+ Reply
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi, i have an 4S but on 5.1 ( without JB ). We ( 3 Persons ) have a Theme pushed up and there we have taken the png out
    iPhone? More like MyPhone broodwar's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi,

i have an 4S but on 5.1 ( without JB ). We ( 3 Persons ) have a Theme pushed up and there we have taken the png out of the assistantmic.artwork ! In the Moment i can give you some Pictures where you see the modified png's. Siri in GTX comes with the next update of this Theme, soon .

Hier the Link to the Theme
    iPhone Theme | GTX HD Revolution made by KraZy - Seite 59

And here are the picture of themed Siri

2. The Following User Says Thank You to broodwar For This Useful Post:

elementalgodz11 (04-14-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broodwar View Post
    Hi,

i have an 4S but on 5.1 ( without JB ). We ( 3 Persons ) have a Theme pushed up and there we have taken the png out of the assistantmic.artwork ! In the Moment i can give you some Pictures where you see the modified png's
    Thanks, but I am curious, what UISwitch theme is that and how did you replace ON/OFF with 0/1?

Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to broodwar For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Think you could send me the files for both those UISwitches please or name what theme(s) they are.

EDIT: I also like that UISlider
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 04-14-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Thanks

I have to ask one of my partner. He had made the psd for the Switcher. When i have it, i'll back..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to broodwar For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have to ask one of my partner. He had made the psd for the Switcher. When i have it, i'll back..
    I mean the actual png's, can you compile them into a zip.

Also do you know the .rar password for Krazy Radd GTX HD?

Thanks

Do you mean the "Original" png's?
    The PW and Download Link i'd the only one with permission to give it out ;-)

But one thing. The Switcher and Siri comes on the next update in a few weeks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi,

i have an 4S but on 5.1 ( without JB ). We ( 3 Persons ) have a Theme pushed up and there we have taken the png out of the assistantmic.artwork ! In the Moment i can give you some Pictures where you see the modified png's. Siri in GTX comes with the next update of this Theme, soon .

Hier the Link to the Theme
    iPhone Theme | GTX HD Revolution made by KraZy - Seite 59

And here are the picture of themed Siri
    And what UISwitch is this from?

Thanks

This was made by the user who made the Siri Theme. I don't have this Switch. By the way, you have all things to do your own Switch. More Spirit... please ;-)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,213 Times in 1,858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post
    How to extract AssistantMic.artwork from the following location using Windows.

1. SSH into your device and take AssistantMic.artwork from /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

2. Make a folder called Python25 (or whatever) in the C Directory.

3. Drag the files from the attatched zip file into Python25.

4. Open up the iphone-artwork folder and drag AssistantMic.artwork in there.

5. Open up an Elevated Command Prompt and type in "chdir C:/Python25/iphone-artwork" and hit enter.

6. Now make a Folder in CPython25 called "img".

7. Now type "iphone-artwork.py -export AssistantMic.artwork CPython25\img" and press Enter.

8. Now go to CPython25 and open up the image folder and edit any files you wish.

9. Type "iphone-artwork.py -import CPython25\iphone-artwork\AssistantMic.artwork CPython25\img artworkname.artwork" and press enter.

10. artworkname.artwork should now be at "Cpython25\iphone-artwork\artworkname.artwork".

11. Rename artworkname.artwork to AssistantMic.artwork.

11. SSH back to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and replace the modified AssistantMic.artwork with the old one.

Of course you will need Python and PIL as included in Post #1 of this thread.

[b]EDIT: Sorry about Wink Face that should mean ": /" - WITHOUT THE SPACE KEY BETWEEN THE ":" AND THE "/"

I will edit to make this easier to understand, but I am going to make a test one, and I would love for someone to test to see if it works with their iP4S.
    Yes this works, just followed your instructions to do this on my Jailbroken "4S" running iOS 5.0.1 and had to source the "iphone-artwork.py" script from the pineapple link you gave. here is a screen shot of the CMD exporting it and there is 180 PNGs inside. Have not done the repack yet and placed the modded files back into the 4S. Will work on this.

Thanks for the info to do this!iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)-extract-assistantmic-artwork.png
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 04-14-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

elemantalgodz11 could you upload the files needed to extract assistantmic.artwork? Ill add this to the original post, good work

Thanks

@ CrAcKzZZ do you require the AssistantMic.artwork file? I see on the first page of this topic you have the "stock artwork" files to download.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    elemantalgodz11 could you upload the files needed to extract assistantmic.artwork? Ill add this to the original post, good work
    here:
    script.zip

This may even work with other .artwork files like [email protected]k, however I have not been bothered to try it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    @ CrAcKzZZ do you require the AssistantMic.artwork file? I see on the first page of this topic you have the "stock artwork" files to download.
    In addition, it would be good for including the files pre-extracted for people who want to modify straight away.

Thanks

@ elementalgodz11

I could, but I have taken a screenshot, it looks like two images are maybe still encrypted unless they are supposed to be black? looks weird. Have a look, so I could either upload the stock.artwork file or the extracted images? I just created a Mediafire account so I could do this.

iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)-siri.jpg

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    @ elementalgodz11

I could, but I have taken a screenshot, it looks like two images are maybe still encrypted unless they are supposed to be black? looks weird. Have a look, so I could either upload the stock.artwork file or the extracted images? I just created a Mediafire account so I could do this.

Attachment 580331
    May as well upload both:- make a folder called Siri art - inside that put the artwork file and a new folder in the new folder put the extracted images. Then make Siri art a zip folder and upload Siri art.zip to mediafire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post
    May as well upload both:- make a folder called Siri art - inside that put the artwork file and a new folder in the new folder put the extracted images. Then make Siri art a zip folder and upload Siri art.zip to mediafire
    As requested here is the link to download both the SIRI "AssistantMic.artwork" file and also the extracted images, I also included the python script to decrypt the artwork should anyone wish to attempt this...Let me know if there is any issues downloading it.

SIRI - Artwork 5.0.1.rar
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 04-15-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Thanks

Ok, im checking this out myself, ill add it to the main post tomorrow

Thanks

UPDATE: the .artwork extractor by DavePeck has been updated for iOS 5.1 support Mainly the iPad files have been updated and also Shared and Shared@2x artwork files.

ALSO: I updated the Tutorial with AssistantMic download link and Shared~ipad download link and gave credits to people
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 04-16-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    UPDATE: the .artwork extractor by DavePeck has been updated for iOS 5.1 support Mainly the iPad files have been updated and also Shared and Shared@2x artwork files.

ALSO: I updated the Tutorial with AssistantMic download link and Shared~ipad download link and gave credits to people
    Great work on this Tutorial CrAcKzZZ and all the others involved. Helped me to extract my .artwork folders and I'm sure it will help a lot of others too! Thanks also for the credit :-)

Thanks

Yea no problem, im currently discussing something with DavePeck about intergrating the AssitantMic fix into his extractor Lets see how it goes, ill keep you updated.