+ Reply
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Cool Danny, thanks for that, seems like its a byte alignment issue or Hex editing with the Opaque files & hopefully an easy fix. I'll add that UIPasscode file to
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,667 Times in 1,958 Posts

Cool Danny, thanks for that, seems like its a byte alignment issue or Hex editing with the Opaque files & hopefully an easy fix. I'll add that UIPasscode file to the list. Really need this resolved IMO.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok, I've been holding off asking this for a while but has anyone had this issue when recompiling their own [email protected]/w file?

I have been slowly building my own set of [email protected]k pngs for use without WB & to be ultimately recompiled as a [email protected]k file.

The problem I have found is, [email protected] & all of the UIOpaque "bar" images (about 9) appear "black & white" & washed out when viewed in Cydia/iFile & also in selected apps when using your iDevice.

At first I thought this was TintOverlay issue but when I extracted my modded [email protected]k those 10 images were destructively modified to be the black & white I was talking about. This makes me think the extractor tool is possibly not a 100% in sync with how it should be when recompiling.

Has anyone else found this issue also? It makes me think that ALL modders who recompile their [email protected]/w will be experiencing the same issues.

I have let Dave Peck know and he is looking into it but no word as of yet.

Keen to hear your feedback
    Ok guys, heard from Dave Peck in regards to the issue with Opaque UIBar issues.

Sounds like the extractor/recompiling tool is obeying how the iOS would expect the files - that being the black/white they are.

With those Opaque files that are "gray-scaled" he is prepared to offer the ability of adding color files options to the tool in a Beta build.

Here is what he said below:

Howdy,

It looks like, in the original .artwork files, those images are grayscale. So my artwork tool expects that the images you give me will also be grayscale; otherwise, the final .artwork file that you create won't match iOS's expectations.

I suspect iOS will blow up in some exciting ways if I allow you to break this constraint, but I'm happy to add the ability to "break the rules" and use color images where iOS originally had grayscale... if you'd like to try it. ;-)

Cheers,
    Dave

So I signed on and said Dave let's do this! Will report back on how it goes!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-25-2013), CrAcKzZZ (05-05-2013), DannyZ83 (04-25-2013), King_O_Hill (04-25-2013), Lobi_Earl (05-06-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,134 Times in 6,260 Posts

Ok guys, heard from Dave Peck in regards to the issue with Opaque UIBar issues.

Sounds like the extractor/recompiling tool is obeying how the iOS would expect the files - that being the black/white they are.

With those Opaque files that are "gray-scaled" he is prepared to offer the ability of adding color files options to the tool in a Beta build.

Here is what he said below:

Howdy,

It looks like, in the original .artwork files, those images are grayscale. So my artwork tool expects that the images you give me will also be grayscale; otherwise, the final .artwork file that you create won't match iOS's expectations.

I suspect iOS will blow up in some exciting ways if I allow you to break this constraint, but I'm happy to add the ability to "break the rules" and use color images where iOS originally had grayscale... if you'd like to try it. ;-)

Cheers,
    Dave

So I signed on and said Dave let's do this! Will report back on how it goes!
    Jato, you are a brave soul!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (04-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Jato, you are a brave soul!
    U reckon it could make the iOS super unhappy? :-o might try it on my iPad first!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-25-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,134 Times in 6,260 Posts

U reckon it could make the iOS super unhappy? :-o might try it on my iPad first!
    My first instinct is that iOS will accept it just fine.

I have an iph4 test phone if you want me to test it? Don't worry, I have a 4s test phone too!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-25-2013), CrAcKzZZ (05-05-2013), Jato_BZ (04-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    My first instinct is that iOS will accept it just fine.

I have an iph4 test phone if you want me to test it? Don't worry, I have a 4s test phone too!
    My thoughts too. Yuh that might be the go bruv. When I have the new artwork file with the color Opaque UI Bars ill let u know!

Thanks King! 👊

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-25-2013), King_O_Hill (04-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

So how'd this new tool turn out, any luck with it?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-05-2013), Jato_BZ (05-05-2013), King_O_Hill (05-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    So how'd this new tool turn out, any luck with it?
    No word from Dave, I've just left him to it. I try not to pester/pressure him too much. When I know CrAcKzZZ ill be sure to post. Going to test with King first before applying to my 5. My thoughts are it should be fine as WB themes those files with no issues.

How u been anyway dude? Longtime no speak!?!?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-05-2013), King_O_Hill (05-05-2013)

Thanks

No word from Dave, I've just left him to it. I try not to pester/pressure him too much. When I know CrAcKzZZ ill be sure to post. Going to test with King first before applying to my 5. My thoughts are it should be fine as WB themes those files with no issues.

How u been anyway dude? Longtime no speak!?!?
    Cool, sounds like a nice way to spice up iOS He's a busy guy, probably isn't one of his priorities right now. Yea testing it on another device is the way to go, you don't want to get your iPhone messed up again.

