+ Reply
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill It's Vista, nothing surprises me! I can only speculate!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's Vista, nothing surprises me!
    I can only speculate!!!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (02-28-2013)

Thanks

I want to ask someone to make a transparent statusbar for iPhone5 iOS 6.1.2.
    BMW is passion, BMW is the diagnosis?
    http://gpowere36.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 1,697 Posts

I'm sorry to have to ask, because I'm almost sure I saw a solution to this somewhere. I've extracted the artwork file, and its been invaluable in giving me a template to work from for each image. I use iFile and WinSCP for file manipulation, but I can't copy the contents of other directories for the apple native apps. I get blank images no matter which method I use. Once again, I apologize, but I can't seem to find the answer. I'd seen someone mentioned it at one stage, but I lost the bookmark, and now can't find the solution. Thank you.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-28-2013), Jato_BZ (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GPowere36 View Post
    I want to ask someone to make a transparent statusbar for iPhone5 iOS 6.1.2.
    This isn't a request thread. Ask in the skinning/themes area please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I'm sorry to have to ask, because I'm almost sure I saw a solution to this somewhere. I've extracted the artwork file, and its been invaluable in giving me a template to work from for each image. I use iFile and WinSCP for file manipulation, but I can't copy the contents of other directories for the apple native apps. I get blank images no matter which method I use. Once again, I apologize, but I can't seem to find the answer. I'd seen someone mentioned it at one stage, but I lost the bookmark, and now can't find the solution. Thank you.
    Have you tried using iFunbox? It lets you copy entire folder contents from your iDevice to your nominated destination decrypted and ready to use.

It's the best if you ask me. PC & Mac too! U use it like iTunes with the plugin cord and browse your iDevice like explorer on Windows.

Really simple!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-28-2013 at 12:40 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-28-2013), CrAcKzZZ (02-28-2013), Sk37cH (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Excuse me, I asked for a modified .artwork file. Excuse me if I really do not want this topic to ask you to give me a link to the application.
    BMW is passion, BMW is the diagnosis?
    http://gpowere36.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GPowere36 View Post
    Excuse me, I asked for a modified .artwork file. Excuse me if I really do not want this topic to ask you to give me a link to the application.
    Why wouldn't you ask in the skinning and themes discussion area? This thread is geared towards a tutorial on extracting and recompiling artwork files.

If you had read the first post you could have probably done that yourself.

Most of us here did, plus you didn't clarify. One could assume from your post that you were just after transparent status bar images perhaps for a WinterBoard theme.

Easy just make them in Photoshop or Gimp.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Have you tried using iFunbox? It lets you copy entire folder contents from your iDevice to your nominated destination decrypted and ready to use.
    Nope...but I will now. I had a feeling I needed the "copy decrypted" option. I thought I read it was in winSCP, but I couldn't find an option. Thank you my friend, for that advice.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 02-28-2013 at 02:16 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-28-2013), Jato_BZ (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Updated post 279 or iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial) with the full fix last night with the solution to a weird troubleshooting problem that some users may experience.

Hope it can help others is the idea.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-28-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys it's been a long time since I've been on, S/O to Jato_BZ for helping out with the thread. Btw requests to create modified files won't be accepted. I'm sorry but i really don't have the time to do that but support for the extracting and importing progress will be given and I'll try to keep up with things now.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-01-2013), Jato_BZ (02-28-2013), King_O_Hill (02-28-2013), Sk37cH (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Hey guys it's been a long time since I've been on, S/O to Jato_BZ for helping out with the thread. Btw requests to create modified files won't be accepted. I'm sorry but i really don't have the time to do that but support for the extracting and importing progress will be given and I'll try to keep up with things now.
    Great to see you back!!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-01-2013), CrAcKzZZ (02-28-2013), Sk37cH (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Some News:

Tomorrow before 10 PM UTC -5 I'll have Stock iOS 6.1.2 Files up, I'll keep everyone informed, it's great to be back!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-01-2013), broodwar (03-01-2013), DannyZ83 (02-28-2013), Jato_BZ (02-28-2013), King_O_Hill (02-28-2013), Sk37cH (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Second Update, files will be up tomorrow, sorry about the delay, iOS 6 really did change something and I'm still figuring things out.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013), Jato_BZ (03-02-2013), King_O_Hill (03-01-2013)

Thanks

Second Update, files will be up tomorrow, sorry about the delay, iOS 6 really did change something and I'm still figuring things out.
    I've haven't done any mods for quite a while so haven't been here, but now just updated to ios 6.1.2 after seeing the warnings in cydia that the next update won't be jailbreak-able.
    the [email protected]k file in ios6 is definitely different than ios5, but still very similar. There are no more colored statusbar icons, just WhiteOnBlackEtc and WhiteOnBlackShadow.
    WhiteOnBlackEtc affects the statusbar icons in all cases except the pull-down screen which is affected by WhiteOnBlackShadow files.
    So far that is all I have done on ios6, but I will keep exploring and report back

