Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 996

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

  1. #241
    Ok so after a long time trying to figure thi out im still hveing issues with it not finding the artwork extractor :/ using latest version of python can someone help?i cant find python 2.7 either only 2.7.3

  2. #242
    Has anyone tried extracting the AssistantMic.artwork file on the iPad Mini?

  3. #243
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Has anyone tried extracting the AssistantMic.artwork file on the iPad Mini?
    Can't be done yet. I have spoken to Dave Peck and forwarded it to him and waiting for a response.

    Will keep u posted when I hear back.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Ok so after a long time trying to figure thi out im still hveing issues with it not finding the artwork extractor :/ using latest version of python can someone help?i cant find python 2.7 either only 2.7.3
    Mac or PC? 2.7.3 is all gd
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013), Jahooba (02-14-2013)

  5. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Can't be done yet. I have spoken to Dave Peck and forwarded it to him and waiting for a response.

    Will keep u posted when I hear back.

    Awesome, thank you. I'll be watching this thread and your Twitter feed, so post to either and I'll likely see it

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-16-2013), Jato_BZ (02-14-2013)

  7. #245
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Awesome, thank you. I'll be watching this thread and your Twitter feed, so post to either and I'll likely see it
    Sounds gd! When I know you will know! 👊
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-16-2013)

  9. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Can't be done yet. I have spoken to Dave Peck and forwarded it to him and waiting for a response.

    Will keep u posted when I hear back.



    Mac or PC? 2.7.3 is all gd
    Pc bro and really?hmm ill have to go get 2.7.3 then!ill try that and come back with the results thanks for the response

  10. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    CrAcKzZZ has done a fantastic job!!
    Absolutely.
    Thx for your thx ;D

  11. #248
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Pc bro and really?hmm ill have to go get 2.7.3 then!ill try that and come back with the results thanks for the response
    Yip 2.7.3 works like a charm! Here is a 2.7.3 download link check here

    Download Python

    Install Python first, then get the PIL imaging Library and then lastly get the extractor kit that Dave Peck made to run the scripts files needed to extract the artwork.

    Post 1 explains all you need to do!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-16-2013), King_O_Hill (02-15-2013)

  13. #249

  14. #250
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-15-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-16-2013), Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

  16. #251
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Trelleborg, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have changed that image, but still my drop down image is the boring gray color

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This answers one of your questions:

    iOS6x Theme GUIDE

  17. #252
    Try BulletinListLinen@2x in com.apple.springboard.

    In your phone that's System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app

    The image is 1136x1136 on iPhone 5 and 960x960 on iPhone 4

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-16-2013), Conny Ahlgren (02-15-2013), Jato_BZ (02-15-2013)

  19. #253
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Trelleborg, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks! that did the trick

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Try BulletinListLinen@2x in com.apple.springboard.

    In your phone that's System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app

    The image is 1136x1136 on iPhone 5 and 960x960 on iPhone 4

  20. #254
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Ok so If you have tried to extract the iPad mini Assistant artwork file "AssistantMic-163r@1x~ipad.artwork" you will get an error MSG saying this tool does not support this file.

    Have been in touch with Dave Peck and he is looking into it. His words were "I'll try and update but it seems tricky"

    ***UPDATE***
    Dave has emailed me and said that its going to take some time as the the correct binary libraries are not available in the 6.1 SDK so he is going to wing it so to speak to try and extract the a/w file. Apparently from what he has said "AssistantMic-163r@1x~ipad.artwork" is an "old style" type graphics file which requires additional "associated framework binaries" to figure out the indexes and offsets. So at this stage there is no support for it but he plans to try and crack the a/w file and will advise accordingly

    I guess everyone can read into that how they like.

    Let's hope he can work out the relevant HEX editors to extract the iPad mini SIRI a/w.

    My thoughts are, the iPad mini retina can't come soon enough as it will (or should) share the same [email protected]/w file as the retina iPad which shares the same SIRI a/w file as the iPhone 4S/5...

    Quote Originally Posted by Conny Ahlgren View Post
    Thanks! that did the trick
    Glad to hear u resolved ur issue, but in future please keep posts in this thread relevant as this thread is dedicated to the extraction and recompiling of artwork files.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-15-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Update email from Dave Peck
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-16-2013)

  22. #255
    Anyone know why I am getting this error when trying to create a new artwork file?

    Btw, I did go through the entire tutorial and the part about the .bash_script didn't work for me, but I still got to extract the artwork with no problem... Could that be an issue now?

    Thanks!

    Code:
    my-imac:bin Ziri$ python iOS-artwork.py create -a ~/Desktop/[email protected] -d ~/Desktop/artwork -c ~/Desktop/[email protected]
    
    Creating a new file named /Users/Ziri/Desktop/[email protected] by importing 1178 images...
    	(Using [email protected] version iOS6+ as a template.)
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    	imported [email protected]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "iOS-artwork.py", line 197, in <module>
        main(sys.argv)
      File "iOS-artwork.py", line 194, in main
        action_create(abs_artwork_file_name, abs_directory, abs_create_file_name)
      File "iOS-artwork.py", line 121, in action_create
        create_file.write_pil_image_at(artwork_image.image_offset, artwork_image.width, artwork_image.height, artwork_image.is_greyscale, pil_image)
      File "/usr/local/bin/artwork/artwork_file.py", line 202, in write_pil_image_at
        pil_pixels = pil_image.load()
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 215, in load
        raise_ioerror(e)
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 52, in raise_ioerror
        raise IOError(message + " when reading image file")
    IOError: broken data stream when reading image file

  23. #256
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ziri View Post
    Anyone know why I am getting this error when trying to create a new artwork file?

