+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather elements v4

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
You would find it in Cydia if the MMi repo would crawl the MMUS repo correctly but it does not. MMUS Repo is "apt.mmus.us"!
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

You would find it in Cydia if the MMi repo would crawl the MMUS repo correctly but it does not.
    MMUS Repo is "apt.mmus.us"!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

anig (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Another cool tweak is to make this theme your wallpaper. It's kinda cool to see the clouds floating by behind your icons.
    How would I do that exactly Say I want this weather theme to be the wallpaper in place of the iscape wallpaper Thanks for the guide

Theme Creator
    Thanks

It's very simple. Just SSH into your phone (I use ifunbox) and copy the Weather elements them to your desktop. Open the main folder and rename "LockBackground.html" to "Wallpaper.html" without the "" of coarse. Then just rename the main folder from Weather Elements.theme to Weather Elements Wall.theme. Then just drag it back into your themes folder on the phone, and activate it via winterboard. It will use the same settings as the Lockscreen theme. I did it this way so that I could turn off one without killing the other if I want.

I would imagine if you planned on using both the lockscreen and wallpaper all the time, then you could just add the Wallpaper.html into the original theme and it would work the same way. You just wouldn't be able to kill one without the other.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

anig (02-22-2012)

Thanks

Update...Ok, after finding it and trying it out, none of the backgrounds show up. I just have a grey screen with very nice animations.
    Hmm, do you have a retina display iPhone?
    I don't, but my sons got an iPod Touch 4G each with retina display and it worked on theirs.
    Did you had any other apps running, like LockInfo or so?
    It is annoying if something that worked before suddenly did not work. As you can see, AWL is not a simple html lockscreen code and having effectively 2 html pages on top of the background image, required some z-index fiddling. As I do not have any LockInfo app or even SBsetting or so I do not know if and in what way they could interfere.
    Fell free to look into this if you want, I can not help as I can not duplicate this on my 3GS.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 02-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks

anyone know where I can get a copy of the New York Theme, looks awesome on that mactheme forum. They are not taking any new registers so I can not gert in that forum. Bummer New York theme anyone. PLEASE

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    anyone know where I can get a copy of the New York Theme, looks awesome on that mactheme forum. They are not taking any new registers so I can not gert in that forum. Bummer New York theme anyone. PLEASE
    I went back and tried to download it (I have a membership) but the link is dead. I am playing around with replacing some of the background picks with other scenery, such as these...

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I don't, but my sons got an iPod Touch 4G each with retina display and it worked on theirs.
    It is annoying if something that worked before suddenly did not work. As you can see, AWL is not a simple html lockscreen code and having effectively 2 html pages on top of the background image, required some z-index fiddling. As I do not have any LockInfo app or even SBsetting or so I do not know if and in what way they could interfere.
    Fell free to look into this if you want, I can not help as I can not duplicate this on my 3GS.
    I played around with my phone trying to get it to work, but it is still a no go. I love your animations though! It would be nice to be able to insert your animations with my own backgrounds. One thing that I didn't care for though was that it always seemed to revert back to the "select location" screen. I would prefer to just have it open to the location that I have selected. Nice work though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather elements v4-sunny_night1.png   Weather elements v4-cloudy3_night.png   Weather elements v4-sunny_night.png  
    Last edited by 1hihum; 02-26-2012 at 05:43 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

anig (02-26-2012)

Thanks

let me know if i can help in anyway somehow. If you could do a south florida based theme I would gladly pay for your time.

let me know if i can help in anyway somehow. If you could do a south florida based theme I would gladly pay for your time.
    Last edited by anig; 02-26-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I played around with my phone trying to get it to work, but it is still a no go. I love your animations though! It would be nice to be able to insert your animations with my own backgrounds. One thing that I didn't care for though was that it always seemed to revert back to the "select location" screen. I would prefer to just have it open to the location that I have selected. Nice work though!