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkyTech For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013), CrAcKzZZ (03-02-2013)

Thanks

I'm about to put up iPhone 4 .artwork files, 4 i believe but i need to figure you why vfdecrypt isnt working, then fix it, and then ill upload the .artwork files for everything else

UPDATE: Some stock iOS 6.1.2 Files are up, (Shared@2x, GameKit@2x) WOOOHOOO

UPDATE 2: After some searching around i found out that VFDecrypt does not work on iOS 6.1, so a Mac is required to extract the IPSW files. This means i won't be able to take .artwork files out of ipsw's. Put .artwork files can still be taken from the actual device itself. So anyone with an iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 or iPad Mini who is on iOS 6.1.2 and is willing to take out 5-10 minutes and help me, please reply to this topic and tell me. I just need a couple .artwork files.
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 03-04-2013 at 06:37 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

Thanks

CrAcKzZZ

I have been updating the 6X thread and have managed to work out that [email protected] located within the Preferences app also contains majority of the "Settings" icons (about 25-30 icons). If you open up the Settings.plist in there and have a gd look, it references the iconCache artwork & also when I renamed it the icons were no longer visible.

I talked to Dave Peck who didn't initially realize what was within the iconCache artwork file as the extractor tool doesn't support it.

I let Dave know and hopefully if he updates the extractor tool, support can be given for that artwork file and also the iPad Mini AssistantMic "@1x" artwork file.

BTW...keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2013), burrzoo (03-14-2013), CrAcKzZZ (03-06-2013), nienque (03-07-2013), ziri (03-06-2013)

Thanks

LOL that's exactly what i told him, i emailed the guy and said my guess is that they're settings icons since i found that iconCache file in the Preferences.app. What I'm thinking is that if the iconCache file only contains those icons then its good, but its possible theres other icons (which i doubt). Since this is pretty new it might take Dave some time to figure it completely and get it working with but lets hope for the best.

Oh and doesn't winterboard theme Settings icons? if it does then iconCache is already been figured out, but if not then it might be harder to extract then I'm thinking.

iPad Mini support would be nice too, it'd be the complete set of .artwork files. And thanks bud, you've been a big help.

Check out All of those iOS 6.1.2 .artwork files!!!
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 03-06-2013 at 07:10 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2013), Jato_BZ (03-06-2013)

Thanks

LOL that's exactly what i told him, i emailed the guy and said my guess is that they're settings icons since i found that iconCache file in the Preferences.app. What I'm thinking is that if the iconCache file only contains those icons then its good, but its possible theres other icons (which i doubt). Since this is pretty new it might take Dave some time to figure it completely and get it working with but lets hope for the best.

Oh and doesn't winterboard theme Settings icons? if it does then iconCache is already been figured out, but if not then it might be harder to extract then I'm thinking.

iPad Mini support would be nice too, it'd be the complete set of .artwork files. And thanks bud, you've been a big help.
    That is CLASSIC indeed! Lol yuh I think it's def just the settings ones. If you check the Settings.plist it makes reference to iconCache etc and the icons, labels (how they are displayed in the Settings menu) & the icon name.

Ha Dave was tripping out when I sent him a screenshot from within iFile of the Settings.plist referencing the iconCache. He was like what's that app you're using there? Is it publicly sourced code...I was like no Dave...it's iFile...a jailbreak tweak from Cydia!

Yuh WB themes those icons no issues. But I doubt a manual themer would have without being able to recompile the artwork is my thoughts.

Happy to help out where I can!

***Also shouldn't this thread be Stickied? That's my thoughts...
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-06-2013 at 07:15 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Well its good that theming those icons works with winterboard because that means Saurik has figured out about the iconCache file, if Dave doesn't understand it maybe saurik can help? He probably will though, i mean this likely isn't something very big for him.

Should the thread be stickied? well that'd be pretty sweet but i thought only threads created by admins were stickied, I'm probably wrong.

Thanks

Well its good that theming those icons works with winterboard because that means Saurik has figured out about the iconCache file, if Dave doesn't understand it maybe saurik can help? He probably will though, i mean this likely isn't something very big for him.

Should the thread be stickied? well that'd be pretty sweet but i thought only threads created by admins were stickied, I'm probably wrong.
    Yuh exactly. I'm sure Dave will sort it. Really it's 58x58 pixel images and should be fairly easy to hex edit that.

Nope as my 6X thread was Stickied! No Admin/MOD status here!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2013)