Everything's good, pretty busy with school work so my tweaking around has been on the low, just waiting for summer vacation to come Then I'll be going all in. What about you, how are things in NZ?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-06-2013), Jato_BZ (05-06-2013)

Thanks

Cool, sounds like a nice way to spice up iOS He's a busy guy, probably isn't one of his priorities right now. Yea testing it on another device is the way to go, you don't want to get your iPhone messed up again.

Everything's good, pretty busy with school work so my tweaking around has been on the low, just waiting for summer vacation to come Then I'll be going all in. What about you, how are things in NZ?
    Yuh those were his words! Yip especially in Cydia/iFile even Photos & the iOS flashes the Black_Base.png quite a lot as well so it would be good to get those images colorised instead of Grayscaled! Mucks up the flow with ya theme!

EDIT: Meant to say I asked Dave anyways about the color inclusion into the artwork tool & he just said it would take time. I'm surprised he continues to maintain it in some ways! Awful lot of work for no reward for himself? :-o

No def not! If it did I'd probably quit to be honest! :-o

Nice man! Are u going to work on your own theme or get into tweak Dev?

Yuh all good hear bud, just chipping away on my own [email protected]k file. Almost ready to rollout Alpha build # 2. Will be up to png 430 only 800 to go... >
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 05-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-06-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Yuh those were his words! Yip especially in Cydia/iFile even Photos & the iOS flashes the Black_Base.png quite a lot as well so it would be good to get those images colorised instead of Grayscaled! Mucks up the flow with ya theme!

EDIT: Meant to say I asked Dave anyways about the color inclusion into the artwork tool & he just said it would take time. I'm surprised he continues to maintain it in some ways! Awful lot of work for no reward for himself? :-o

No def not! If it did I'd probably quit to be honest! :-o

Nice man! Are u going to work on your own theme or get into tweak Dev?

Yuh all good hear bud, just chipping away on my own [email protected]k file. Almost ready to rollout Alpha build # 2. Will be up to png 430 only 800 to go... >
    I remember the last time i screwed up my device i stopped using it for a long as time keeping it on stock because i didn't know what to even put back on.

Probably not working on my own theme, most likely making my own tweak, all i know is that im definitely gonna be change things up. Maybe ill do another like hybrid theme, lol right now im not sure.

Well thats still progress, making each png different is no simple job lol, maybe thats why Apple hasn't changed how iOS look in a long time

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (05-08-2013), King_O_Hill (05-08-2013)

Thanks

I remember the last time i screwed up my device i stopped using it for a long as time keeping it on stock because i didn't know what to even put back on.

Probably not working on my own theme, most likely making my own tweak, all i know is that im definitely gonna be change things up. Maybe ill do another like hybrid theme, lol right now im not sure.

Well thats still progress, making each png different is no simple job lol, maybe thats why Apple hasn't changed how iOS look in a long time
    Can definitely understand your reasoning! Nice man I like the sound of this! Tweak Dev is always a gd area to move into IMO! Keep me posted!
    Well you're right there bud! Depending on what you are trying to achieve too!

Functional vs aesthetics

The list goes on!

NB: I have been speaking with Dave Peck & am working on the iconCache artwork file with him. He still hasn't incorporated the extraction of this file into his artwork tool which I think is necessary. I know we have both spoken to him about it but I thought he was actually working on providing support. Turns out he hasn't so hopefully that & the UIBar grayscale issue can be addressed in a future build before iOS 7 is out!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 05-09-2013 at 02:29 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-08-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013), Sk37cH (05-08-2013)

Thanks

Ok quick update guys: I submitted my final findings for the iconCache.artwork to Dave Peck & he has replied that he hopes to test/apply this to his artwork extraction tool along with the Grayscale fix THIS weekend!

Basically I supplied him with ALL (30) the Settings icons I believe are in that iconCache file with the correct names. So an "extracted" iconCache lot of pngs in a sense along with the "Settings.plist" & iconCache artwork file.

Fingers crossed guys!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013), CrAcKzZZ (05-11-2013), DannyZ83 (05-09-2013), King_O_Hill (05-09-2013), MrBozack (05-11-2013), Sk37cH (05-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bulldog5278's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,064 Posts

Can someone help?when I open my settings app there are no images next to words?how can I fix this please?tia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    Can someone help?when I open my settings app there are no images next to words?how can I fix this please?tia
    Did you have trouble with your Jailbreak? Does the "Do Not Disturb" icon display? That file isn't apart of the iconCache.artwork which we have been talking about.These files are all located in the "Preferences.app"

/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-15-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Yes my do not disturb shows,but no others?all my artwork seems ok?and yes had jb probs got stuck on boot up,so I used evasi0n to boot me up,and everything else is fine just that?dont know how to get them to show up again,

Thanks

Last edited by Jato_BZ; 05-15-2013 at 01:39 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Where do I find this iconcache.artwork file I'm in preference.app what am I looking for?as there is loads of stuff in there lol

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yep all my jb icons showing up just fine,my pic is the same as yours with just the do not disturb icon