+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4x to IOS 5x file changes

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
First, let's start with icons. The following icons have changed file names on IOS 5: Mail Music Videos Mail is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilemail is now named "[email protected]" with a capital
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,703 Posts

Default iOS 4x to IOS 5x file changes
    First, let's start with icons. The following icons have changed file names on IOS 5:

Mail
    Music
    Videos

Mail is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilemail

is now named "[email protected]" with a capital "I" instead of a lowercase "i"

Music is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Folders/Music~iphone.app

it is now named "[email protected]"

Videos is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Folders/Videos.app or var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Bundles/com.apple.videos

it is now named "[email protected]"
    -----------------------------------------
    These are the new icons:

Newsstand
    Reminders

Newsstand is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Folders/Springboard.app or var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Folders/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Newsstand is named "[email protected]"

Reminders is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Folders/Reminders.app or in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Bundles/com.apple.reminders

Reminders is named "[email protected]"
    -----------------------------------------

Ok, now for the UI

I'm not going to name every single file, as some of the changes just require you to rename the folder (which is a hell of alot easier )

We are first going to tackle the statusbar UI (which is completely changed on IOS 5)

Ok, first navigate to var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/UIImages

In there, you see images starting with "Silver" or "Black"

You want to create an extra set of the "Black" images by copying them all, and renaming them in that same folder. Do the same with "Silver" images. You should have two sets of "Silver" images and two sets of "Black" images in your UIImages folder now.

For all of the images that start with "Silver" you are going to just replace the "Silver" part in the name to "ColorOnGrayShadow". For example, you would rename "[email protected]" to "[email protected]". Do not change the [email protected] image at all, it stays the same in IOS 5.

For the second set of "Silver" images, you will want to do the same as you did with "ColorOnGrayShadow", except replace "Silver" with "ColorOnBlackShadow" instead.

Now for Black images (hang with me people )

Replace the first set of "Black" images to "WhiteOnBlackShadow". This is the EXACT same process as the instructions above, just replace the "Black" part of the name with "WhiteOnBlackShadow". Also, do not rename the "[email protected]" image, it stays the same on IOS 5.

Now for the second set of "Black" images you made earlier: replace the word "Black" with "WhiteOnBlackEtch".

And that is it for statusbar UI
    -----------------------------------

Now for iPod UI:

The folder is located in var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Bundles/com.apple.mobileipod

As you might notice, a few elements in the music app are not themed on IOS 5. This is a very simple fix. Rename the com.apple.iPod (or just make a copy of the folder and rename that copied folder name) to com.apple.iPodUI . That fixes it

-----------------------------------

Progress gears (this one's the biggest pain in the azz to be honest haha)

Change the progress gears with only the word "[email protected]" at the end to the following respectively:

[email protected] to [email protected]

Change the progress gears with only the word "[email protected]" at the end to the following respectively:

[email protected] to [email protected]

UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhite.0@2x to UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhite.0@2x

UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhiteLarge.0@2x to UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhiteLarge.11@2x

UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleWhiteSmall.0@2x to [email protected]

-----------------------------

UISearch bar (image located in SMS app)

Navigate to var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/UIImages

Copy "[email protected]" and name the copy "[email protected]"

-----------------------------

Chatkit is also changed on IOS 5

Go to var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Bundles/com.apple.chatkit or var/stash/themes/Folder.theme/Folders/ChatKit.framework

Make a copy of [email protected] and name it "[email protected]

Make a copy of "[email protected]" and name it "[email protected]"

Make a copy of "[email protected]" and name it "[email protected]"

-------------------------------

These are the list of file changes, I will add the list of new images later. Feel free to ask questions, and enjoy peeps

Also, I will provide a template you can download of the basic setup, and also, "Folder.theme" is the name of the theme you are porting. This takes a large amount of time, especially when done right, and the first time. I've ported several themes, and I will be adding to this tutorial, it's just that my fingers are killing me now haha.

***This guide is completely done by yours truly, if you decide to post this somewhere else, please include credit to me, as this took a while . Thank you***
    Last edited by KnightWing; 02-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

bgattis (02-03-2012), Duscarter (02-16-2012), iPAX (02-03-2012), iRyanKGT (02-21-2012), kimvy (02-04-2012), McManimal (04-23-2012), oldgit9 (02-06-2012)

Thanks

THX dude, very helpful!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iPAX For This Useful Post:

KnightWing (02-05-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kimvy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for this - I hope it gets stickied. Is photoshop necessary or will gimp work?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kimvy For This Useful Post:

KnightWing (02-05-2012)

Thanks

Neither, this is mostly just moving and renaming

I plan to add more later

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldgit9's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for the new file name and locations. very helpful. but i still need to locate and change a few more .png's to finish off my themes transition from ios 4 to ios 5.

can anyone help with the following. i need the new file names or locations for:-
    1. the buttons and images in the red circles in the attached images.
    2. the image size and location of the round switches.
    3. the original NewsStand icon .png.
    4. how to change the font colour in the mail folder image.

i would like to have all of the original ios 5 images. so that i can mess around with them an apply them to my theme. so the ultimate question is, can i download a complete stock ios 5 theme from somewhere, or is there a way to extract the images from the ios 5 update file?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iOS 4x to IOS 5x file changes-image22.png   iOS 4x to IOS 5x file changes-image11.png  
    Last edited by oldgit9; 02-05-2012 at 09:40 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oldgit9 For This Useful Post:

KnightWing (02-05-2012)

Thanks

I know I know, I still need to add a lot more. I plan on sharing stock images for the new images as well

Thanks

This thread needs more attention and THANKS!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question do you know the name/location of the black border on the itunes ans app store apps?

(Using Handbreak works great)
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-08-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is the best way to encode video for ipad? I'm looking for a 300m-500m files. What Program/resolution/codec???

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldgit9's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowx View Post
    Question do you know the name/location of the black border on the itunes ans app store apps?
    can you take a screen shot and indicate which part you are referring to. that way, people can help you out a lot quicker.

i know this is not what you are after....but it's what i think your asking for, the file can be found in the UIImages folder. for the life of me, i cant remember the file name, but a little bit of trial and error, im sure you'll be able to figure out what file it is. just remember, that...that file will alter other apps...its a generic file that most of the apps use....so it might look good in one app, but crap in another.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here is what i want to do and the normal black border on both itunes app & app store app

iOS 4x to IOS 5x file changes-default-landscape.jpgiOS 4x to IOS 5x file changes-appstore.jpg

Green Apple
    Thanks

Also I have not found the volume progress bar file for ipad video player. iPhone apps i have been able to skin it but not the ipad. Example youtube app...

Thanks

does anyone know the image for the background of the power off slider? or does it use the same image as the lock bar background?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    does anyone know the image for the background of the power off slider? or does it use the same image as the lock bar background?
    You mean the image behind the slider, or the image on the bottom part?

Here is the background image name:
    [email protected]

Located in var/stash/Themes/random theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

KnightWing, is there any chance you can provide a description of what each Progress Gear is for? It's my first time theming and a quick description would be helpful!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just FYI, there are some issues where you have to delete caches... if you know where they are.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome & Really Helpful Thanks!

Thanks

Sorry I haven't been updating this guys, classes have started, and I'm a freshman in college. Also, I'm supposed to be working/helping/modding on five themes, where three are betas...so I'm pretty tied up now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm going to make a iPad iOS 4.2 theme to iOS 5, so the thread will be very helpful...