cool to see the clouds floating by behind your icons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After trying all of this. I can still not get the text to show up.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmuff View Post
    After trying all of this. I can still not get the text to show up.
    I'd I we're you, I would delete it from Cydia, reboot your phone, and then reinstall it. Then try it again. Be sure that private browsing is off until after you have it working. Do you by any chance have any other widgets or lock screen tweaks on your phone? If so try turning them off too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

If you are looking for an animated weather lockscreen that is easy to customise, then have a look at THIS.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    If you are looking for an animated weather lockscreen that is easy to customise, then have a look at THIS.
    Looks nice, but how do I find it...never mind. Google is my friend. I'm gonna check it out. Thanks!

Update...Ok, after finding it and trying it out, none of the backgrounds show up. I just have a grey screen with very nice animations.
    Last edited by 1hihum; 02-20-2012 at 02:02 AM.