Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another "Tap to Unlock" question

Default Another "Tap to Unlock" question
    Is it possible to have a "tap to unlock" lockscreen, where the button changes when you press it?

You know, so its actually a button and not just a static image.

Thanks!

http://www.ithemesky.com/iphone-4-th...DT-BILL3T/4471

http://trentmorris.deviantart.com/ar...reen-214391704

Heres a couple to try. If anything the files will give you an idea of how it might be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    LS DDT BILL3T iPhone 4S theme - Technology iPhone Themes, Winterboard Themes download

Tapbot HD Lockscreen by =trentmorris on deviantART

Heres a couple to try. If anything the files will give you an idea of how it might be done.
    Thanks a bunch!!

The LS DDT BILL3T does indeed have tap to unlock feature, and it behaves like a button should

Looks tricky to modify, but I think I can manage

So to make a tap-to-unlock button that changes when pressed, you have to double the width of the "bottombarknobgray.png" image to 1100px, and then put the unpressed image on the left - pressed image on the right
    -bottombarknobgray-2x.png

However there seems to be a drawback: it will not work by simply tapping it. You must make at least a slight movement w/ your finger for it to unlock. If you simply tap it nothing will happen

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Try a smaller size, 550x94 for the "bottombarknobgray@2x~iphone.png" in my tap to unlock themes works perfect on my son's iPod 4 with retina display. No "little" slide needed, just a simple tap is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Try a smaller size, 550x94 for the "bottombarknobgray@2x~iphone.png" in my tap to unlock themes works perfect on my son's iPod 4 with retina display. No "little" slide needed, just a simple tap is all.
    I KNOW :P ~ what Im saying is that if you want it to work like a button, where the image changes when you press it, you need to double the width. THEN you need to wiggle it just a little bit

I'm happy with it though

/thread

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

As long as you are happy then everything is fine