+ Reply
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ Mhmm, you extracted the entire tidbits folder into the Python installation folder and now that Python cant identify the right files you get that error. The
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Mhmm, you extracted the entire tidbits folder into the Python installation folder and now that Python cant identify the right files you get that error. The link i gave you should have taken you directly to iOS-artwork, but im guessing you were exploring and went and downloaded the full tidbits Tell me how it goes
    Hey yuh I got it sorted just after I did that post, I did post an edit. I didn't have the iosPthyom script in my Python folder I think. All good thanks heaps for your post! I have a MAC as well and seriously I must have spent half a day trying to run Python with no luck. A lot easier on a windows machine. Also can Python be used to extract the PNGs in the iPhone if that IPhoneImageApp can't? I find it struggles to decrypt bigger images or default backgrounds which I'm wanting to modify. Must have spent half day rebuilding the portrait calculator with photoshop and 40 layers...:-o

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I find it struggles to decrypt bigger images or default backgrounds which I'm wanting to modify. Must have spent half day rebuilding the portrait calculator with photoshop and 40 layers...:-o
    The png is crushed, unfortunately I only know how to uncrush using PNG Uncrusher for Windows.

I have no experience with this but for a Mac you could try this:
    Download iPhonePNGApp for Mac - Show/fix png image resources inside an iPhone application. MacUpdate.com

http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=819897

Or alternatively go into iFile, find the image, press the Download Icon to save it to your Photo's. SSH to var/mobile/media/DCIM and find the photo and drag it over.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post
    The png is crushed, unfortunately I only know how to uncrush using PNG Uncrusher for Windows.

I have no experience with this but for a Mac you could try this:
    Download iPhonePNGApp for Mac - Show/fix png image resources inside an iPhone application. MacUpdate.com

MacThemes Forum / Bulk PNG uncrush

Or alternatively go into iFile, find the image, press the Download Icon to save it to your Photo's. SSH to var/mobile/media/DCIM and find the photo and drag it over.
    Thanks heaps for your intel, Im interested in the windows PNG Uncrush as I have a windows and Mac laptops so toggle between the two as need be. Do you find PNG Uncrush decrypts all iPhone PNGs? My Mac version struggles with the larger PNGs as mentioned earlier. Can you tell me a bit more about the Windows version of PNG Uncrush? Does it require a CMD environment or is it more like drop the files or to direct the app to it to decrypt? Where would one source this PNG Uncrush from for Windows. With iFile does it decrypt the images? Haven't used iFile for that. Thanks for the help.

Thanks heaps for your intel, Im interested in the windows PNG Uncrush as I have a windows and Mac laptops so toggle between the two as need be. Do you find PNG Uncrush decrypts all iPhone PNGs? My Mac version struggles with the larger PNGs as mentioned earlier. Can you tell me a bit more about the Windows version of PNG Uncrush? Does it require a CMD environment or is it more like drop the files or to direct the app to it to decrypt? Where would one source this PNG Uncrush from for Windows. With iFile does it decrypt the images? Haven't used iFile for that. Thanks for the help.
    **Actually used iFile to get the PNGs needed** PERFECT!! :-)
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 04-01-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks heaps for your intel, Im interested in the windows PNG Uncrush as I have a windows and Mac laptops so toggle between the two as need be. Do you find PNG Uncrush decrypts all iPhone PNGs? My Mac version struggles with the larger PNGs as mentioned earlier. Can you tell me a bit more about the Windows version of PNG Uncrush? Does it require a CMD environment or is it more like drop the files or to direct the app to it to decrypt? Where would one source this PNG Uncrush from for Windows.
    Even though you've done it via iFile, I will explain how to use PNG Normallizer sorry about getting the name mixed up with Uncrusher.

OK, when downloaded, place ipin.py in the location with all the crushed images and double click the file or run as administrator if double clicking doesn't help.

Sometimes folders with multiple images, large images or images that are too crushed it doesn't work with, but I have only experienced that on one single theme.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can help, just tell me exactly what you need to do, and I'll tell you how i can help
    Any update?

