+ Reply
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Make sure you did the environmental variables right, make sure the places you entered actually exist and that the artwork file is where you wrote it to be.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you did the environmental variables right, make sure the places you entered actually exist and that the artwork file is where you wrote it to be.

iKk
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh369 View Post
    wondering if you guys can help me i keep getting the help info on extracting rather than it extracting the images, i know this was covered earlier in the topic but i cant seem to see whats wrong with my commands..

Please help.

Attachment 593238
    I had this. The way I got it to work again was by doing everything on the desktop. I had a folder named pngs with the shared.artwork on the desktop too. Idk why but this always works for me.

Thanks

Just look through the OP and see if you messed up somewhere. Theres no problem with the extractor since everyone else is using it sso it must be the steps you took.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i am not able to Just Import and Create new artwork file...
    i want to change dimension of 2 files but i am unable to do it....how can i remove this python iOS-artwork.py create -a Cartwork\[email protected] THIS COMMAND and i just want to import png files into new artwork

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have extracted the files that is pngs but i want to change the dimension of png files and then recompile...so then how to recompile by changing the original dimension

Thanks

You CAN NOT change the dimensions of the file, but im sure you can change the size of the image, i hope you get what i mean. And look at the first post, it tells you how to recompile or import the files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    You CAN NOT change the dimensions of the file, but im sure you can change the size of the image, i hope you get what i mean. And look at the first post, it tells you how to recompile or import the files.
    I want to change the dimension of files and then recompile how??? I dont want original dimension...as i wanted to change the rotationlock icons ...instead i want nike logos..whose dimension is slightly more

Thanks

Well if you have the Nike logos, then save the file in the right dimensions and name it, what ever rotation lock is called. Then go here: http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ml#post6398342 and look at Step 5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Well if you have the Nike logos, then save the file in the right dimensions and name it, what ever rotation lock is called. Then go here: http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ml#post6398342 and look at Step 5.
    My nike logos png are of size 61 x 40 but the original dimension is 40 x 40... If i reduce my nike dimesion then it doesnt look good...so i wannt COMPILE the artwork without the original dimension...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

with which app or program...i can recompile the modified pngs with diff size...and repack it??? i only want to change dimesnion of 3 files but with python27 i m unable to do it

iPhone? More like MyPhone broodwar's Avatar
    Thanks

Different sized png do not work to recompile. The png's must have the same size to recompile the artwork without any errors...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broodwar View Post
    Different sized png do not work to recompile. The png's must have the same size to recompile the artwork without any errors...
    There is some way to do this..but i am
    Not getting how to do it??? otherwise the tutorial is of no use

Thanks

To edit the .png you require an image editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP.

As for the image size, you can not recompile the .artwork with different size pngs because that's just the way apple made these files.

The purpose of the tutorial is to teach people how to extract and recompile .artwork files. It's not to teach people how to edit the images.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i understand everything in the Tutorial...but with winterboard..i am able to change size of my image...its little bit more than original apple logo....but during compile the python27 checks the original artwork dimension which i dont like....please can you find some way to edit that

Thanks

I'm sorry but that is not possible and may never be, unless Apple allows it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very good tutorial
    It works well on my Mac OS X Lion (and Win 7) but I have still a problem I can not solve the AssistantMic.artwork

Indeed transparencies of the images that I created is displayed in white. Yet it seems to me that they have exactly the size of the original images.
    If I replace the original that I recompiled, they work properly. I do not really see the difference that could exist between the original images and mine. Because only transparency does not work.
    (I thought it came from the application "Preview" with which I resize, but I tested aggrandissant an original and provide it to the right size, it still works)

(sorry for my english^^)
    Last edited by JhoniPhone4; 07-10-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks

So the images aren't transparent right? is that the problem? They need to be transparent, can not be white.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I arranged with the microphone itself by applying the same background as the background of the SIRI, but I want to change the image of the light spot that runs when SIRI seeks an answer.
    And with the white background, it makes a big white square that turns at the microphone and it's horrible: (
    And if I let the images of origin, the point is purple and my microphone rather blue. short it will not.

If you want I can put a catch

It's more that I would like to understand what is wrong with my "png" because there must be a difference.
    Ex:
    Original iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)-assistant-mic180.png
    mine iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)-assistant-mic180.png
    Last edited by JhoniPhone4; 07-11-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks

Im not sure but it may be the size of the image is too SMALL. The original comse out to be 42-43 KB while yours is around 10 KB. Maybe add a shadow or something to it, idk but the size could be causing the problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok thank you, I will try.
    If that's it, it's really difficult to customize to wish these images