Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theming icons iOS 5

Default Theming icons iOS 5
    I'm not sure if there still is, but there was a way to set a template to all icons without having to theme them individually. Can someone tell me how to do this now? Lol. bLaZe HD does it somehow but no matter how long I have searched I can't find it. Thanks guys!

Yes and no. There is one, but it will only do ones you download from the appstore. The stock apps will need to have the icons made individually. In the theme folder, under Bundles, make a new folder called "com.apple.mobileicons.framework". Inside, there needs to be 4 .png files. Start with AppIconMask.png, and [email protected] (both need to be 118X120). The second two need to be AppIconShadow.png and [email protected] (both need to be also 118X120).

AppIconShadow files are the border, so make sure the middle is clear (or whatever part of the icon you want showing, leave it clear). AppIconMask is the icon. Whatever part of the icon you want showing, cover it.

Place all the files into the correct folders and respring.

For stock apps, just photoshop the icon overlay you want onto the raw stock app image file. Make sure that the final image is 59X60. Name it whatever the stock app is called (ex. App Store.png (with the space, if the app needs one)). Then just place them in a folder called Icons and drop it in the theme folder.
    Last edited by The Assassin; 02-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Thank you very much

No problem

Guys mayby You will help me with this
    -tgeya.png
    as you can seee cydia and winterboard dont load theme icon

and no idea why
    com.apple.mobileicons.framework have 4 *.png`s inside

iPhone 3GS 5.0.1
    Last edited by fordas; 02-11-2012 at 05:29 AM.

try theme icon maker in the cydia store. i use it and have no problem with my icons eve since

In this case it works thx

No problem.

Here is my problem.
    I am using custom icons, no problem there, but all original icons that are 57x57 always leave a black background. All other icons with the size 59x60 are fine. It's only those 57x57 sized ones that have this black background. Replacing them or resizing to 59x60 results in rejection of the custom icon and the default one from the app will be taken.

Anybody any idea what to do?
    I tried the Apple Shadow and Apple Mask thing, but that did not work either.

EDIT:
    I kept trying and eventually found a solution. I took a 59x60 icon, selected the transparent surrounding and filled it wit black, set to 1% opacity, you hardly can see it, then erased the icon to full transparency and saved it as the AppleIconShadow~iphone.png, next used a 59x60 icon and simply painted the round icon in total black and saved that as the AppleIconMask~iphone.png. Now it works.

Last edited by rasputin007; 02-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Oh that thing. It made all my icons way too big when I tried it last year. Plus in my opinion it's a bit lazy other then making the icons legit :P

Those are weird. The mask and stuff need to be flipped. Any part of the icon you want to see needs to be covered, and the part you don't want showing left open.
    Last edited by The Assassin; 02-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.