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post
    Any update?
    Yea i just need to upload it somehow, cuz Modmyi upload never works :/ Also, im about to eat, ill upload in 10 mins

EDIT: https://rapidshare.com/files/2947245...help_theme.rar The edits are in there, i was a bit confused tho, didnt know if i should edit a specific one, but tell me if you need it, then ill edit it.
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 04-03-2012 at 08:37 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What is the easiest way to edit png's and be able to keep them the same size and dimensions? I have a copy of photoshop that im learning to use but whenever I edit an image it makes the file size larger. Is that what you mean by keeping the size the same or you just mean the height and width have to match?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I reccomend you use Paint. It's a very useful photo editing application for Windows and Mac. I use it myself and find it very useful you can visit Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (04-07-2012)

Thanks

i find that photoshop is best for quick edits that have to do with transparency and changing colors, like for the battery. Ive never had problems with editing an pngs with photoshop or with file size. It will only be a problem is the file size on disk exceeds the file size of the originial, but that only happens if you do a major edit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Shame this doesn't work for AssistantMic.artwork.

EDIT: Anyone with a Mac that can do this?:
    http://blog.ip1neapple.com/

And send the zip with extracted images.
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 04-09-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks

Elementalgodz how'd my edits work?? And is that your blog?

Green Apple
    Thanks

EDIT: Just figured how to do this on Windows, I will writea tutorial now.

No it isn't my blog.

And for some reason it went all grainy and pixelated, thanks anyway.

If anyone has a jailbroken iPhone 4S please test this out.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Glad ya got it working!
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

AssistantMic.artwork is in 5.1 right? Also, DavePeck said " I will probably add support for this down the road" and this was 2 months ago, so im guessing hes working on it

Green Apple
    Thanks

How to extract AssistantMic.artwork from the following location using Windows.

1. SSH into your device and take AssistantMic.artwork from /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

2. Make a folder called Python25 (or whatever) in the C Directory.

3. Drag the files from the attatched zip file into Python25.

4. Open up the iphone-artwork folder and drag AssistantMic.artwork in there.

5. Open up an Elevated Command Prompt and type in
    Code:
    chdir C:/Python25/iphone-artwork
    and hit enter.

6. Now make a Folder in CPython25 called "img".

7. Now type
    Code:
    iphone-artwork.py -export AssistantMic.artwork C:\Python25\img
    and press Enter.

8. Now go to CPython25 and open up the image folder and edit any files you wish.

9. Type
    Code:
    iphone-artwork.py -import C:\Python25\iphone-artwork\AssistantMic.artwork C:\Python25\img artworkname.artwork
    and press enter.

10. artworkname.artwork should now be at
    Code:
    C:\python25\iphone-artwork\artworkname.artwork

11. Rename artworkname.artwork to AssistantMic.artwork.

11. SSH back to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and replace the modified AssistantMic.artwork with the old one.

Of course you will need Python and PIL as included in Post #1 of this thread.

I will edit to make this easier to understand, but I am going to make a test one, and I would love for someone to test to see if it works with their iP4S.
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 04-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to elementalgodz11 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (04-14-2012)

Thanks

Im assuming that assistantmic.artwork is on 5.1 and only for iPhone 4S, unless you use spire i guess :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im assuming that assistantmic.artwork is on 5.1 and only for iPhone 4S, unless you use spire i guess :P
    Surely it would be on iOS 5.0.1 too and yes only for iP4S

Thanks

ok i dont think its on 5.0.1, but i dont know cuz i dont have a 4S

iPhone? More like MyPhone broodwar's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guy's!

Here are the Png of assistantmic.artwork

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26969504/***...Mic_Bilder.rar

Have a good day....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broodwar View Post
    Hey guy's!

Here are the Png of assistantmic.artwork

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26969504/***...Mic_Bilder.rar

Have a good day....
    I'm assuming you have a jailbroken iPhone 4S, could you test out some modified PNG's and see if it changes anything?