    Btw, I did go through the entire tutorial and the part about the .bash_script didn't work for me, but I still got to extract the artwork with no problem... Could that be an issue now?

    Thanks!

    Code:
    my-imac:bin Ziri$ python iOS-artwork.py create -a ~/Desktop/[email protected] -d ~/Desktop/artwork -c ~/Desktop/[email protected]
    
    Creating a new file named /Users/Ziri/Desktop/[email protected] by importing 1178 images...
    (Using [email protected] version iOS6+ as a template.)
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    imported [email protected]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "iOS-artwork.py", line 197, in 
        main(sys.argv)
      File "iOS-artwork.py", line 194, in main
        action_create(abs_artwork_file_name, abs_directory, abs_create_file_name)
      File "iOS-artwork.py", line 121, in action_create
        create_file.write_pil_image_at(artwork_image.image_offset, artwork_image.width, artwork_image.height, artwork_image.is_greyscale, pil_image)
      File "/usr/local/bin/artwork/artwork_file.py", line 202, in write_pil_image_at
        pil_pixels = pil_image.load()
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 215, in load
        raise_ioerror(e)
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 52, in raise_ioerror
        raise IOError(message + " when reading image file")
    IOError: broken data stream when reading image file
    I couldn't even get Python set up on my Mac, I have forwarded your query to Dave Peck direct. He may come back to me or he may not. I will let u know if he does.

    If anyone can help out, please feel free to post a solution

    ziri

    The reply from the master

    "Hi Matt,

    This can happen if the image you're trying to load is:

    1. In the wrong file format (aka the file ends with .png but you saved it as a JPEG)
    2. Corrupt in some way
    3. Or uses image file format features that the Python Imaging Library (PIL) or one of its dependent libraries (like libpng or libjpeg) doesn't yet support.

    I'd check for those problems in that order. If you get to #3, make sure you've updated to the latest version of PIL and any dependent libraries.

    Cheers,
    Dave"

    Does that help?
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-20-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-21-2013)

  25. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    The reply from the master

    "Hi Matt,

    This can happen if the image you're trying to load is:

    1. In the wrong file format (aka the file ends with .png but you saved it as a JPEG)
    2. Corrupt in some way
    3. Or uses image file format features that the Python Imaging Library (PIL) or one of its dependent libraries (like libpng or libjpeg) doesn't yet support.

    I'd check for those problems in that order. If you get to #3, make sure you've updated to the latest version of PIL and any dependent libraries.

    Cheers,
    Dave"

    Does that help?
    Thanks so much for a speedy reply!

    The files are from the Jaku theme.
    It's not #1.
    I doubt it's #2 since the image works fine when opened on a Mac and when used with Winterboard...
    As for #3 I have no idea what those "file format features" even mean... I did install the latest PIL...

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ziri For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-21-2013)

  27. #258
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ziri View Post
    Thanks so much for a speedy reply!

    The files are from the Jaku theme.
    It's not #1.
    I doubt it's #2 since the image works fine when opened on a Mac and when used with Winterboard...
    As for #3 I have no idea what those "file format features" even mean... I did install the latest PIL...
    Ok, with it being a WB theme are all the Jaku UIImages exactly the same size as the 6.1 original extracted [email protected]/w? If the Jaku themed UIImages are different in anyway in regards to the sizing it won't recompile. It has to be exactly the same for every image with reference to the 6.1 original a/w file as it uses that to reference when recompiling.

    Double check, cos if you can extract as u have pointed out u should be able to recompile.

    Perhaps try recompiling your original extracted iOS 6.1 images first to confirm its recompiling fine.

    Then try the Jaku ones.

    See if that helps
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-21-2013)

  29. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok, with it being a WB theme are all the Jaku UIImages exactly the same size as the 6.1 original extracted [email protected]/w? If the Jaku themed UIImages are different in anyway in regards to the sizing it won't recompile. It has to be exactly the same for every image with reference to the 6.1 original a/w file as it uses that to reference when recompiling.

    Double check, cos if you can extract as u have pointed out u should be able to recompile.

    Perhaps try recompiling your original extracted iOS 6.1 images first to confirm its recompiling fine.

    Then try the Jaku ones.

    See if that helps
    I managed to compile the original images without problems.

    Do you mean size as in file size or dimensions (height, width)?

    Dimensions are exactly the same but file sizes are not. Is that the problem?

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to ziri For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-21-2013)

  31. #260
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ziri View Post
    I managed to compile the original images without problems.

    Do you mean size as in file size or dimensions (height, width)?

    Dimensions are exactly the same but file sizes are not. Is that the problem?
    Ok so it's an issue with the Jaku icons if you can recompile the original extracted images. So ALL Jaku icons are definitely the same size dimensionally?

    Im pretty sure I read somewhere that the images may need to be the same file size too.

    I will check, those Jaku icons are highly detailed too aren't they? So they possibly could be bigger causing a compiling issue.

    Will come back to you.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-21-2013)

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •