+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Fixed the background when you open a folder; (also changed the folder icon background) Fixed the wallpaper on the theme (320 x 480) was the only way to make it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Fixed the background when you open a folder; (also changed the folder icon background)

Fixed the wallpaper on the theme (320 x 480) was the only way to make it work;

Made the flower borders for icons not changed; (they look to small, have to fix that)

Found a better clock for the lock screen and added raining logos to lock screen and wallpaper; (love this clock and calendar)

Changed the sounds of the theme. (not Hello Kitty related, love that it tells me when a mail is sent or received. No strange noise but a "mail sent" or "you have email")

Here is a video of the raining logos; (as soon as i start the display recorder the iPad slows down so you don't see the theme running smoothly but you get an idea)

Hello Kitty iPad Theme - YouTube

What's left to do;

1. The music controls on the lock screen are not align correctly. One is close to the play button and the other is not. I have no idea how to fix this.

2. I already have "iPink Theme" what I'm looking for is "iPink Icons" its 13m and not working on cydia

3. The boot logo only runs once, how long can i make it so it will repeat a few times? Also is stretch since i made them in the iphone size, what are the dimensions for a boot logo for ipad?

4. Fix the flower borders for the icons, icons look small.

5. Make teh theme install a 1024 x 1024 ipad resolution wallpaper without zooming to iphone resolution and reorienting the picture sideways.

6. Make this a iOS 5 theme, i will upgrade this ipad to iOS 5 when i get the ipad 3.

7. All the video players from iphone apps i have been able to change teh volume progress line to pink. But the apps that are ipad native i have not been able to (youtube, etc...). I need the name/location of the volumebluefill & volumeknob for the ipad players.

8. itunes app/app store black border beneath the apps icon is still black. I need the name/location to change them to pink...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looking for more help, This are the Apps/Sites/Books i have found for kids. PLZ let me know if you know of better ones or if some on the ones I'm looking at are bad.

iPad Apps;

Helicopter Taxi
    Disney Fairies Fly
    Super Why!
    American Museum of Natural History: Dinosaurs
    IGirlz Alexis
    Addroit
    Putt Putt Saves the Zoo
    Math Evolve
    Jumbline 2
    Cool Jets
    Doodlecast for Kids
    3D Brain
    Art
    BrainPOP Featured Movie
    Frog Dissection
    History:Maps of the World
    MathBoard
    Motion Math HD
    Stack the States
    StoryKit
    Color & Draw
    Crayola Color Studio HD app
    Barbie Doll’d Up Nails
    Barbie Fashionista
    My Play Home
    Talking Carl
    Barbie I Can Be
    The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
    Cake Doodle
    iKids Comics
    Kid Art
    Kideos
    PBS KIDS Video
    Super Why! Paint
    Drawing Pad

No Games because I already know the ones she wants.

iPad Sites;

Kids' Games, Animals, Photos, Stories, and More -- National Geographic Kids
    http://video.kidzui.com/
    kidyos - the best of the web for kids
    PBS KIDS Mobile
    Disney :: Videos

iPad Books;

Go, Clifford, Go!
    Finding Nemo: My Puzzle Book
    PopOut! The Tale of Peter Rabbit
    The Three Little Pigs
    Nash Smasher!
    Ultimate Dinopedia: The Most Complete Dinosaur Reference
    Wild About Books
    Nancy Drew Mobile Mysteries: Shadow Ranch
    Cinderella
    Olivia the Great
    The Penguins of Madagascar
    Magic School Bus: Oceans
    Solar System for iPad
    Toontastic
    Puppet Pals
    Coloring Book
    ABC Color
    123 Color HD Talking Coloring Book for iPad
    Colorama Coloring Book Masks
    3D Coloring Book for Kids
    Color & Draw for Kids
    Crayola Color Studio HD app
    ColorPlay Kids Animated Coloring Book
    ArtRage
    Colored Pencils
    Zen Brush
    Auryn Ink
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-01-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Fixed the shadows behind the Skype and Safari icons in the Dock;

Last edited by shadowx; 02-02-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    ok 1. go to System/library/core services and some of the icons (e.g. the play button) are there, look for "play@2x~iphone.png" but obviously yours will be iPad

2. this is the same as above

3. i don't no this, but from winter board, there is a black navigation bar theme, which is just a .plist, so try this

4.i don't no what ur talking about here?

5.you want to change the mask overlay for springboard icons? Im sure this is in core services too (btw theres a program in cydia called Masks, take a look at this)

edit± see, here How 7o: Remove Shadows and Overlays on Homescreen Wallpaper - insanelyi

6. the iPink theme is here: Download ipink.deb - iPod Touch
    Tnx!!! for your help man. Hopefully you will help me get this on cydia if I ever finish the damn thing.

Any help on the new problems? LOL!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Made the Status bar Transparent like the dock. How do I change the carrier/time/battery % # to pink? basically the name/location of the files...

Darker Background fix the problem;

Last edited by shadowx; 02-02-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks

the numbers for the battery are actually images, not text, you will find them in springboard.app too

1. The music controls on the lock screen are not align correctly. One is close to the play button and the other is not. I have no idea how to fix this. The images you have made, put a gap between each image (e.g If its "<" now make it " <" follow?

2. I already have "iPink Theme" what I'm looking for is "iPink Icons" its 13m and not working on cydia. I can't find the deb file for iPink, but I've found some pink icons? Download Sleek Theme Pink Icons.deb - iPod Touch

3. The boot logo only runs once, how long can i make it so it will repeat a few times? Also is stretch since i made them in the iphone size, what are the dimensions for a boot logo for ipad?
    The iPad resolution is 1024 x 768, but see here on how to make an auto fit wallpaper How to Make Proper iPad and iPad2 Wallpapers (1024 x 1024 pixels) « Digital Citizen

4. Fix the flower borders for the icons, icons look small. don't no what you mean?

5. Make teh theme install a 1024 x 1024 ipad resolution wallpaper without zooming to iphone resolution and reorienting the picture sideways. see above

6. Make this a iOS 5 theme, i will upgrade this ipad to iOS 5 when i get the ipad 3. what do you mean make it for ios5?

7. All the video players from iphone apps i have been able to change teh volume progress line to pink. But the apps that are ipad native i have not been able to (youtube, etc...). I need the name/location of the volumebluefill & volumeknob for the ipad players.
    sorry mate, don't no how to do this, and my iPad isn't jailbroken to check for you (my sister uses it)

8. itunes app/app store black border beneath the apps icon is still black. I need the name/location to change them to pink... The default themes of winter board, there is a theme called "Black Status Bar" enable this, obviously change the colour code to pink (i think its rgb)

Like A Boss

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    the numbers for the battery are actually images, not text, you will find them in springboard.app too

1. The music controls on the lock screen are not align correctly. One is close to the play button and the other is not. I have no idea how to fix this. The images you have made, put a gap between each image (e.g If its "<" now make it " <" follow?

2. I already have "iPink Theme" what I'm looking for is "iPink Icons" its 13m and not working on cydia. I can't find the deb file for iPink, but I've found some pink icons? Download Sleek Theme Pink Icons.deb - iPod Touch

The iPad resolution is 1024 x 768, but see here on how to make an auto fit wallpaper How to Make Proper iPad and iPad2 Wallpapers (1024 x 1024 pixels) « Digital Citizen

4. Fix the flower borders for the icons, icons look small. don't no what you mean?

5. Make teh theme install a 1024 x 1024 ipad resolution wallpaper without zooming to iphone resolution and reorienting the picture sideways. see above

6. Make this a iOS 5 theme, i will upgrade this ipad to iOS 5 when i get the ipad 3. what do you mean make it for ios5?

sorry mate, don't no how to do this, and my iPad isn't jailbroken to check for you (my sister uses it)

8. itunes app/app store black border beneath the apps icon is still black. I need the name/location to change them to pink... The default themes of winter board, there is a theme called "Black Status Bar" enable this, obviously change the colour code to pink (i think its rgb)
    Tnx!!! again for the help.

I'm going with a darker wallpaper so the white carrier/time/battery % can be white as they are.

4. I already made the borders for icons not change, but they look small like iphone small. Can't they be bigger?

6. Will this theme for iOS 4.2.1 work on iOS 5? (I Already know the ipod theme wont work on the new ipod player on iOS 5)

8. "Black Sattus Bar" is to change the white carrier/time/battery % in the status bar. What I want to cgage is the black bar on the bottom part of the itunes *** store & app store beneath the control icon to pink.

Anyone knows if "Crayola Color Studio HD" works?

Crayola ColorStudio HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well the damn thing is almost done.

The flower borders are as they should be (i was wrongly thinking they where iphone size and not ipad size), fixed the boot logo, know what files I need to change to make the itunes/App store have a pink border (PlaceholderBanner.png the ones i have are 147 x 83 which i believe are iphone resolutions, I need the ipad dimensions and name if it's different on ipad).

What left to fix;

1. Wallpaper is 320 x 480 because the 1024 x 768 gets zoom in. (There is the ipad resolution wallpaper named "Wallpaper~ipad.png" if you get it to work plz let me know)

2. Wallpaper wont rotate with the ipad.

3. changing PlaceholderBanner.png for itunes app and App store.

4. Youtube app volume progress bar name/location so i can change them to pink. (I have no idea how to fix this)

5. Making this 4.2.1 Theme compatible with iOS 5.

Here is the latest Theme (almost done) and the iPad Boot logo; (location for the boot logo folder is Library/BootLogos Slider says "Hello Kiity" & the boot logo does not have my niece Name.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150537/Hell...ad%20Theme.zip

The theme is big (50m) because it's for the ipad and resolution on everything is higher, plus i have all the iphone resolution images also for the upscale iphone apps i still use. If you fix any of the problems while using it plz let me know how.

Again Tnx! for the Help!!! I'm almost done because of the help...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Decided on the carrying case and ordered; (could not find any better)

Also ordered the Crayola pen; (pen sucks but it opens the app which is stellar IMHO)

She does not have a computer so this will be her first one, so i bought her the apple Bluetooth keyboard for school work and a pink silicone cover.

Only thing I'm still undecided is the stylus for painting. Jot still looks the best option so far; (ostylus works great also but is too long IMHO)

Now I did not go crazy spending $$$ on this here are the prices I paid compared to retail; (All New)

Otterbox Defender Series Case = Retail $89/Ebay $19.99

Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard = Retail $69/Ebay $29.99

Crayola COLORSTUDIO HD iMarker = Retail $29.99/Ebay $15.99

Hot Pink Handsfree 3.5mm Headset = Retail $30/Ebay $7.95

Pink Silicone cover protector for keyboard = Retail $15/Ebay $2.99

Tablet Teddy Bear Carrying case = $69.99 (not available any wear else)
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I'm stuck cant fix the final problems. Any Help?

What left to fix;

1. Wallpaper is 320 x 480 because the 1024 x 768 gets zoom in. (There is the ipad resolution wallpaper named "Wallpaper~ipad.png" if you get it to work plz let me know)

2. Wallpaper wont rotate with the ipad.

3. changing PlaceholderBanner.png for itunes app and App store.

4. Youtube app volume progress bar name/location so i can change them to pink. (I have no idea how to fix this)

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is the best way to encode video for ipad? I'm looking for a 300m-500m files. What Program/resolution/codec???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok I downloaded this free video converter. I'm Looking for a 300-500m file on the native ipad ratio; Here is the screen from the program, what should be the options i choose? (MOV and H.264 i now but what else)

Last edited by shadowx; 02-08-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Decided on using Handbreak for the video conversion, I just choose the file size (500m) and the ipad preset video looks good and i have the space i need.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question will the HP D110a printer work on ipad using MyWi for the wifi network? She wants to print from the ipad and does not have a network in her house (or internet...)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finished the iOS 4.2 theme, only thing i could not figure out is the volume progress fill on iPad video player.

Here is a video of the theme in action; (used Display Recorder on iPad and the video is slow)

Need help to make the theme/bootlogo a .deb (plus adding the "Lust SBSettings Pink" already on cydia to the .deb)

-----Message for Cydia-------

Hello Kitty iPad Theme iOS 4.2

Rotating LockScreen Backgrounds,
    Clock and calendar on LockScreen,
    Live icons on LockScreen & iPad
    Wallpaper, Pandora app/ipod app/etc..
    Pink Skins. ENJOY!!!

**NOTE**
    you need to buy from Cydia
    "ColorKeyboard" for the pink keyboards
    **NOTE**

Done by "ShAdOwXPR"

for "Dasairy Lyan"
    --------------------------------------

Picture Captures;

https://picasaweb.google.com/1154944...eat=directlink

NEXT making this theme iOS 5 Compatible...
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-12-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here is the final theme folders;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150537/Hell...0iOS%204.2.zip

What i need to do is;

1. Make the theme folder in to a .deb that will also install "winterboard" from cydia.

2. Add to the theme .deb "Lust SBSettings Pink Theme" that will also install SBsettings from cydia.

3. Make the BootLogo folder a .deb that will also install "BootLogo" from cydia. (make this available separately but that will install with my theme)

4. How to upload the .deb to cydia.

(by the way 2 things i never could figure out; volume progress bar ipad native video players & music control on lock screen icon to close. If you find a way let me know and i will update the theme)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question with the right usb drive, can i access pdf/word documents/videos on a jaiborken ipad 1?

http://www.maclife.com/article/featu...connection_kit

----------------------

Well i received a few items i order; wireless keyboard works great and the pink cover stick to it so it does not fall, Crayola iMaker works INCREDIBLE if you have kids this is a must. Waiting on the Teddy Bear Carrying Case and just order Jot Mini Stylus (went on sale today) I will let you know how both work.
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-13-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No help on the .deb file Come on iOS 4.2 version is done, you guys do this all the time. Anyone can help? I'm clueless...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finished the .deb and uploaded to cydia (repo = ShAdOwXPR's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com) search for;

theme = "Hello Kitty iPad Theme iOS 4" (FREE)
    BootLogo = "Pink Apple to Hello Kitty iPad BootLogo" (FREE)

I used this 2 videos to make the file;

folders;
    Make a Cydia .deb File in Windows/PC - YouTube

.deb;
    Creating a Cydia Deb, Made Easy - iDeb

***iOS 5 version almost ready***

(Will make a New iPad 3 Theme (not for girls) but will not be free ($0.99), hope you will like it)
    Last edited by shadowx; 02-18-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iOS 5 version almost done. Here are some pics;

Ipad 3 will be announce on Wednesday I'm expecting Retina/LTE/8m Camera/Quadcore. Here are the apps i choose for my niece iPad 1;

Educational;
    Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo4-1.jpgGetting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo5-1.jpg

Books;
    Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo1-3.jpgGetting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo2-3.jpg

Fun;
    Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo1-2.jpg

Coloring/Drawing;
    Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo2-2.jpgGetting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo3-2.jpg

Games;
    Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!-photo3-3.jpg
    Last edited by shadowx; 03-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.