Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi status bar icon

Default wifi status bar icon
    can anyone point me to a tweak or tell me how to change my wifi status bar icon?

\Library\Themes\{theme name}\UIImages

Silver_0_Bars.png for the carrier signal or Silver_0_WifiBars.png has changed to:

ColorOnGrayShadow_0_Bars.png
    ColorOnGrayShadow_0_WifiBars.png

Make that change for all of the corresponding files, 0 through 5 for Bars and 0 through 3 for the WifiBars.

The former Black items have changed to WhiteOnBlackEtch
    Last edited by mx727; 01-26-2012 at 07:56 AM.

where do i access these....so i use file or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by chays22 View Post
    where do i access these....so i use file or something along those lines?
    Do you have Winterboard installed? I use iPhoneBrowser on a Win7 box and iPhoneExplorer on OSx.

If you have Winterboard, go to Advanced (for themers) and turn on Record UIImages. Then you can copy those files from the tmp/UIImages folder on your phone, modify them in your favorite PNG editor and put them back in the correct folder under Themes.

One simple thing to also do is to install a complete them in Winterboard and then you will have a template for where everything goes when you explore the structure of that theme in it's folder under Themes.

ok, thanks for the help, i feel like I'm in waaaay over my head tho haha.

Nah, just make small changes at first. Changing the bars is a great place to start. The problem is that the comprehensive guides are still a work in progress for iOS 5. Now that the 4s and iPad 2 have untethered JBs, many more people will be working on it. I know that I waited until now to get a 4s and start in on it.

Some of these guys are amazing with the effort they put into it.

ill probably just wait until a comprehensive guide. i don't want to mess anything up.