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post

Do you have any pictures that you would like to see as the background? I can't make any promises, but if I find the time, I'll work on it.

Thanks

I will get a couple out to you in the meantime should these clouds be centered with the rain how to get them centered?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

It's how the theme was made...I don't like it either. I remade that shot with the clouds and rain centered. I'll see if I can find it.
    This site won't let me upload it for some damn reason.
    Last edited by 1hihum; 02-26-2012 at 09:58 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

anig (02-27-2012)

Thanks

All my work always has been free OpenSource style stuff, and always will be.
    So, feel free to use what ever you want to use.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (03-21-2012)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

All my work always has been free OpenSource style stuff, and always will be.
    So, feel free to use what ever you want to use.
    So, since I know nothing about JS, how would I go about tying in your animations into Weather Elements? I would like to use Weather Elements method of selecting my location if possible. I was trying to follow the GPS weather thread there for a bit, but it just made my head hurt trying to figure out what everyone was talking about. I wish I knew how to do these things! I would love to see a weather widget/theme that allowed GPS location capability, your animations, and the ability to create my own backgrounds/wallpapers! So, if you have the time, and the interest, I'd appreciate any help your willing to lend. If not, I certainly understand! Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Weather elements web clip blank
    This is driving me nuts weather elements 4.2.18 can't submit when I use the web clip I cleared cache cookies no database option to clear removed reinstalled tried a 4.3 version I found in cydia rebooted by holding home and power deleted winter board and reinstalled still same issue I'm on 5.0.1 so restoring my 4s is not an option right now any help greatly appreciated

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsymphony View Post
    This is driving me nuts weather elements 4.2.18 can't submit when I use the web clip I cleared cache cookies no database option to clear removed reinstalled tried a 4.3 version I found in cydia rebooted by holding home and power deleted winter board and reinstalled still same issue I'm on 5.0.1 so restoring my 4s is not an option right now any help greatly appreciated
    Be sure that you have "private browsing" turned OFF. It won't submit with PB on. Once you submit it and it takes, you can turn PB back on. This is most likely what is causing your problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Be sure that you have "private browsing" turned OFF. It won't submit with PB on. Once you submit it and it takes, you can turn PB back on. This is most likely what is causing your problem.
    Thanks for the reply but I def tried that numerous times

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsymphony View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I def tried that numerous times
    Then I would venture a bet that it is possibly something else on your phone conflicting with it somehow (since two different versions are doing the same thing) I would start by turning off everything else in winterboard, and any mobile substrate that involve safari. Something has to be blocking your phone from caching the info. Sorry I wasn't of more help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow it sooo quiet or stop talking about weather element anymore since feb 2012 and is anyone noticed that weather element nyc from ihackrepo.com stoping working after jailbreak abinste on 5.1.1 ios?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, so im having this problem of having the black screen and it doesnt say "retrieving weather" anymore. i've made sure the private browsing is off. I also tried to delete, reboot and reinstall weatherelements but no luck.
    This started happening when i downloaded dreamboard and a VertigoHD theme. However i did not like the dreamboard idea and deleted it, but since then my WeatherElements has started giving me the problem. my guess is something went wrong uninstalling dreamboard/vertigo theme and if anyone can help me get WeatherElements back to normal?.. please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Old thread I know but can anyone direct my to an active download like for weather elements v4

25. The Following User Says Thank You to nicholsx For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (03-02-2013)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I haven't seen an active download for this theme in a long time. If I get a chance later this week ill try to post a link to the copy I have. However I am am having an issue with this theme right now. For some reason I can't get it to work. It was working last week when the notifications bug was happening soni turns it off. After the mobile substrate and winterboard updates came out I tried to activate rhis theme again, but it simply won't work (I've done both winterboard updates). I've tried everything I can think of. I can get other HTML themes to work, but this one acts like it can't read the local file that tells it my location.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (03-02-2013)