+ Reply
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I can't seem to get the uipinstripe to theme correctly on ios6.0. I noticed it does theme only on certain parts of the ui but not everywhere else like in
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can't seem to get the uipinstripe to theme correctly on ios6.0. I noticed it does theme only on certain parts of the ui but not everywhere else like in the settings app. It always keeps the same blueish hue. I've never had that issue on iOS5. It doesn't work through winterboard either. Any ideas why that is?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there an .artwork file of iOS 6 Emoji?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tried this, and it took me a few tries to get to this point, and I'm stuck:iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)-capture.png

Thanks
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chadillac1 View Post
    i tried this, and it took me a few tries to get to this point, and I'm stuck:Attachment 618833
    Its saying that that [email protected] was not in that directory for it to create the fully complete artwork file. Was it? It needs to be named the same as the iOS would use with the same pixel dimensions.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-14-2013)

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody-lg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBaron View Post
    Would you be able to upload those to Dropbox/Mediafire?
    Regards.
    Sure, ill post them up soon, not at home so will be a few days, just the extracted images right or the original compiled Shared@2x artwork files?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBaron View Post
    Would you be able to upload those to Dropbox/Mediafire?
    Regards.
    Here are both of the iOS6 extracted [email protected] and Shared@2x~iphone.artwork files zipped for iphone 4, once a JailBreak is out for 6.1 (if) and we can pull down the associated artwork files for 4S/5 I will do my best to upload these for everyone....

iOS6Extracted.zip
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-16-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2013), c0dy (02-06-2013), Cody-lg (01-17-2013), Jahooba (01-28-2013), medic88 (02-06-2013), nienque (03-07-2013), Sanady361 (02-17-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone broodwar's Avatar
    Thanks

Since iOS 6 these artwork it's gone. The plist also.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to broodwar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

Thanks

I had someone else ask me this, just to be clear I'm not on iOS 6.0.1 but I managed to acquire the two Shared@2x artwork files.

Also as broodwar has pointed out I don't think the Emoji artwork files exist anymore. 5.0.1 was the last firmware cos I can't find any Emoji artwork files in my 5.1.1 device but I did find "[email protected]" in /System/Library/Fonts/Cache and well seems like a thing Apple would do to restrict theming.

If anyone reading this believes I'm wrong as I'm not on iOS 6 & DOES have those files PLEASE upload and I will extract.

FYI I have been talking to Dave Peck mentioned a bug in the iOS 6 extractor tool - to do with AssistantMic.artwork and have been in contact about 6.1 functionality. He is waiting for the 6.1 GM to drop before updating his Extractor tool.

Will keep CrackZzZ's thread going for him. Anyone know what he is up to? M.I.A???

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think the 5.1.1 status bar artwork files will work in 6.1,as i like the 5.1.1 status bar much more then 6x,the only thing that would be missing is do not disturb icon?ill be having an attempt at this when i get home from work next week,as i want the colored status bar in all apps,etc
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
    Do you think the 5.1.1 status bar artwork files will work in 6.1,as i like the 5.1.1 status bar much more then 6x,the only thing that would be missing is do not disturb icon?ill be having an attempt at this when i get home from work next week,as i want the colored status bar in all apps,etc
    Without extracting 6.1 I can't say, however looking at 6.0.1 it's very different to 5.1.1. There is only the WhiteOnEtch type files now so not the triple up as with 5.1.1. Files will just need renamed and a few extra ones added. I was thinking a 6x images location thread could be handy once the JB drops for 6.1. Would you find that useful?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Any help for someone thats really only started theming(besides deleting.png files off my i4) would be much obliged :-D I can manually theme icons (bought themes)then load them from winterboard with afc2add & ifunbox onto laptop,then go thru and apply icons over the existing ones.Havent played with Shared artwork etc yet,as i have been reading & reading this guide to understand it
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Thanks

Any help for someone thats really only started theming(besides deleting.png files off my i4) would be much obliged :-D I can manually theme icons (bought themes)then load them from winterboard with afc2add & ifunbox onto laptop,then go thru and apply icons over the existing ones.Havent played with Shared artwork etc yet,as i have been reading & reading this guide to understand it
    Fair enough, just ask away and I'm sure those who can answer will respond. I'm only a Themer too. Been working on mine for a year (god I hope it sees the light one day!) but just read whatever will help. To be honest I just trial and error a lot. I've found WinterBoard is fairly forgiving if you get things wrong. So that's good!!

I use iFunbox as well so I think you are on the right track there. I just drop and drag my modded pngs as I make them.

Best thing to do with the Shared artwork is to download the extracted versions and go through it all. That will give you and understanding of how it all works. There's about 1100 - 1200 images used throughout iOS.

Winterboard theming questions can be answered in the Skinning Themes discussion under Winterboard.

But see how you go.

It can be heavy stuff but once you have nutted it all out in ur head at ur own pace it just falls into place.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013), Sk37cH (02-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 1,410 Posts

Sorry if this has been covered, but the Python link is down in the first post. Any chance someone knows of a new source, or will another besides [2.7] work? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Edit: Sorry. If I'm to ask for help I should be clear. I'm on windows, I googled and found the Python site, and some of the other build links work, but the one it says specifically you need, I can't find. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 02-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered, but the Python link is down in the first post. Any chance someone knows of a new source, or will another besides [2.7] work? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Edit: Sorry. If I'm to ask for help I should be clear. I'm on windows, I googled and found the Python site, and some of the other build links work, but the one it says specifically you need, I can't find. Thank you.
    Link is working fine for me...
    Download Python
    What windows are you on? I am only running Python 2.7 and it still extracts the artwork files. (Windows 7 - 32bit)

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013), Sk37cH (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post

Actually here is my Python 2.7.3 version if you like, I had it from ages ago, I installed it today and after playing around with the files required etc I managed to extract 5.1.1 artwork just to test it. It worked fine.

python-2.7.3.msi

Remember to download "iOS Artwork Extractor" - Zip file by Dave Peck and Extract the contents into your Python folder.
    The Contents should be:
    /artwork (folder)
    /legacy_metadata (folder)
    .gitignore
    generate-legacy-metadata.py (script)
    iOS-artwork.py (script)

These NEED to be in your Python folder

See how you go
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-02-2013 at 05:50 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013), Sk37cH (02-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone broodwar's Avatar
    Thanks

In iOS 6 there is no Silver_Base in UI. There is a new one called [email protected]
    This one you can theme like the Black_Base and then is the Blue one gone.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broodwar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013), Jato_BZ (02-02-2013)