Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok so it's an issue with the Jaku icons if you can recompile the original extracted images. So ALL Jaku icons are definitely the same size dimensionally?

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that the images may need to be the same file size too.

I will check, those Jaku icons are highly detailed too aren't they? So they possibly could be bigger causing a compiling issue.

Will come back to you.
    The dimensions are good, yeah. And yes, they have a lot of detail, so some images are twice the file size... They could be compressed I guess, but that would cause quality losses and there's no point in that...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ziri For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziri View Post
    The dimensions are good, yeah. And yes, they have a lot of detail, so some images are twice the file size... They could be compressed I guess, but that would cause quality losses and there's no point in that...
    Dave Peck has come back to me with no extra information.

It has to be an issue with the Jaku icons which were probably never intended to be recompiled as Shared artwork.

All I can offer is to just to try one Jaku icon in the Shared artwork png directory and try and recompile. If it fails to import u know it's to do with the Jaku icons.

Could be bit related too but that's just a guess...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2013)

I got this from the Jaku thread here on ModMyI:

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    I've done it many times and jaku's uiimages are done to apples exact specifications. Most other themes are not. Your cmd prompt or terminal should tell you which files are clashing and its always due to the image dimensions never the image file size. Google it and keep at it :-)
    Word from the author of Jaku:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Yup yup. Not that I checked out every theme out there, but I dare say that Jaku is the likely the ONLY one you can compile using Dave's artwork extractor. I was very mindful of that. No image in UIKit should be giving anyone any problems.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ziri For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2013)

From what I gathered Lokheed doesn't use WinterBoard himself.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-23-2013)

Ahh sorry for asking guys but I've spent hours on this and still haven't gotten it to work. I've adjusted the environmental settings and downloaded the newest davepeck program from his site (that has ios6 support) for use with my ipod touch 5g. I put in Python 2.7.2.5 and Pil 1.1.7.

I then ended up trying MilkyTech's tutorial since it seemed pretty straight forward but when I go to the extraction part it always says "cpython27 is not recognized as an internal or external command". I thought this had to do with the environmental settings but I already added the necessary part.

I actually only want to do this to change the battery design to the "line" design (I'm sure many of you have seen it online). If anyone could just edit the artwork for ios6 for me as well, that'd be good too since I can't even get the artwork files to extract..

Any help guys? Thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thygriever For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thygriever View Post
    Ahh sorry for asking guys but I've spent hours on this and still haven't gotten it to work. I've adjusted the environmental settings and downloaded the newest davepeck program from his site (that has ios6 support) for use with my ipod touch 5g. I put in Python 2.7.2.5 and Pil 1.1.7.

I then ended up trying MilkyTech's tutorial since it seemed pretty straight forward but when I go to the extraction part it always says "cpython27 is not recognized as an internal or external command". I thought this had to do with the environmental settings but I already added the necessary part.

I actually only want to do this to change the battery design to the "line" design (I'm sure many of you have seen it online). If anyone could just edit the artwork for ios6 for me as well, that'd be good too since I can't even get the artwork files to extract..

Any help guys? Thanks!
    Hmm is that the name of the folder where Python is installed to?

Mines called Python273 and is located on my C drive. My artwork files are inside the Python273 folder as is my extract folder called "Extract"

So CPython273\[email protected] (path to a/w file) & then CPython273\Extract (path to my folder for the extracted images to be placed in.

Then it's just the iOS-artwork.py (python script) at the start "export" bits and the -a or -d bits

Does that make sense?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2013), thygriever (02-24-2013)

Hey Jato thanks for the help. Actually it looks like one of my command inputs was wrong (I copied and pasted and it put in the directory name twice). And I realized it after looking at you directions with separate names. Thanks!

However, apparently it hit another bump... after I execute the proper command it says:
    Code:
    c:\Python27>iOS-artwork.py export -a \Python27\orig\[email protected] -d \Python
    27\extract@2x
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Python27\iOS-artwork.py", line 37, in <module>
        from artwork.artwork_file import ArtworkBinaryFile, WritableArtworkBinaryFil
    e
    ImportError: cannot import name ArtworkBinaryFile
    (I put the artwork file into the "orig" folder like one of the posters earlier did and am extracting them to the "extract@2x" folder I created.) Did I input anything wrong? Sorry, I'm very very basic at doing code. I almost never touch it..

Also try python version 2.7.3

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2013), Jato_BZ (02-24-2013), thygriever (02-25-2013)

Thanks

Hey Jato thanks for the help. Actually it looks like one of my command inputs was wrong (I copied and pasted and it put in the directory name twice). And I realized it after looking at you directions with separate names. Thanks!

However, apparently it hit another bump... after I execute the proper command it says:
    Code:
    c:\Python27>iOS-artwork.py export -a \Python27\orig\[email protected] -d \Python
    27\extract@2x
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Python27\iOS-artwork.py", line 37, in <module>
        from artwork.artwork_file import ArtworkBinaryFile, WritableArtworkBinaryFil
    e
    ImportError: cannot import name ArtworkBinaryFile
    (I put the artwork file into the "orig" folder like one of the posters earlier did and am extracting them to the "extract@2x" folder I created.) Did I input anything wrong? Sorry, I'm very very basic at doing code. I almost never touch it..
    Yip one thing I can see us you missed the root directory for each "path to Shared file" and "path to extract" Or other words "C:" bits.

That's IF you have typed everything into this post as per how you typed it in to CMD.

Try

iOS-artwork.py export -a
    cPython27\orig\[email protected] -d cPython
    27\extract@2x

See if that helps.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2013), thygriever (02-25-2013)

Thanks for the replies Jato. Actually looking at the way you fixed it made a lot of sense however I did the edits and got the same message. I was crossing my fingers hoping it'd work this time but unfortunately that error won't go away. I wish I understood code better so I could figure out exactly what it meant.

I put in 2.7.3 as King_O_Hill suggested to see if that'd work but no change.

Anyhow thanks for the help guys. I feel like I'm inducing you guys headaches by asking so maybe I'll give this a rest for now. I guess me and the battery icon were never meant to be

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thygriever For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies Jato. Actually looking at the way you fixed it made a lot of sense however I did the edits and got the same message. I was crossing my fingers hoping it'd work this time but unfortunately that error won't go away. I wish I understood code better so I could figure out exactly what it meant.

Anyhow thanks for the help guys. I feel like I'm inducing you guys headaches by asking so maybe I'll give this a rest for now. I guess me and the battery icon were never meant to be
    All good happy to help. But I haven't helped in this sense! Going to see if I can replicate your issue. My thoughts are, if the code is right and you have everything where it's supposed to be, maybe it's to do with the extractor tool files.

I'm not a coder at all. I'm
    Lucky I have a few screenshots of when it did extract that I refer to!

Handy!!

Will let u know how I go!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2013)

Thanks

I had a go at this, I got really similar errors if the supported Dave Peck artwork files were not in the right places.

You need to make sure that when you extracted the Dave Peck iOS-artwork zip that it extracted into your Python27 folder.

The extracted contents are

/artwork folder (contains 6 python scripts)
    /legacy_metadata folder (contains 34 JSON files
    /.gitignore (file)
    /generate-legacy-metadata.py (python script)
    /iOS-artwork.py (MAIN python script)
    /README.md
    /requirements.txt

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361870701.712397.jpg

These files and folders should be just sitting inside your Python27 folder as I have named them.

Double check they all match

If need be I'll post the DavePeck iOS artwork files for you.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2013)

Hey you all hardcore themers👋

I was wondering whether sshing is the only file browsing method compatible with theming [email protected]k without Saurik's tweak.

I mainly browse in my phone files using iFile, whether on device or from the Mac's web browser (using iFile's built-in distant Wi-Fi access feature).

Would that suffice ? Cause I never ssh'd and I'd like that extraction/compilation to be the simplest as possible as I'm already not comfortable with Terminal commands and would better reduce the stress load lol.

Thank you !

This thread is so handy and the support Jato (and Dave Peck distantly) provide/s is outstanding.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Hey you all hardcore themers👋

I was wondering whether sshing is the only file browsing method compatible with theming [email protected]k without Saurik's tweak.

I mainly browse in my phone files using iFile, whether on device or from the Mac's web browser (using iFile's built-in distant Wi-Fi access feature).

Would that suffice ? Cause I never ssh'd and I'd like that extraction/compilation to be the simplest as possible as I'm already not comfortable with Terminal commands and would better reduce the stress load lol.

Thank you !

This thread is so handy and the support Jato (and Dave Peck distantly) provide/s is outstanding.
    Hey Alfroggy!!!

I do not use OpenSSH or SBSettings at all!!

I also use iFile for browsing on the phone.

My WiFi is a bit intermittent and I've had issues in the past where pushing files from my Mac to my phone caused errors when the WiFi dropped. PLUS also the fact that you need to gain access via passwords etc.

Last year I started using iFunbox. I use it both on Windows & Mac with no issues at all. Basically it let's you browse your iDevice like you do via Windows explorer.

It has drop & drag characteristics similar to Windows Explorer. Makes it super quick & handy IMO.

Thank you for the props!! CrAckzZ has made this an awesome thread & I'm just helping out where I can!

Yip Dave Peck is a gd guy! No updates from him tho lately! Moreso to do with the iPadmini SIRI file :-(

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2013), King_O_Hill (02-26-2013)

Thanks Jato. I shall give it another try this weekend at latest

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Thanks Jato. I shall give it another try this weekend at latest
    Yip any issues let us know! I'm sure we can help! Good luck!!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2013), King_O_Hill (02-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Yip any issues let us know! I'm sure we can help! Good luck!!
    Hey dude. I extracted my files just fine but when I attempt to recompile the artwork it takes me to the help screen instead of initiating the process. I have double checked and my directories and names are correct, and it extracted just fine so the right files must be there in the python directory. Any idea what Im doing wrong?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to iKk For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKk View Post
    Hey dude. I extracted my files just fine but when I attempt to recompile the artwork it takes me to the help screen instead of initiating the process. I have double checked and my directories and names are correct, and it extracted just fine so the right files must be there in the python directory. Any idea what Im doing wrong?
    Can u post a screenshot of the CMD/Terminal window of the commands you have entered?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-27-2013)

Thanks

Hi Guys

I have been working behind the scenes on a troubleshooting issue with another MMi forum member that I think could be beneficial to all that read this thread.

This was a rather rare problem, one I certainly havent encountered before but with Dave Peck's help we managed to resolve the issue.

The platform is Windows Vista 32 bit running Python 2.7.3, PIL 1.1.7 and the davepeck-iOS-artwork extractor kit

Python was installed to the Desktop (mine is CPython273)

Even with the correct chdir commands and right inputted code into CMD it would kick out iOS-artwork.py "command" error.

See as per below

-img_2366.png

So I emailed Dave Peck as to me it seemed fine

He came back with possibly to take out the space between "Python 27" so to rename it as "Python27" and to also put quotes around the path's.

Or as below

-img_2371b.png

Nice one Dave!

After that, it EXTRACTED the artwork file!!! Here is a screenshot of the CMD window before it was extracted, Ive never seen it expresed like this so maybe something to be aware of if you face these issues.

-img_2373.png

Also here is a pic of all the windows for reference should you need it!

-img_2372.png

Thanks to Benny for sharing the files so we can all benefit from this issue!

***RESOLVED***
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-28-2013 at 02:14 AM.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-28-2013)

It's Vista, nothing surprises me!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

39. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-27-2013)

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast