+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Permanently Changing 3g icon

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I downloaded ifile and searched through the folders and found out how I can change the ATT carrier logo permanently. I just copy and pasted the icons I wanted as
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Permanently Changing 3g icon
    I downloaded ifile and searched through the folders and found out how I can change the ATT carrier logo permanently. I just copy and pasted the icons I wanted as the logo in the correct folder and then renamed the new icon and deleted the old one. I have been looking online how I can do the same thing with the 3G and "E" (Edge) icons.

The reason I want to do it through file is because I want it changed for every screen. When I use winter board, some screens don't display the custom icon (notification center, Cydia, etc.). When I replaced the old carrier files this changed this and the custom logo displays in every screen.

I am using a 3G fireball icon using winter board right now but it goes away when I enter (apps said above).

Also, this is a learning experience for me. I like tinkering with this stuff and I make sure to backup everything.

The question I have is where is the default 3g and edge icons located? ( I have searched around and can't find them in file, I even emailed the developer and asked and he couldn't give me a correct answer.)

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey dude. I had the same problem and I can't find a way either. Just wanted ya to know you're not alone on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Permanently Changing 3g icon-imageuploadedbymodmyi1332135779.543744.jpg