+ Reply
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Ok so he says he will look into adding it into the code but no update will be pushed out very soon since he just recently did a major update.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so he says he will look into adding it into the code but no update will be pushed out very soon since he just recently did a major update. So im just gonna add the AssistantMic fix into the 1st post on Saturday, i gotta study today and tomorrow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

An addition maybe? Stock iOS 5.1 and 5.0 artwork files?
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 04-29-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks

Alright, i found a nice way to extract ipsw files, i might make a tutorial on that soon too. It'll be up tomorrow or the day after, i have some school work in the way :/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Alright, i found a nice way to extract ipsw files, i might make a tutorial on that soon too. It'll be up tomorrow or the day after, i have some school work in the way :/
    I think I saw the developer of UIKItArtworkExtractor (for Mac) tweet this out on Twitter.

Thanks

Did he? thats good, well the only problem with the ipsw extraction is that it cant be done on windows unless you use vmware or another sort of virtualization software. I dont know why its like but thats how it is, so im not going to be putting up a tutorial for this cuz theres already one up: [Guide] [Windows] How to extract .ipsw's and Decrypt Encrypted rootfs .dmg's - insanelyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I keep getting this error?:
    "Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

CUsers\SHADOWED>chdir \CPython27
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

CUsers\SHADOWED>chdir cPython27

cPython27>python iOS-artwork.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "iOS-artwork.py", line 37, in <module>
    from artwork.artwork_file import ArtworkBinaryFile, WritableArtworkBinaryFil
    e
    ImportError: No module named artwork.artwork_file

cPython27>python iOS-artwork.py export a- \C.artwork files\[email protected]
    d- \CDownloads\.artwork files
    e

cPython27>python iOS-artwork.py export a- \C.artwork files\[email protected]
    d- \CDownloads\.artwork files
    e

cPython27>"
    It would be much appreciated if you could help. Thanks! =D

Thanks

python iOS-artwork.py export a- C:\artwork files\[email protected]
    d- C:\Downloads\.artwork

For that are you trying to go to downloads folder in your user account of is there an actual C:\Downloads? also same with C:\artwork files, is that an actual folder or is it a folder in your user account?

TRY THIS"

python iOS-artwork.py export a- C:\Users\SHADOWED\artwork files\[email protected]
    d- C:\Users\SHADOWED\Downloads\artwork\ <---for this part go to your downloads folder and make a folder called "artwork" and then try this command.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i noticed after reading through all of this, that it seems like this is geared more towards people with Windows. I have Mac OS X Lion and I have Python 2.7.2 installed. Do i need to install PIL? i have only found PIL 1.1.6 for Mac, not PIL 1.1.7. do you have a link for PIL 1.1.7

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did he? thats good, well the only problem with the ipsw extraction is that it cant be done on windows unless you use vmware or another sort of virtualization software. I dont know why its like but thats how it is, so im not going to be putting up a tutorial for this cuz theres already one up: [Guide] [Windows] How to extract .ipsw's and Decrypt Encrypted rootfs .dmg's - insanelyi
    Would you be able to send me a pre-extracted IPSW, I couldn't get it to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

I just extracted my 5.0.1 shared artwork
    Great stuff.

You say the sizes of png files must be the same? Exactly the same? Or just similar?

If I repack the artwork file and then replace it, will my phone work any smoother without winterboard installed?

iKk
    Thanks
    Cheers for the tutorial CrAcKzZZ, its actually really simple once you get the hang of it. Does anyone know of a list of UI elements and what they do on the device? There are a few things I'd like to change but don't know the name of the files.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    Great stuff.

You say the sizes of png files must be the same? Exactly the same? Or just similar?

If I repack the artwork file and then replace it, will my phone work any smoother without winterboard installed?
    Same size and yes it will be faster.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AssistantMic.artwork doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by broodwar View Post
    Hi,

i have an 4S but on 5.1 ( without JB ). We ( 3 Persons ) have a Theme pushed up and there we have taken the png out of the assistantmic.artwork ! In the Moment i can give you some Pictures where you see the modified png's. Siri in GTX comes with the next update of this Theme, soon .

Hier the Link to the Theme
    iPhone Theme | GTX HD Revolution made by KraZy - Seite 59

And here are the picture of themed Siri

Hi, I tried extracting the AssistantMic.artwork and was wondering how you did it because mine says it's not compatible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, I found that you can make your own support files.... I'm currently working on one for AssistantMic.artwork

Green Apple
    Thanks

This has already been done.

@Crackz, any chance you will upload the files to mediafire, because rapidshare has limits for multiple downloads and has slow download times.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post

@Crackz, any chance you will upload the files to mediafire, because rapidshare has limits for multiple downloads and has slow download times.
    Where can I get the support files for AssistantMic.artwork then?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where can I get the download? All of these links are dead and don't work.

Thanks

Would you be able to send me a pre-extracted IPSW, I couldn't get it to work.
    5.0.1? on what iDevice?, Its going to be a big file, but ill get it done, ill upload it to mediafire. and i know it doesnt work on windows but im using vmware, and can get it extracted.

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    Great stuff.

The document size must be the same, not the image itself, hope you get what i mean :P and Thanks i worked hard on it

Quote Originally Posted by iKk View Post
    Cheers for the tutorial CrAcKzZZ, its actually really simple once you get the hang of it. Does anyone know of a list of UI elements and what they do on the device? There are a few things I'd like to change but don't know the name of the files.
    Your welcome and exactly, its quite easy to grasp. About the Ui elements, that list would be pretty long idk any list like that, ill search it up maybe ill find something. Also what would you like to change i could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Healy1818 View Post
    i noticed after reading through all of this, that it seems like this is geared more towards people with Windows. I have Mac OS X Lion and I have Python 2.7.2 installed. Do i need to install PIL? i have only found PIL 1.1.6 for Mac, not PIL 1.1.7. do you have a link for PIL 1.1.7
    Well you require PIL 1.1.7, and i updated the post with a direct link to the download page

Also ill get mediafire links up ASAP, first on my To Do list

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

5.0.1? on what iDevice?, Its going to be a big file, but ill get it done, ill upload it to mediafire. and i know it doesnt work on windows but im using vmware, and can get it extracted.

The document size must be the same, not the image itself, hope you get what i mean :P and Thanks i worked hard on it

Your welcome and exactly, its quite easy to grasp. About the Ui elements, that list would be pretty long idk any list like that, ill search it up maybe ill find something. Also what would you like to change i could help.

Well you require PIL 1.1.7, and i updated the post with a direct link to the download page

Also ill get mediafire links up ASAP, first on my To Do list
    SWEEET!!! Thank you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am running a GSM iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by iKk View Post
    dsg is usually the man you go for, for this kind of help.
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 05-19-2012 at 07:44 AM.