+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LS weather script help

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi all ! So i've made a LS theme and it's seems like i can't make it work for the Yahoo Weather JS script… You can download my LS Retro
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default LS weather script help
    Hi all !

So i've made a LS theme and it's seems like i can't make it work for the Yahoo Weather JS script…

You can download my LS Retro theme here LS Retro.zip

And also here is a little screenshot of my LS retro Theme Screen

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

I am not quite sure what you try to achieve .
    You set the LockBackground.png as the background in the css file, but then go on with lots of variables in the script.js about some kind of LockBackground?????
    Do you want the LockBackground.png as background or not?
    What is demoMode? Does not make much sense, you either use weather data or you do not.
    Finally your Yahoo weather url weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss, I never got that to work in my weather lockscreens.
    I had to use xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss
    I had a little play around but nothing seemed to work, apart from the css part (time and date).

Personally I would start from scratch again using the HTC animated widget which you can get HERE.
    There you can choose to enable the lockscreen background picture or not, but you have to edit it a bit to get it back to your layout.
    If you want to keep the weather animation is entirely up to you.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 02-13-2012 at 07:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To tell you the truth i'm using other people lockscreen script.
    And my knowledge about js is near zero !
    That's why at first i was looking for a clean js script file reference for the time/date and weather but other people tell me to use other people theme js (and as a html/css front-end i don't like it… it's dirty to use people that use other people etc… script…)
    In my js file what i know is that the first part (concerning the clock and calendar) work but not the second part…

That's why if someone can help with that second part of the script who start at <!-- Weather Script --> that would be great.

Thanks !

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Yes I can understand your point of view about using other people's work, but I have used the above one to learn, as it was the only one that was working with animated weather and I did not had any experience with weather themes. The Yahoo weather js code will always be the same as there is only one way to get the data from the xml response file, but apart from that you would not find a lot that is similar in my animated weather lockscreen theme, see here.
    This is the result of analysing the above example, learning from it and lots of trail and error over the last 6 month.